Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Enthnobotanical Beer
    #8004763 -

My friend and I have beered a few beers and I finally want to make an enthnobotanical beer...

For ingredients I was thinkin'-

(Humulus lupulus) "Hops"

(Camellia sinensis) "White/Green Tea"


and I was thinking about adding some kind of pine tree tips...but what species would taste best?

I've seen people make "pine tree tea" before...but which plant is the best one to be used?


I like a nice piney beer.

I was also thinking about adding blue lotus...

Any suggests?










MODS WILL YOU PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE P.E.?










--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Edited by FarFromHere (02/10/08 01:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8004902 -

i think you mean entheogenic beer...

ethnobotanicals are everything used by humans, so 'normal beer' qualifies.

you could add some capsicum :awesome:


--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: brshroomer]
    #8004961 -

what is capsicum?


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8004976 -

chili peppers


--------------------

trade list & wanted list

pinning triggers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: brshroomer]
    #8005042 -

OOOH i want some spicy beer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: cactiguy]
    #8005111 -

O shit! No sorry...:dielaughing: Not for this beer.


That is an interesting idea tho...


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8005420 -

blue lotus would be good, cause arent you supposed to soak the flowers in wine anyway? so its gotta be pretty compatible with alcohol
how bout some kanna?

...or salvia :psychsplit:


--------------------
There's just one small problem...


...and it's a big one!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: AtticusProphet]
    #8005443 -

Blue Lotus sounds good...

I don't think Kanna would make it taste very good...

and salvia is orally active...is it?


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8005518 -

For the first time I admit you had a good idea.

An herb beer sounds interesting, I´d make pedro or poppy beer. :hehehe:


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: felixhigh]
    #8005532 -

idk if its orally active actually
but i reject that idea anyway in favor of felixs pedro idea


--------------------
There's just one small problem...


...and it's a big one!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: AtticusProphet]
    #8005563 -

Poppy Beer! Now that's an idea!


I donno about pedro beer...that doesn't seem like it would taste very good...


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8005638 -

Fucking opium beer man... that would be the shit!


--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #8006125 -

Siekoaktiv said:
Fucking opium beer man... that would be the shit!



I'm doing this with my next brew. the only brew bucket i have is currently pregnant. maby in a few weeks ill try it.


--------------------
Check out my gallery, click on albundy.  :albundy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: LSDevin]
    #8006421 -

Hey let us know about it when you pop it.
I´m very interested.  :awesome:
It sure will take many tries until one finds a good ratio of effect versus bad taste.


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: felixhigh]
    #8006548 -

Don't opium pods taste like shit?

For my first one I think I'm gonna use-


(Humulus lupulus) "Hops"

(Camellia sinensis) "White/Green Tea"

(Nymphaea caerulea) "Blue Lily"

(Nelumbo nucifera) "Blue Lotus"



It'd be nice if I had some E. coca or E. nova leafs to go into it...


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8006580 -

add some heimia salicifolia, its traditionally fermented then drank anyway, but the taste might not be that good

salvia is technically active orally, you just need to take massive amounts even compared to what you would use for a quid, i say stick to smoking it

some wild dagga flowers might go good in there definately though

kanna is a definate

ohh and some lagochilius inebriens


--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8006627 -

Let's have a shroomery ethno-beer brew off!


--------------------
"We are the one's we have been waiting for" -Hopi Proverb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: FarFromHere]
    #8006752 -

OMFG FFH! You gave me the bestestest idea! Make some Tequila out of cacti (Tri-quila)! How freekin awesome would that be?!?

Does anyone know how stable the alkaloids in cacti are at high temps?

Most spirits taste sht anyways so the nasty taste of cacti will make it fancier.


--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: scruffymafia]
    #8007117 -

Hahah you crack me up Farfromhere. You really come up with some different ideas. This is actually a good thread. I'm pretty sure the indians used to make saguaro beer. I can't see why using other cacti wouldn't be possible.

As for the chilli pepper ideas, I've seen cajun beer.

Henbane was used to make beer before hops too.

I can imagine that only the lotus beer would taste good out of what's been said. It probably wouldnt be added before the brewing though because I'm pretty sure the heat would destroy the apomorphine at least to some degree.

Tea might be good too.

I've seen espresso beer at this place called John Harvard's. I'm not sure if they have them all over the country, but its a restaurant/ brewery that makes beer on the premises.

Kratom beer would be nice, but I can't imagine it would taste any good. It might also make some people experience nausea.

I could see wormwood working well as a flavoring agent, but it's probably not great on your liver.

I think mint would be cool. i'm sure it's been doen at some point.

You can really name any aromatic plant... Perhaps these would help cover up the taste of some of the more unpalatable enthos so that you could incorporate them too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Enthnobotanical Beer [Re: blazed123]
    #8007162 -

Cacti beer...somebody make it now!!:tongue2:


--------------------
:discorex::kickflip:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Camellia sinensis A.K.A. Tea Teotzlcoatl 1,438 15 08/18/07 02:57 AM
by pixeljuice
* Camellia sinensis...Tea...What do you drink? Teotzlcoatl 1,000 12 07/08/07 07:44 AM
by kadakuda
* Thea Sinensis Camellia as a Dangerous Hallucinogen durian_2008 1,509 11 12/06/09 03:18 PM
by Cactusdan
* Camellia sinensis - Theobromine UPDATE 2/6
( 1 2 all )
CptnGarden 5,254 26 02/09/05 12:06 PM
by mjshroomer
* ephedra sinensis Northernsoul 2,482 5 01/05/03 04:20 PM
by rommstein2001
* My Enthnobotanical collection :) [Cactii, Succ's & Poppies]
( 1 2 all )
J.T 3,048 21 11/23/08 09:33 AM
by plainswalker
* Grow Log - Enthnobotanicals psychestone 1,338 9 04/14/16 08:51 PM
by kactus.brand.g
* Cannabis and Capsicum spores 2,033 13 02/20/08 09:38 PM
by meatcakeman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,982 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.