Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
TI-89 question
    #7883144 -

Hey dudes.

Donno where else to put this so I thought that the pub might be the most suitable place :smile:

It's regarding the configuration of TI-89.

For instance, when I calculate 600*10^-4 it'll respond with fractions "3/50".

If I type 600.*10^-4, i will get a float response of ".06"

Is there a way to configure this thing so I always get a floatnumber response without having to use ex: 600.?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Arp]
    #7883166 -

I wish my ti-83 responded with fractions.

Can't you set it in the 'mode' part of the calculator (thats where you change shit like that on the ti-83).

If not, theres most definitely a button on your calculator that either fractulates shit or decimalizes shit.. I have a casio scientific calculator that does fractions and it has a button for converting between the 2 :laugh:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Cepheus]
    #7883170 -

yap you can change mode from decimal to fraction.. and you can always convert using the math->frac function

i'm actually gonna sell my calc soon.. no more math classes WHOOP!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Cepheus]
    #7883174 -

Just hit mode, then 1 I think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7883187 -

how much :naughty: ?

And what does the ti-89 have over the ti-83?

I got about another 4+ years of maths ahead of me :laugh:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Arp]
    #7883206 -

Wow, TI-89. Blast from the Past.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Cepheus]
    #7883246 -

I've been browsing through the mode-pages, and there are some settings for floats and fixes, but nothing much happens :sad:

Quote:
Just hit mode, then 1 I think



Doesn't work x)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Cepheus]
    #7883248 -

In case you havent got it yet, you need to change the setting to 'approximate' instead of 'exact'.

Cepheus said:
And what does the ti-89 have over the ti-83?

I got about another 4+ years of maths ahead of me :laugh:



The Ti-89 has a CAS.  Thats a computer algebra system.  Basically it allows you to do symbolic differentiation and integration (if a closed form solution exists), and other symbolic mathematics.  You can do math with variables instead of numbers.

EDIT- you should be aware that many schools do not allow you to use the 89 on a test for your introductory calculus and differential equation classes.  They dont allow any calculator with a CAS, generally.  Make sure you check what is allowed.  I simply have a second calculator if my more powerful one is not allowed.

Edited by Qubit (01/15/08 12:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: DieCommie]
    #7883277 -

Quote:
In case you havent got it yet, you need to change the setting to 'approximate' instead of 'exact'.



I tried everything but that! Thanks man! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: Arp]
    #7883292 -

ya ti 89 lets you solve for x :smile:

i've got a ti-84 plus.. but i dont really want to sell it over shroomery.  i'll sell it locally if anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TI-89 question [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7883323 -

The TI89 saves me a shitload of time when doing calculations for engineering.  Specially for a poor sap like me who can't do math! :smile:


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Question... PapaverS 1,709 17 03/15/04 12:10 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* algebra question Grav 1,312 12 11/12/03 03:56 AM
by Annom
* Questions about your toilet paper...I have a dilemma
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 8,933 57 06/03/04 09:25 AM
by goobler
* 'Tis the season shanti 1,114 16 12/08/04 09:39 AM
by shanti
* Best Resonse to a Stupid Persons Stupid Question mjshroomer 2,198 15 03/24/04 06:58 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Very OT: Strange question about fire damage and photos... GernBlanston 1,178 4 01/05/04 03:04 PM
by GernBlanston
* -A rather pressing question-
( 1 2 all )
igore 4,181 21 07/31/03 09:19 PM
by Fungushungry
* A question for shroomers........
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Chronic7 5,862 119 08/18/04 11:55 AM
by stefan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
764 topic views. 6 members, 38 guests and 183 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.