Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
anyway, i got about three jars in which i squirted an overload of spores and the mycelium almost colonized fully. there's a little spot though which seems to have bacterial contamination which the myc doesn't seem to be able to grow over.
i really do want to get at least some shrooms out of the endeavor, so i'm planning on doing the following in a couple of hours: -birth the almost fully colonized cakes -cut out the uncolonized (contaminated) parts with a sterile knife -mist em with a h2o2 solution
i realize that it's quite risky, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
i was wondering if any of you have done this successfully, esp. with bacterial contamination. what concentration should the h2o2 solution be? could there be bacterial contam on colonized parts of the cake? any other hints?
I had did some eq pint cakes of verm/brf a while back. They were taking forever to colognize and the bottom inch or so wouldnt finish. I decided to just cut off the part that wasnt done and case. When I opened the jar I noticed the bottom part that wasnt finished was all slimy and it smelled like bacteria. I cut it off and went about casing it. Never smelled the bacteria again in the casing and the shrooms grew fine and healthy. After that I got a pc so now I havent had bacteria since.