Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Rumors of field owners to kill mushrooms
    #76730 - 07/05/00 02:57 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

its probably just a bunch of bullshit!!! How many farmers would spend shit loads of extra money to stop a fungus from growing that has no effect on their livestock? not too many.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76732 - 07/05/00 05:10 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

hello armapsilogidion and grant2129, from what i have heard lately from a few various sources (off-net) is that the no-spore is a reality. and grant2129, theyre not spending shitloads of extra money, they are in fact spending quite a bit Less!

no-spore is a government based operation. they sell farmers the grain for cheaper if they go along with the program.

this is what i have been told, and i believe it. cause ive been in some fields that just Never have a single damn mushroom of any kind in it... and thats when there Should be many many mushrooms in there.

uhhh, find a pasture that produces any type of mushroom, and that pasture will of coarse produce psilocybe.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #76733 - 07/05/00 06:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, its tiome to give everyone here another paranoid trip about spraying.

Farmers do spray there fields with fertilizers the same way landscappers spray liquid fertilizers in lawns.

The bigger the pastures are and farms are depending on what kind of cattle are being bred, spray chemicals into the fields which the cows eat the grasses and it helps the cattle be bigger and more expensive pieces of prime cut at the markets.

I use to picke Liberty caps at bartels Ranch in Eugene, Oregon next to the Fern Ridge Resovoir.

I have sen the tanker spay a field and when I went into the field the next day, all the liberty caps has a scally cap with straces of color from the spray still on the mjucous membrane of the cap. The infamous sticky pellicle, a skin of film which covers the capo actually protects the mushroom from damage.

LAter on in a few days a bucnh of us partied on the shrooms with no ill effects.

I have also talked to Smith Brothers Dairy Farm out towards auburn and Kent and they have told me they still spray all their fields as do most farms which have both beef (For the market) cattle and dairy cattle.

mj

ANd no, if farmers put chemicals into their fields to kill shrooms or to make people sick then they would be in trouble and most landscappers and farmers know of the symbiotic relationship which mushrooms have with their surrounding environment.

Gardens which have a lot of mushrooms also have beautiful flowers in the gardens and the leaves are always healthy on the surrounding plants.

After fungicides arre used in areas like that described above, the surrouunding plants loose their luster and beauty and began to die, as if diseased from their environment.

Mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #76734 - 07/05/00 06:36 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I would also add that that is why people gropw shrooms at home, but themn people growing shrooms tend to put chemicals and other additives into their crops substrates to inhibit the production of psilocine/psilocybine and/or to increase the abundance of growth their crops might produce and I still here of people have reactions and getting very sick from shrooms they have grown at home or bought from someone who may have grown them. ANd the quetion is always, why?
Mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76735 - 07/05/00 08:15 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

:smile: im gonna go out on a limb here and say that mjshroomer is falling off the deep end with all these horror stories about pesticide maintnance and chemical gardens. :smile:

"it helps the cattle be bigger and more expensive pieces of prime cut at the markets." ---ahhh so thats why ive been so buff lately... ahhhh

i will have to fully agree with his last reply about them damn shrooms the kids been growin now-a-days in the styrofoam cups and incubated compressor chambers. Answer to your question is simple; its cause the shroom is damn sick and tired of being tossed around by punk asses who mess around with them every way they know how,.. like a Fucking Science Project.
and ill tell you mj, if you havent already heard my opinions on this already, but im against the cultivation of magic mushrooms indoors. heheheh
these kids... .. give these kids a spore print and theyll see how many mutant shrooms they can grow, laugh at them, show them off to their friends and laugh laugh laugh (no respect) laugh and laugh and laugh.
they deserve to be rolling on the ground in pain.
heheheh im tired of this sh@t

[This message has been edited by GGreatOne234 (edited July 05, 2000).]

Anonymous

#76736 - 07/06/00 12:47 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Farmers put chemicals into the feed so that the cows have less chance of getting sickly. The chemicals kill off bacteria and yes, sadly spores. There is no conspiricy to keep the shroomers away.

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
    #76737 - 07/06/00 11:52 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Thankyou shroomleprechaun, for being the only voice of resaon in the joint :wink:
You are correct. agricultural use of antibacerials and antibiotics are the leading cause of concern for shroomers and doctors alike. drug resistance is building up among these animals and plants and are rapidly rendering obsolete the worlds supply of antibios and bactos... meaning the germs that they are trying to kill are morphing, and what they will become is too terrifying to contemplate.
Also - it is against the law to use many fungicides and herbicides on land grazed by food animals (beef and dairy cows) so it just isn't done in any large number. Of course the GMen could, as G1 asserts, do this kind of no-spore thing, but fortunately, the EPA, the USDA and the FDA all have to sign off on such a proceedure, and the chances of that happening in a political climate like this one... are not great.

I have spoken.

m~

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

Anonymous

#76738 - 07/06/00 03:01 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Ok thanx to the people who gave reasonable answers. They made sence.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76739 - 07/06/00 05:29 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

armapsilogidion,.. if there was a logical answer to your question, then we wouldnt have given you all different answers.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract