Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: ?Dangers of being in a cows field? [Re: TriGuy]
    #80008 - 09/21/99 10:24 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

sometimes a little celebration dance is in order.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80009 - 10/12/99 01:06 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Has any one been bugged by helicopters. Its so fucking scary , it feels like Nam or something!

Anonymous

#80010 - 10/13/99 11:30 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I have been chased only once by a fucking helicopter and that was about seven years ago. I was with a 16 year old chick (I was 42 then) and was afraid of being charged with contributing to a minor.
Well, there were about 20 or so shroom pickers in the field that night (pickings were good) and when the hilicopter came over the tree line it placed the spotlight on me and the girl I was with. Everyone else in the field ran and got away but it kept the spotlight directly on us. We ran to the edge of the woods/swamp and just stopped and sat down with our backs to the helicopter. After about two or three minutes of hovering in the air with the spotlight directly on us the helicopter landed in the cow field and as I looked back over my shoulder I saw the cops jump out and start walking toward us. Right then and there we jumped up and ran into the woods/swamp leaving our flashlights and shrooms behind on the ground. By the time the cops were able to run back to the helicopter, get inside and get back in the air we were titty deep in swamp water about 100 yards into the woods and scared as hell.
We squatted down until the swamp water was up to our chins hoping that their infrared camera would not find us because of the freezing swamp water and it worked. The cops looked for us for about an hour with their spotlights and then gave up looking. What really pissed me off though was the fact that before the cops left they landed back in the cow field and picked up our flashlights and bags of shrooms we dropped so that we could run faster.
That was my only experience where I had to deal with a police helicopter. On the other hand, in my 31 years of picking mushrooms in Florida I have been shot at with shotguns, rifles and even a bow and arrow once.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

Anonymous

#80012 - 10/14/99 09:57 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

No, I have never been to BC as of yet. I first began my shroom picking experiences in 1968 (I was 20 then) and have not even begun to slow down. The incident I spoke of where the helicopter got after me was actually my fault. I should have had my ears open to listen for the helicopter but I had my mind on other things and it sneaked up on us. Now every time I go mushroom hunting on private property I am always aware of noises from the air as well as on the ground.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80011 - 10/14/99 10:15 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds scary as hell Sroom Wizard! Its way worst for you American pickers having to deal with fucking American cops.Every time I here a chopper ,cop chopper or not Imake my way towards the trees, which has kept me out of trouble ... or swamps! 31 years is a long time man , ever come to B.C.?

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80013 - 10/14/99 11:11 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Man I wasn'nt even thought of yet in 1968! You should come to B.C.man , good shroomin and the good green. Ever had hipppie crack? I got 3 huge balls of it and I am fuckin ripped at 9:30 in the morning.I guess we got some good advice people rarely talk about, Keep Your Ears Open !

Anonymous

#80014 - 10/14/99 04:48 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hippie Crack? That one is new to me. What is it if you don't mind me asking?

------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #80015 - 10/14/99 08:13 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I've never had the honor of hunting shrooms (I live in the desert) but all the talk of snakes and spiders reminded me of my last camping trip. We bedded down after dark, built a small fire, threw out our bags and went to sleep. We never take a tent while desert camping, the weather is too nice. In the morning I got up to take a piss. I walked about 30 feet from my sleeping bag and almost stepped right on a rattlesnake who was catching some morning sun. If he hadn't started rattling at the last minute I woulda gotten bit for sure! Anyway, I got thinking later that day...one of these times I'm gonna wake up with one of these damn things in my bag looking for a warm place to sleep! That'll ruin your day!

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80020 - 10/14/99 10:52 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Man am I ever glad our fields dont have fuckin snakes and weird animals . We have to worry a little bit about black bears.I see their shit alot near our fields but I have not encountered them... yet.Hey forbin , the reason I call it hippie crack is ,like crack cocaine it is pure,crack is cooked til it is pure rock. This fingerhash is pure 100 fuckin percent T.H.C. Cracks for junkies where as hippie cracks for us bud heads!

Anonymous

#80017 - 10/15/99 02:22 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I have always associated the term "hippie crack" with Nitrous Oxide and NEVER hash. For those who are experienced with both, the Nitrous would fit much closer to the term than hash would! Just Say N20!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #80018 - 10/15/99 03:14 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

who cares

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited October 20, 1999).]

Anonymous

#80019 - 10/15/99 08:09 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

mjshroomer;
How well I relate to your experiences. I live in Jacksonville Florida at this time (I moved here in 1966) and you are definately correct. Our shroom fields are full of snakes, huge spiders, skunks, oppossums, bulls, armadillo, fox and all sort of weird animals - but the one that gives me the most trouble is the redneck, beer gulping, sister fucking, cow loving farmers. The Dinsmore field you used to visit is no longer producing mushrooms, the farmer now puts no-spore in the cattle feed and also puts salt lick blocks out.

------------------

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#80016 - 10/15/99 10:16 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hippie crack is the mother of all smokings...fingerhash!

Anonymous

#80021 - 10/22/99 10:21 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Keif, Im not sure of the spelling but it is pronounced Keif in Amsterdam. Alot of their coffee shops advertise it as 100% THC. They sell it by the gram in glass viles for about twenty-five Guilders(10-15 American Dollars).

It 'ill moash your fucking head up good mon.

Anonymous

#80022 - 10/23/99 04:49 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Shroom_Wizard: I have a quick question about "no-spore" and salt licks. Do the cow patties have different appearances or textures compared to when the cows haven't been fed "no-spore" and salt lick?

Also let me say a little something here---
Northern Florida f*cking ROCKS for shrooms. Since I have been down in S. Florida, my success has been limited, it has been rewarding, but still none the less has been limited.

Well folks you guessed it...I still have more neurotic phobias concerning little bugs and pests in THE FIELDS.
#1. The St. Louis Sephillitis appears to be rampid among the mosquitoes here,,, so watch out people. Of course this doesn't stop me, I love it too much. :smile:
#2. Spiders. I think that for anyone that has lived near South Florida,"Spiders" is all that I would need to say...They grow to be about three feet long with red and neon orange horns and look like they can eat a small dog in a matter of hours. So beware. :smile:

Anonymous

#80023 - 12/14/99 06:04 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Ohhhhh h h Man... man o man o man o man...

Went to a little cow field tonight looking for shrooms again. Im pretty sure their are no mushrooms out there(season is on a breif stand-still) but it has been raining for the last few days, so I figured "What The Heck!.

So I hop into meh field. And Im walking around for a minute...and all the sudden I here a rattleing under my feet...! Rattleing against the cuff of my pants...! :smile:
heh, FU@K!NG RATTLE$NAKE !!!

In the timeframe of about 1.2 seconds;
-I heard and felt the rattle
-I glanced down at my feet
-I breathed a huge breathe of air
-And then jumped into the air about 25 feet to my right

Needless to say, the rattlesnake fucking scared me. I walked around the field for another minute trying to shake off the fact that I almost got bit by a poisonous snake but it didnt work. So I got the fuck outta there.

What would I have done if it bit me?
Do I try to suck and squeeze the vemon out?
Go to a Hospital?

I hunt mushrooms by myself and at night. Its the way I hunt. Ive never been hunting with anyone else before. Ive been on about 200 solo missions. I keep a very positive mindset out in those fields. But tonight has seemed to tarnish my outlook on it. In a bad way. What could have I done if it bit me?

It has me really shook up, paranoid about all the crazy shit out there:
-snakes
-alligators
-spiders

C'mon people, talk to me, settle my nerves, and please tell me what to do in this emergency.

"neva shoot arriff sheriff"-B. Marley

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80024 - 12/14/99 07:00 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Damn dude your lucky you didn't get bit. We have rattlers and copperheads here in georgia. I haven't come across any so far(thank god). If you ever do get bit by a snake, make a very light incision in the shape of of an "x" directly on the bite. Then suck if you can or squeeze lightly. The number one thing to remember is to try and stay as calm as possilble. The more nervous you become the faster your heart pumps that venom filled blood to your brain. Anyway, glad to hear your alright man. Hows pickin' been. It sounds like there isn't shit for cubies in southern Fla. just copelandia's. How is the trip off copelandia compare to cubies? Think there's any copelandia's in Georgia?
Good luck pickin' :wink:

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#80025 - 12/14/99 07:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah Id say Im DAMN lucky. I almost stepped on it. It must have been asleep. I thought those things sleep underground.?

Anyways,
Pickins been slim for the last two weeks.

I pick Copelandia Cyanescens down here for now. The Cubensis should make a reappearance in Febuary. I am really acheing for the Cube's. If I find them in late January it would truely be a God send...and thats what I am hopeing for.

Am I the only one in the Mushroom Hunting Forum reporting from Southern Florida? C'mon people, speak up if yer down here.

Also Lizard, the trip from both mushrooms are great.

Copelandias tend to give me vague explenations but at the same time I recieve a steady stream of enlightment from them...they are best for takeing light trips. :smile:

The sheer brilliance of Psilocybe Cubensis' is unmatched compared to that of the Copelandia's. With the Cube you feel them creep around your eyes and use them as if they were their own. Cubensis has a much
more potent level of "magic" inside them.

Dont really know if "The Cope" grows in Georgia. I figure if they grow here in December, than theyll grow by you during September or November.? Your welcome to come down here when they are plentiful again and Ill take you to some places they grow.

[This message has been edited by GGhreat1 (edited December 14, 1999).]

Anonymous

#80026 - 12/14/99 08:14 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Im from tampa bay area!
Only been picking like 5 times in one field, twice produced mushrooms. Cubies they were.

Anonymous

#80027 - 12/15/99 12:09 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

You guys sure have some great stories to tell. I am new to the shroom picking and would like to know if any of you know any good fields in California. It would help if it was in centeral California.

Thanks all!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds