Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHuntinShrooms
Stranger
Loc: Macon, GA
Cubes or not?? Help with ID please
    #763140 - 07/20/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I went picking today and found these mushrooms which give all the signs of being cubensis. They have the purple veil, bruised blue, and the caps were a golden brown in the center. The caps were already turing a dark purple around the edges when I found them, I am guessing that happens with age (these were almost dried out when I found them; the last rain was a few days ago). The caps are about 3 inches in diameter and the stems are maybe 5 inches in length, easily bruising blue. Here is a picture of some of them lined up.

And here is a picture of one of them with the stem bruised

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDuzt
Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: HuntinShrooms]
    #763727 - 07/21/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure what those are but from what I can tell they dont look like cubies.......

Anonymous

#763741 - 07/21/02 02:26 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
    #763748 - 07/21/02 02:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

they look like cubes to me- like mr.m said wait for the next rain and then round up the troops

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #763854 - 07/21/02 04:45 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, those are obviously cubensis, ain't no mistaken it.

--------------------

InvisibleHuntinShrooms
Stranger
Loc: Macon, GA
Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: ]
    #764000 - 07/21/02 06:42 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm.. They might contain bacteria, but I doubt it. They did not have much of an odor. That second picture was just in bad lighting. But if they were contaminated by bacteria when fresh, would they still contain any live bacteria after they were dried? I would think that drying them, thus removing almost all water, would kill off any present bacteria.

Anonymous

#764020 - 07/21/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #764136 - 07/21/02 08:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

By that ime in the piucture the shrooms have faily been deposited with multiple millions of fruit fly larvae and are probably just hatching the moment you pick it and then they eat the cap up. I have posted images of caps eaten by cockroachs (Water Bug, Palmetto var.) and several caps with a thousand holes drilled by tiny ants who tripped their heads off and couldn't descent the table legs once they got high and agian from rats and fromthe larvae inside the stems who climb up the stem adn then eat the cap leaving a large three inch spot of water on the drying paper..

mj

Yes they will have larvae in the rotted stage yet people pick them, put them in with their other shrooms and then the larvae can planet hop from one cap to another.

causing more bugs. Cubes and copes take much practive in properly drying them and killing the bugs before they hatch.

mj

their is a drying method at my site which I hav used these past 30 years and it has never failed me and I never used desicant at all.

Anonymous

Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: mjshroomer]
    #764159 - 07/21/02 08:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineHvnisaCap
journeyman
Loc: MIA
    #764264 - 07/21/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

What about the freezer? After drying, that is the safest place to guard against bugs and cockaroches. Although, down here in MIA we have roaches that are not above doing an Arctic trek across the freezer to your favorite ice cream.

Anonymous

Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: HvnisaCap]
    #764379 - 07/21/02 10:28 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #764725 - 07/21/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

WEll Mr. Mushroom, I might add that I have picked Copelandias for 12 years and I learned alot about drying them. AS far as bacteria, most cow shiot is [propbably very clean since we seem to grow all the vergetables we eat in it.

In ASia they use human shit for vegetable growing.

Many pickers will get a bag of Copes ('gold caps/gold tops'), and rewach in the bag and eat them shit and all, or at least they rub some off the stems and then munch the shrooms down. I have never seen or known anyone over all these years who get sick from the manure.
\
I do know that the farmers take tanker cars of chemicals and spray it in the grasses for fertilizers and also for chemicals to fatten the cattle when they feed. I have eaten dried liberty caps from fields sprayed in the PNW in the fall. I think they are inert when the shrooms are dried.

The worms do dry if you can start drying the shrooms immediately after picking them. In fact it should take no more than two to three days to dry them.

But cubies are meaty shrooms and the larvae are already usually seeded int he manure and up into the stems. If you do not start the drying then the larvae hatch and start to feed.

Of course tea will kill bacteria but also you will lose half of the high by preparing it in a liquid form.

mj

OfflineRangiku
Female User Gallery

#24360523 - 05/30/17 12:05 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Look like cubes that have started to dry out like when the stem gets damaged and falls over.

--------------------
”Beware the forest’s mushrooms.”

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: Rangiku]
    #24360530 - 05/30/17 12:11 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rangiku said:
Look like cubes that have started to dry out like when the stem gets damaged and falls over.

Lol man why do all the new people dig up these ancient posts?

--------------------

InvisibleCham9085
I brake for psilocybes.
Trans-male

Re: Cubes or not?? Help with ID please [Re: Dr.Satan]
    #24360734 - 05/30/17 03:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Satan said:
Quote:

Rangiku said:

Lol man why do all the new people dig up these ancient posts?

This post is 14,564,763,925 days old.  Are you sure you want to post?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale