Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbaddon
Stranger
Re: How will drought in GA affect mycelium growth?
    #75679 - 05/25/00 10:55 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Great question.
I wish I had an answer.
And I wish the Shroom Wizard was still here, he'd be able to give you a direct answer to that. It's really dry here. I'm beginning to worry that it's killing off a lot of the mycelium growth as well. I wonder that even if we get significant rainfall to decrease the deficit, we'll have killed off a lot of our mushroom population. Who knows? Hopefully spores will survive, and new ones will be introduced. I share your concerns. Only time will tell.

~Abaddon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: How will drought in GA affect mycelium growth? [Re: Abaddon]
    #75681 - 05/27/00 12:13 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Hello,

Last that I checked, the fields here in southern florida needed 17"'s of rain to get back to normal. The drought index is as high as a desert. We are nearing a quite disasterous state of emergency. The Everglades are being destroyed by wild brush fires. Fires everywhere.

This is mostly because of overpopulation, concrete roads, homes, buildings. TOo much concrete here I think. There is a reason for this drought...I think it is telling us something about the enviroment. It used to rain here almost every day.

Its so damn dry outside right now. You could dump a hundred gallons of water on the road and twenty minutes later it would be gone.

The only thing that will save us (for now), and it is sad to say, but we need a hurricane. We need some seriously shitty, rainy, wet, Cloudy weather.

And I would say that the Shroom will not appear for sometime once the storms start coming. They will then slowly start up again very slowly...hopefully giving a good Fall of finding Shooms...Mmmmm maybe some November copelANDias.

Thats my take on it

TheGreatOne

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #75682 - 05/27/00 10:00 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I didn't really answer your question, instead I was just babbleing on about the drought drought derought deroute

Mycelium. It really depends on whether or not the mycelium was actually destroyed from the heat and lack of rain (and it most likely has been). If it was destroyed, it should take a good THREE WEEKS (OUCH!!!) before the cube begins to fruit again!!! hahahahah

and that comes straight from the WiZArD (but I'm gonna say a week of tropical thunderstorms willdo)

Have Yourself A GREAT Summer and dont go out on too many unsucessful mushroom hunts :smile:

Anonymous

#75683 - 05/27/00 10:30 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

we are in a ten year cycle which will produce very shitty conditions..has anyone ever tried to take a cow patty and produce the correct environment for it to produce..did it work..i will def. try

Anonymous

#75684 - 05/27/00 10:33 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

ohh yea the cycle..dont think that i am saying i know all about it, just over heard some people talking about it if anyone does know more about it let us all know ..if i had time i would do some reserch on it

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #75685 - 05/29/00 12:07 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the answers guys. I am thinking I will probably travel a little to find a place where shrooms are producing as usual. Is there such a place? Has anyone found any good ones lately? I have been wanting to travel around a little anyway. If anyone has any suggestion on where to go, they would be appreciated. Thanks guys...

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #75686 - 05/29/00 02:39 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

SirShroomalot, I'll give you a general area to check out. Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. I've been picking there before with friends. I haven't been back for a while. But two of my good friends just came back with a Winn-Dixi bag(south eastern grocery store for those of you who don't know what a Winn-Dixi is) full of fresh cubensis. I know this for sure because I came over and showed them how to take prints and make syringes. I don't want to get too specific in field location. Just look in the fields around the new bridge(ask a local, they'll tell where the "new bridge" is) ask someone where the post office is. Once you find it, you'll see fields. I know they were growing there this past weekend. I can't say for sure whats out there now, but its worth a look if your not to far away. We seem to find at least a few every time we vacation out that way. So good luck, and let me know how you do if you decide to check it out.

This drought really is getting ridiculous. Here in mid Georgia, we've been getting brief showers, but not enough to amount to shit. The sun comes out the next day, temps get up into the 90's and every drop that fell the day before is evaporated. I'm with GGreatOne, we need a kick ass hurricane season to get things back to normal.

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #75687 - 05/29/00 07:18 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

...Lizard...Have you gone mushroom hunting in a hurricane yet???

Heheheh, it gets a little Windy out there!

Heh yeah :smile:

But its better than buying shitty overpriced homegrown tiny little shitbox dried shrooms grown by barwhite dweebies for 40bucks a quarter when its a GRAM short, and half the shrooms were picked too early. Huh, kids growing Shrooms. +Nodding my head in dissapproval+
Them shrooms aint no good...them shrooms just Money made in a styrofoam cup...them shrooms is ShW@GG heheheh :smile:

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #75688 - 05/29/00 09:12 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Lizard King, I went to Hilton Head Island last summer and didn't even think about shrooms. Now that you mention it, I bet that is a pretty good spot. thanks alot for the suggestion! Where in mid-Ga do you live? I also live in mid Ga, a little outside of Griffin. Are you familiar with that area? Has it been raining in Hilton Head much lately?

Thanks guys...

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#75689 - 05/31/00 03:24 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

I'm familar with the Griffin area. I myself am in the(trying not to be too specific)Gwinnette area. I drive out I-20 east to hunt Cubensis, around the conyers covington area. I've been out there several times the past few weeks and haven't seen a single mushroom in the field. It seems everytime I watch the weather channel I see rain around Hilton Head, thats why I suggested checking there. The humidity on the coast will usually always support a little fungus growth. Just watch the weather channel and plan your trip to HH. when you see rain over that way. If you or anyone else checks the fields I'm telling you about, please report back to me either privately or in this message.

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited May 31, 2000).]

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#75690 - 05/31/00 04:16 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited June 01, 2000).]

--------------------

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #75691 - 06/01/00 08:26 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My Father lives in the covington/conyers area. Small world. I'm up there alot. It's about an hour drive from here. If I do go to HH I will definately let you know what happens. Thanks again, let me know if you find anything around the C/C area. I haven't done much looking around there lately but I know they can be found if we would just get some rain. Me and a friend went out one night last fall and picked enough for three of us in about 20-30 min.

Good luck...

Anonymous

#75692 - 06/01/00 01:50 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Just to possibly raise all us southern shroomers spirits, i checked out the weather channel homepage and starting sunday and going all the way through most of next week they are forcasting that we'll be getting 'isolated thunderstorms' from the Atlanta Coast to at least west Alabama. then again, IMHO, weather forcasters couldn't successfully predict whether MasterMeth's next post would be obnoxious or not (heehee, j/k.) But, let's just all try to stay positive and bring on the hurricane!

------------------
The Road goes on Forever
And the Party never Ends.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#75693 - 06/05/00 10:55 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Well, so much for the the supposid rainfal this weekend. It might have sprinkeled for 20 minutes or so, thats about it. This drought is really starting to get fuckingridiculous!! Its june and the cubensis aren't fruiting at all. We better have one hell of a autum this year to make up for this bullshit.
[IMG]stuntzii2000a.jpg[/IMG]

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited June 05, 2000).]

--------------------

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #75694 - 06/05/00 09:18 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, fuck the weather man. They said to expect rain all week, now they say today is the only day we may see a little rain. They don't know shit...

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #75695 - 06/06/00 08:49 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

duhh This year is the "Solar Maximum" of our Sun.

It (our Sun) goes through 11 year cycles of hotter to colder.

This may be why we're experienceing this drought on Earth.

*** THIS JUST IN!!! ***

There were shocking reports Today of major Sun Storm Activities.

"The flare could trigger radio blackouts and high radiation levels in low-earth orbit. A dramatic" (from http://spaceweather.com/)

This is a pretty big deal, it should (Will) have an effect on us.

"Sun is Shinin', Weather is sweet, make you wanna move, your dancin feet" -Bob Marley

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract