Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Any hunters in South GA or the Jax Fl Area?
    #80324 - 12/13/99 12:24 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I must definately recommend you speak to Shroom Wizard. He lives in Jax. and would probably take you on a hunt. He has been pickin' for 30 years and knows where to go. I went on a shroom safari with him a few months back. I drove down from ATL and went pickin' with the Wizard. We were sucsessful in our search the first night I arrived. Even if you don't find anything, I would still recommend meeting the Wizard, he is a very knowledgeable person, and is great just to talk with and get to know. Make the trip, you'll enjoy it. E-mail him and he should respond, he's the moderator of this board, just click on his name at the top of the screen. Good luck pickin' :wink:

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Any hunters in South GA or the Jax Fl Area? [Re: Lizard King]
    #80326 - 12/13/99 01:14 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in Jax.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80327 - 12/13/99 02:49 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I went hunting with you in Jax. philley. You went to gainsville with me and the Wizard. I was the one driving. I believe you were the only one to find 1 single shroom, and the rest of us found nadda. Anyway, I just thought I say something, the name sounded familar

--------------------

Anonymous

#80328 - 12/14/99 03:57 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'm in Gainesville

------------------
http://www.morelmushroomhunting.com come check it out!

Anonymous

#80329 - 12/14/99 04:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Trinity; I sent you an email to advise you on how to contact me. I look forward to meeting you hopefully during the upcoming holidays.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

Anonymous

#80330 - 12/15/99 08:24 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Shroom Wizard-

I sent you an email to your yahoo account, but I don't know if you ever got it. Is there a better place to contact you?

AoxomoxoA
[coldrainsnow@excite.com]

------------------
His job is to shed light, and not to master.

Anonymous

#80331 - 12/15/99 11:26 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

AoxomoxoA - I just checked my email box at Yahoo! and didn't see it there. You can try me again at Yahoo! or send me another email to bud_smoker@budsmoker.com

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

Loc: Georgia
    #80332 - 12/16/99 12:45 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Shroomers!

Magic mirror tell me today did all my friends have fun at play? Oh.. hi Philley (did you find your homework), and I see Lizard and ... hmmm where is Abbaddon... and I see Trinity and Chrismathe, and AoxomoxoA and the Wizard himself. Have you all been good boys and girls? Do you think Santa (with his Amanita suit) will be good to you this year.

Ok... enough foolin' around. Thank God we live in one of the best magic mushroom hunting grounds in the world. But things are slow (cold) right now in the "wild" and some of us have taken to indoor cultivation. Trinity... I concur with Lizard, get in touch with the Wizard and he'll show you a couple of fields in the Jacksonville area. Realistically though, I think ANY field that has been used as a cow pasture in the last couple of years in the "Gulf Coast" biome is likely to host a few of the psilly shrooms.

Trinity, do you live in S.GA or N.FL? Lizard and Abbaddon and I live in the Atlanta area, but I haven't met them yet. I'm too busy with work and family right now to go hunting, but I am growing and experimenting, and I'd like to stay in touch. I have a GC spore print I can give you, and if you start now you can probably have homegrown shrooms in less than two months.

I'll probably head down south again during the first warm spell of next year (even as far as Gainsville), and wouldn't mind sharing the ride.

Good luck.

------------------
Do not seek the truth, just stop having opinions.

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

Loc: Georgia
    #80333 - 12/16/99 12:50 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Shroomers!

Magic mirror tell me today did all my friends have fun at play? Oh.. hi Philley (did you find your homework), and I see Lizard and ... hmmm where is Abbaddon... and I see Trinity and Chrismathe, and AoxomoxoA and the Wizard himself. Have you all been good boys and girls? Do you think Santa (with his Amanita suit) will be good to you this year.

Ok... enough foolin' around. Thank God we live in one of the best magic mushroom hunting grounds in the world. But things are slow (cold) right now in the "wild" and some of us have taken to indoor cultivation. Trinity... I concur with Lizard, get in touch with the Wizard and he'll show you a couple of fields in the Jacksonville area. Realistically though, I think ANY field that has been used as a cow pasture in the last couple of years in the "Gulf Coast" biome is likely to host a few of the psilly shrooms.

Trinity, do you live in S.GA or N.FL? Lizard and Abbaddon and I live in the Atlanta area, but I haven't met them yet. I'm too busy with work and family right now to go hunting, but I am growing and experimenting, and I'd like to stay in touch. I have a GC spore print I can give you, and if you start now you can probably have homegrown shrooms in less than two months.

I'll probably head down south again during the first warm spell of next year (even as far as Gainsville), and wouldn't mind sharing the ride.

Good luck.

------------------
Do not seek the truth, just stop having opinions.

Anonymous

#80334 - 12/15/99 10:42 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Where would be a good place to find Amanita Muscarias right now in Florida?
I wont be eating them if I find them...Ive never seen one before and just want to take some pictures.

Happy Holidays!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80335 - 12/16/99 12:54 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure how abundant Amanitas are in Florida. I know here in Georgia I find shitloads of them in october-november in pine forests. Earlier this year I picked 75 fresh Amanitas in 30 mins. The species that fruits in the east is Amanita Muscaria. Var. Formosa. They appear light red to orange in color. I haven't ever ingested Amanitas so I can't say how the effects are. I just think they're a beautiful mushroom. Definately look in pine forests, Amanitas can always be found around pines. You probably won't find any yet this year, sweasons over. I haven't seen Amanitas fruiting around here since late november. Maybe since the warm climate in Florida, you could still find a few, dunno?

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 16, 1999).]

--------------------

Anonymous

#80336 - 12/19/99 10:25 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, thanks for the info on Amanita's Lizard. I dont believe I will ever ingest them for a number of reasons. I did alot of looking for them during October and November but had never come across them. I did however see a Destroying Angel...it was a excellent specimen..PURE White in color.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #80337 - 12/19/99 10:06 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Trinity,
mjshroomer here.

If you live in the jacksonville area, I might recommend the Dinsmore Dairy farm. It is listed in the Jacksonville, Florida phone book and is about 1 30-40 minute drive from Arlington.

They have Psiolocybe cubensis and they grow in April and May.

Mj.

Anonymous

#80338 - 12/22/99 07:49 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

mjshroomer - I take it you haven't visited Jacksonville in some time. The Dinsmore Dairy farm is no longer a shroom picking field like it used to be (damnit). There are a lot less cows and the owner puts "No-Spore" in his cattle feed (not to mention salt lick blocks all over the field). The only thing left growing in that field is the cows themselves. One more time, "Damnit".

------------------

Anonymous

#80339 - 12/23/99 09:02 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

re: amanitas, I did find some lemon colored ones yesterday, but not the muscaria you are looking for. I found a similar species back in October this year, the A. caesarea, in fact I posted a picture of it on an earlier post, here on this bulletin board.

------------------
http://www.morelmushroomhunting.com come check it out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck