Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexx76
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone found a Cubensis in GA ? ? ?
    #76550 - 06/30/00 05:34 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I've had no luck. I think we'll have to wait
until late August or September...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Has anyone found a Cubensis in GA ? ? ? [Re: xx76]
    #76552 - 06/30/00 07:58 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes they won't fruit when the temperature is too hot.

But yes they are in Georgia and I remember an article years ago in Hightimes Magazine, I think it was republished in October 1987 along with my article on Wasson ans seven photographs. about two hippies who drove to Georgia to pick Cubensis, although I cannot remember the article.

,j

Anonymous

#76553 - 06/30/00 08:16 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

hAS ANYONE FOUND CUBIES IN NC?where? thers many cow feilds around here,what kind of cows grow fruit?I do know most dairy cows are fed anti fungi food.

Anonymous

#76554 - 07/04/00 05:44 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Last year around Feb and March I crossed the FLA border to GA and found a shit load of Cubs. I know for sure that a certain famous shroomer from north florida can vouch for me. Good luck!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76555 - 07/08/00 12:50 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

c'mon lizard, you know theyre there. go get some georgiacubes and send a dose or two to dr. guzman to document it for us.

i think it would be a Great thing to do.

who else better than you? -go sweat it out and find some of them shroooms.

***quiz time***

tell me this lizard... is this a fake or a cube?

:uploads/Boober:

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #76556 - 07/08/00 02:28 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Your right GGreatOne, I do know they're out there. We haven't had rain for about a week and a half, so I just haven't bothered to check the fields. A few weeks ago it rained on and off here for 3 days, when I drove by the fields all I could see was meadow mushrooms(agaricus campestris) I'm sure there was a few cubes out there hiding in the shade. I meant to get out in the fields, but I was way too busy with company visiting from Minnesota. The next time we have a decent rain (I pray its soon) I'll get off my lazy ass and find some cubies.

I don't know bout that picture GGreatOne, thats pretty poor quaility. I can asure you I've handled enough cubensis to know what they look like.

My best guess would be that is a fake. Reason being is I don't see the classic gold color in the center of the cap. It could be your pic though. Its hard to I.D. a mushroom by looking at its cap (especially in this picture)

So, am I right or wrong?

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76557 - 07/08/00 05:25 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

you are,..... Wrong lizard

it is in fact a Psilocybe cubensis.

heres the pic i took of it once i cleared away the grass to reveal the veil...

:uploads/Wwrong:

you had better sharpen your skills up on identification cause it would be a discrace to these mushroom hunting boards to send dr. guzman a fake sample. heheheh

shroom hunting moderator doesnt even know a cubensis when he sees one (and theres nothing wrong with my pictures). it was a tricky descision though... but just stare into the middle of the cap of the picture in question... what color is it?? who knows.. you dont need to see the color to know what it is.

youd better tighten up buddy,.. youve probably been finding cubes in the field and you dont even know that it is a cube your finding! hahahahah

TheGreatOne

Anonymous

#76558 - 07/08/00 11:20 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

GA: 96-100 degree weather + low humidity + no rain + drought + smog/poor air quality conditions.need i say more? wait about 1-3 months.things will be better then(i hope).

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76559 - 07/08/00 11:36 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Unseen knows the deal. If we had half the rain Florida has been getting, I might have a half ass chance of finding something.

As for the results on your *quiz* it doesn't mean shit. I don't need to sharpen my skills at all. When it comes to physically handling a cubensis in the field, I can identify with no problem at all. As for looking at a grainy picture of a mushroom cap on a computer screen, my I.D. skills don't do me much good. I bet I could post a pic of any other mushroom species besides a cubensis, and you wouldn't have a fighting chance in hell to I.D it. Just because your familar with a paticular species of mushrooms, doen't make you an I.D. expert either. So don't tell me I need to sharpen up my skills, mister. They're plenty sharpened.

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#76560 - 07/09/00 12:10 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I would just generally guess that it wasn't a cube also, if all I could see was the very top of the cap (especially in digital form). Looking at one digital pic from straight above is nothing to base an ID on, especially when we're talking about eating wild mushrooms.

Anonymous

#76561 - 07/10/00 11:42 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Kick some ass Lizard! anyhow whats identifying a picture going to prove. You can't eat it and trip practically useless, but then again what do I know I am just a burned out acidhead. Lizard how is the growing doing? I am pretty dry now I got 12 jars ready but keep on forgeting to put spore on them. I'll will do that today. We need to go hunting some time. Untill next time Lizard.

Peace

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76562 - 07/10/00 02:38 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

sheesh! this lizard is getting all bent out of shape over this whole identification test. had you seen the magic in the cap in the first place, would you have been so defensive about your expert opinion being wrong? ..probably not.

"I bet I could post a pic of any other mushroom species besides a cubensis, and you wouldn't have a fighting chance in hell to I.D it." ---->bring it on lizard!!!! i wont be able to tell you the species name, but i can tell you if it is a magicmushroom or not.

anytime anywhere lizard.

Anonymous

#76563 - 07/10/00 02:52 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

cubs are in deep south ga..i found a few very few and brught home some colinized manure..i am trying to make it fruit..any suggestions..i have NEVER grown so all ideas welcome..i will try to do it outdoors

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76564 - 07/10/00 02:54 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Whether or not you care, I apologize...I was rather hasty :O Lizard doesn't like to be doubted. My guess was as good as your picture.

Just to make this a fun little game, its my turn to quiz. I'll get back to this thread shortly with a real stumper.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineSirShroomalot
journeyman
    #76565 - 07/10/00 03:17 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

myself,

How many did you find? my friends found about five a week ago, but that's all I've heard of. I will have a homegrown crop soon though. Good luck in the future! take it easy...

~SirShroomlots

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76566 - 07/10/00 04:16 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Here ya go GGreatOne. Its *quiz time* I'm not asking you to identify these mushrooms(since you said you wouldn't be able to) all I want you to do, is use that little psilocin detector of yours, and tell me which one of these is "magic"

Picture A)

Picture B)

The Lizard,

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited July 10, 2000).]

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76567 - 07/10/00 05:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

heheheheheh

there is no magic inside of mushroom B.

and if you are trying to trick me by putting two fakes in a question you say has one magic...well then that would mean that you cannot be trusted. heheheh.

mushroom A is almost interesting looking, there might be a glimpse of hope for it being magic, but i wouldnt put money on it.

gg points his magic wand at mushroom A. (and you had better not be trying to pull one over on me)

:uploads/magicwand:

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76568 - 07/10/00 05:12 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

ehh screw you you fucking bastard heheheh

i wouldnt eat either of those mushrooms.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76569 - 07/10/00 05:38 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

ATTENTION LIZARD KING (KNOWER OF ALL MUSHROOM SPECIES) (IDENTIFIER OF ALL THINGS MUSHROOMS) AND (THE CUBENSIS KING OF GEORGIA)
:smile:
now i know that you are not very well versed in the identification of magicmushrooms of the southeastern united states. i also understand that you lack experience identifing a cubensis cap from my "low resolution digitized photographs"...

i am in need of your expert opinion, because i am having difficulties, identifing this mushroom here:

:uploads/Identify:

do you find similar mushrooms like this in GEORGIA, often? heheheh :smile: yeah i didnt THINK SO!

could you please help me mr lizard king?
i am in dire need of your mushroom wisdom

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#76570 - 07/10/00 06:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Lizards laughing his ass off :smile: Thanks for at least playing along. No hard feelings. I am openly admitting that you, {The GreatOne} are more experianced with the identification of wild Ps. cubensis than I. Although I would never have a problem Identifying a cubensis in the field, you can still probably spot one quicker and easier than I.

**Lizard bows down to the GGreatOne and hearby declares him the cubie king** Hail the GGreatOne.

*quiz answers* the top image(image A) is Psilocybe cyanescen. One of the many famous "magic" mushrooms of the northwest USA. The bottom image(Image B) is Agrocybe faninacea, one of mexico's "magic" mushroom species.

In conclusion, both of them are magic. Which is a clear indication that you {the GGreatOne} cannot see the "magic" in a mushroom anymore than I can.

And yes I do see mushrooms like that in GEORGIA. The mushroom in the picture you posted this time, is clearly a cubensis. I can barley make out the viel under the cap, and the classic gold color is much more apparent than the last pic.

The Lizard,

------------------
End the War on Drugs...Vote Libertarian
http://www.lp.org

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #76571 - 07/12/00 10:02 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, that was fun!

:uploads/THREECUBE:
TheGreatOne

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #76572 - 07/12/00 05:25 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hi Lizard King, that Agrocybe is not one of Mexico's famed "magic" mushrooms and although it is known to be psilocybian Agrocybe farinacea is only known of from Japan.

Who gave you that information?/

Please let me know and have a great day.

mjshroomer

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck