Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Cubs Win Again, Brewers Likely Done...
    #7444663 -

Wow.

What a turnaround from earlier in the season. This Cubs team looked to be stacked with talent before the season started, but played like absolute SHIT for the first half. But man oh man what a difference a few months make.

The Cubs beat the Pirates for the third time in a row today, and while nobody is saying the Pirates are exactly a World-Class Ballclub, they are a group that have tormeted the Cubs for the last few seasons. Zambrano beat Tom Gorzelanny today, showing that maybe he doesn't really have our number after all. I think he had beat us every time he pitched against us going into today.

And in Hotlanta, the Braves beat the Brewers for the third time in four games, dropping The Crew to 3.5 games behind the Cubs. I've already gotten several angry calls from Brewers fans today telling me that the refs screwed them out of the game, and I dont know if theres any truth to that, but I doubt it. Sounds like crying over spilled grapes and sour milk to me. This looks like a team, to me, that has finally had the pressure catch up to them. I'll be scared of them next year if they sign some pitchers, but I think they're done.

So with the seven games to play, the Cubs have a pretty comfortable lead and look HOT. Sori, cold early and then hurt late has hit 4 home runs in the last 4 games and 17 in the last 30. THAT is production. Aramis is hitting about 2 3-run jacks per game, and even Derek Lee has found his power-stroke. Oh, did I mention that our young prospect catcher, Geovany Soto, has finally found his way to the majors and is rampaging over opposing pitchers?

I know theres a bit to play yet, but I'm calling the division won. The Cardinals are officially out of contention, and the Brewers would have to win 6 of their last 7 to beat us out if we play even .500 ball. And I think we're better than that, especially facing off against the Marlins for the next 3. A series sweep wins it...

So thats the story. Cubs will likely take the Central and head into a Divisional Round matchup against the winner of the NL-East, be that the Phillies or the Mets. I'm not sure how confident I am against either one of those teams. I sure dont want to see Pedro and Glavine pitching against us, but I'm more afraid of those Phillies bats.

I said alot of bad things about this team early in the season, and I stand by all of them. They sucked. Now, they are playing great and I love them. Hell, I even bought a "Its Gonna Happen" t-shirt the other day, and have been gleefully wearing it about town here in Milwaukee.

I just got a text message from a Brewers-Fan friend who told me "Yeah, but the Packers will take the division".

I think that says it all.

GO CUBS.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Win Again, Brewers Likely Done... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7444779 -

as a mets fan, i think you would want to play us in the playoffs. the bullpen is absolute shit. it seems like everyday i have to pray for rain or that the starter can go 8 just so the team has a chance to win.

as much as i love my team. i really hope they fall out so they can get rid of randolph. i wanted him gone after the nlcs last year (something i knew wouldn't happen), but if they don't make the playoffs with arguably the most talented team in the league then he has to go.


--------------------
May our only occupation be not having a job.
May the only cocktails that we make be molitov.
-Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cubs Win Again, Brewers Likely Done... [Re: ledfut]
    #7445116 -

Quote:
Pirates Manager Jim Tracy said, after the game...

"We ran into a buzz saw. It's that simple," Pirates manager Jim Tracy said. "They are very focused and on a mission. After today, personally I think they're going to accomplish it. ... Just everything is going right for them."




--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cubs vs. Brewers Three-Game Set Madtowntripper 2,808 19 05/02/08 06:59 PM
by Virus_with_Shoes
* Cubs v Brewers -- Round Two Madtowntripper 468 1 04/23/07 06:36 PM
by Madtowntripper
* The Cubs robbyberto 1,180 12 10/07/07 03:13 PM
by whattheheck
* The Chicago Cubs.....
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
whattheheck 11,402 139 09/27/08 09:09 PM
by whattheheck
* Cubs vs. Dodgers
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Madtowntripper 5,997 74 10/06/08 02:32 AM
by MistaUNGA
* Go Cubs GO. Madtowntripper 527 1 02/18/08 08:33 AM
by Deadmaker
* Yost fired from Brewers
( 1 2 all )
robbyberto 2,439 23 09/18/08 04:46 PM
by zappaisgod
* Brewers Bullpen Drunk Again, Cubs w/in 1/2 Game of Central Lead Madtowntripper 893 7 07/29/07 07:46 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
701 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.