Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: robbyberto]
    #9018413 - 10/02/08 01:42 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I wasn't up to date on ol Chad, but by numbers alone, you'd think he was the guy who should have the mega contract out of him and Z.

Peace

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: whattheheck]
    #9019088 - 10/02/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I think we take Billingsley, but Kuroda goes tomorrow and the Cubs looked absolutely helpless against him last time we faced him.

<sigh>

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9019352 - 10/02/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

No day off for travel? I need to get up to date so we don't miss anything. And I wouldn't worry about anythings, the Cubs owned CC when no one else could touch him. This is why we got Lou MT, he'll make all the difference.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9019451 - 10/02/08 05:40 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You're right, not tomorrow.

And Lou blew the game last night.  Dempster obviously had nothing at all.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

#9020292 - 10/02/08 08:15 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Only the Cubs, only the Cubs :foreheadslap:

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #9020464 - 10/02/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whattheheck said:
Only the Cubs, only the Cubs :foreheadslap:

QFT.
This is awful. The first game was funny, but this one is just making me sad.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9020564 - 10/02/08 09:09 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Someone point me to the bridge.

Another five months of my life wasted.

--------------------

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
    #9020654 - 10/02/08 09:20 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Cmon Cubs fans don't give up now :sad:

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9021188 - 10/02/08 10:45 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Unreal. The thing is, everyone pretty much knew it was over when DeRosa booted that made for prime time DP ball.

Well, let's see, '89, '98, '07 & '08 we didn't even show up and of course in '03 we had Bartman and the implosion after him.

It's been a rough 23 years. :sad:

--------------------

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9021501 - 10/02/08 11:43 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes said:
Cmon Cubs fans don't give up now :sad:

Not yet!!!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#9026237 - 10/03/08 10:16 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Someone point me to the bridge.

Another five months of my life wasted.

Fuck that, I've talked myself into it again.

Harden tomorrow, arguably our best pitcher and one of the best in the majors.

Ted "Bulldog" Lilly going on Sunday, he's been great for us all year and if anyone can handle the pressure of a must-win game it's him.

Win tomorrow and the pressure is on the Dodgers to close it out Sunday.  With Derrek Lowe on short rest.

And then we get Demp at home on Monday.  Dempster had NO control at all on Wednsday and was still scoreless through five before he made one bad pitch.  If he's less keyed up, he wins that game no problem.  Dempster at home vs. Billingsley?

I'll still take that match-up.

Big Blue Train Rolls On, Baby.  And don't mind the gasping coming from the corner of the room come Saturday  night.  That's just me hyperventilating into my paper bag.  I'll be okay.

If we win.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9026248 - 10/03/08 10:21 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Sunday will come and the Cubs will not be playing this day.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9026258 - 10/03/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't read that, hater.

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#9026391 - 10/03/08 11:02 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I still love ya.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #9026795 - 10/04/08 12:54 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My mind turns to the Red Sox doing what they did to Rivera and the Yanks. I'd say that all things considered, for the Cubs to come back and take this isn't anywhere near as much of a long shot as that was.

It's gonna happen. I think they'll actually be better off away from Wrigley.

--------------------

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#9027570 - 10/04/08 08:45 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your optimism is sickening. The Cubs are fucking done, and I'd put my life on it. Every team that is up 2-0 is going to the championship series, quit being so unrealistic.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Edited by robbyberto (10/04/08 02:51 PM)

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

#9027671 - 10/04/08 09:39 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Don't mind me. I'm only bitter because the Braves were pegged to be in the world series, and they sucked ass.

--------------------

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#9027797 - 10/04/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm trying to talk myself into the Sox winning too. It's slightly easier for me to do since they are going home for 2 and they play very well there but then they would still have to win one in the dome. Dome stadiums this year they have been pathetic.  They got swept in Toronto's dome. They won 1 out of 9 times in Minnesota and I think they got swept in the regular season in Tampa Bay. So it's not looking good.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Cubs vs. Dodgers [Re: Deadmaker]
    #9027957 - 10/04/08 11:16 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

So I'm usually driving quite a bit for work and I listen to Chicago sports radio almost all day.  They were talking about the "Blackout" at the Cell tomorrow, where they want all the fans to wear all black like they did in the one-game playoff.

Some guy called in all livid, thinking it was a "Blacks Out" day and that the Sox were trying to get all the White fans to come out and support the team instead of the Black fans.

White Sox fans are so incredibly stupid.

Oh, and Ozzy was on yesterday morning saying that he wants to write a book about this season and call it "How The Fuck Are We In First Place: The 2008 White Sox"

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #9028958 - 10/04/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Hahahaha

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale