Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The 'Wear you Down' Fallacy
    #7430928 -

This is where a believer will give numerous links or arguments; many of them redundant.

After debunking the first five, the believer will say smugly to the skpetic, as you didn't debunk the other 893 links, I am declaring a victory.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 'Wear you Down' Fallacy [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7430946 -

Prejudism towards those of different beliefs from you is no worse than prejudism towards skin color.

We are not our bodies. We are not our beliefs, or our judgements. We are a collective body of thought, conciousness, and self-awareness. Realize that judging someone on one characteristic is like judging an artists skill by only looking at his ability to color.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
The I'm An Authority Fallacy [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7431471 -

The I'm An Authority Fallacy arises when a poster bears witness to the Wear You Down Fallacy, which is usually addressed to the poster, and "debunks" it by making a general statement that the sources cited have been disproven, but doesn't actually provide any information or substance to back up their claim. The exchange of these fallacies do nothing to further philosophical/spiritual discussion.

We won't even mention the Observe Some Aspect Of Another User's Posting Behavior And Create A New Thread To Highlight It And Perpetuate A False Dichotomy Within The Forum fallacy. :lol:

This thread does not outline a new philosophical/spiritual topic for discussion. If another user, in the course of discussion, utilizes a fallacy to support their viewpoint, then, by all means, call them on it in that thread. Doing so is perfectly acceptable and appropriate. Discussion of fallacies regard moreso the manner in which philosophical/spiritual discussion is carried out, and not a philosophical/spiritual topic in itself. If there is interest, perhaps Diploid would allow us to unlock The Fallacies Of Philosophical Debate for discussion of fallacies in and of themselves, in the interest in encouraging more effective discussion.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 'Wear you Down' Fallacy [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7431473 -

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
See above.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Philosophical Fallacies spud 3,089 16 05/13/04 02:12 AM
by Jellric
* Criss Angel debunks Tarot & Astrology
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 13,893 37 08/04/07 08:59 AM
by Rhizoid
* "Ghost" Lighthouse Debunked
( 1 2 3 all )
Swami 4,268 53 10/11/04 01:37 PM
by TheShroomHermit
* Debunkism as a Lifestyle
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 4,763 42 09/23/05 12:12 AM
by fireworks_god
* The fallacy of skepticism
( 1 2 3 all )
Economist 4,875 43 07/20/07 03:52 PM
by figgusfiddus
* Please debunk this chemtrail documentary for me
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
ChiefGreenLeaf 22,503 364 07/15/09 10:39 AM
by Arden
* The Fallacy of Misunderstood Fallacies
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Silversoul 3,433 64 07/16/09 07:41 PM
by daytripper23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,218 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.