Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7236209 - 07/29/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EternalCowabunga said:
We are different than animals because we take, take, take much more than we need or deserve, even from our own species. This is what seperates us from the animals and what we call evil. Living a simple life, taking very little and giving yourself away freely is a good way to not be evil IMO.

What separates us from animals is the fact that we're being able to control and manipulate our surroundings better that them.
If animals has hands and could talk, I don't think there would be that much of a difference in my opinion.

Quote:

shakercee said:
I don't think comparing human existence with how animals live is the right way to go about it. If animals take the path that humans have walked and achieved consciousness, they would have turned out the same, both good and bad.

I don;t think that we can determine what level of consciousness animals do have.
From my own observarions, animals can have a very high level of awareness.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. *DELETED* [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7236212 - 07/29/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by shakercee

Reason for deletion: No

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: shakercee]
    #7236231 - 07/29/07 11:22 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Well what I was referring to is that they show clear signs of reasoning.
Of being able to use logic in order to get something accomplished.
So they have the ability to create a plan. (as being composed as a series of actions, all playing their role in getting them closer to what they want).

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: shakercee]
    #7236240 - 07/29/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If animals could talk..

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
- Indian Armed Forces

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. *DELETED* [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7236264 - 07/29/07 11:46 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by shakercee

Reason for deletion: No

--------------------

- Indian Armed Forces

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7236269 - 07/29/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

That's so cool! :bongload:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #7236287 - 07/29/07 11:56 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:
Animal behaviorists have proved that chimps are highly intelligent, cooperative, have family bonds, mourn death, medicate themselves, struggle for power and wage war.

We share these character traits because chimp brain and the human brain both evolved from the same brain-that of our common ape ancestor. We have separated from the chimps and gone our way, but there is ancestral residue.

I wonder when will the chimps wake up from their slumber, will there be a greater consciousness breakthrough?  It is really fascinating.

Why not feed them shrooms and speed up their evolutionary process? :hehehe: :jester:

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: Sinbad]
    #7236293 - 07/29/07 12:00 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Or DMT..only wouldn't want to be around when they throw up.

--------------------

- Indian Armed Forces

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7236333 - 07/29/07 12:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakercee said:
Quote:

From my own observarions, animals can have a very high level of awareness.

hmmm..like knowing when the ground is going to rock!!!

hey gee you just reminded me that i dreamed today of being in a massive massive earthquake.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: leery11]
    #7236363 - 07/29/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I pray u didn't have that dream in the early morning, coz there is an indian belief that dreams in the early hours have a tendency to turn to be true..well :shrug: i have dreams of making out with a gorgeous woman..nope..:rolleyes: damn.

--------------------

- Indian Armed Forces

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7236410 - 07/29/07 12:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

the Tibetans say that until the ego is quite subdued it is hard to distinguish true dreams from ego projections.

for instance waiting waiting waiting for my salvia plant, finally i was sleeping and saw a package in the mailbox

i *knew* it was there, and it was

but, ya know, hey i don't give this one much stock. i dreamed i was playing an invisible clarinet so, will i find an invisible clarinet today ? I hope so.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7237389 - 07/29/07 06:52 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder when will the chimps wake up from their slumber, will there be a greater consciousness breakthrough? It is really fascinating.

Like Planet of the Apes.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: leery11]
    #7239423 - 07/30/07 09:38 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
indeed redgreen, alcohol is a nasty woe.

Quote:

Rahz said:
I'll take a guess and say that the consciousness that separates us from animals came about at the same time the trouble started. Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, and became ashamed. Wouldn't that tree be the consciousness we find so desirable?

well, if so then their eating could not have been bad

it is the Christ consciousness.

I've been reading some Gnostic literature, and apparently you were correct (from a Gnostic viewpoint) in your original post. The Tree of Life was the tree Adam and Eve ate from in Eden. This tree produced conscious awareness. So there was a timespan between when humans awoke and when things went "south" (ate from the other tree).

Any Gnostics willing to shed some light on the two trees and the basic difference between them?

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: Rahz]
    #7239525 - 07/30/07 10:25 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

my take was that knowledge of good and evil produces disharmony with the tao.
:yinyang:
they were pure until they began to judge and discriminate and split everything in two?

psychedelics often bring the two together as one rather than keep one enspelled in dualistic black and white thinking.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Persistent Sustainment of Psychedelic Consciousness 2 aspects, culture and ethics. [Re: Rahz]
    #7239559 - 07/30/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

It was The Tree of the Knowledge [read, gnosis] of Good and Evil that the Primal (mythic) Parents ate from. The part of God, from several Gnostic perspectives, was the anthropomorphized Demiurge, who could could 'walk in the garden in the cool of the morning,' and who said that Adam and Eve would "surely die" if they took fruit from the Tree of Knowledge.

In several versions, particularly Ophite Gnostics (ophis is 'serpent' in Greek), and among the Ophites, the Naasenes (misnamed by Hippolytus, a Church Father thinking wrongly, that 'naas was Hebrew for serpent), the serpent was actually written 'shining one,' and told the Primal Parents that they would NOT die, thus helping them to break the spiritual bondage that the Demiurgic Creator held them with. The fruit from the Tree of Life, which was presided over by the Deity seems to be polytheistic, possibly because the Hebrews inherited the Genesis account from Polytheistic peoples:

"AND the Lord God said, Behold, the man has become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever:
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken." - Genesis 3:22-23

The name Adam means 'earth,' and one of the senses in which Adam and Eve would die is in:

"And the eyes of them both were opened." - Genesis 3:7

The Jungian Edward Edinger, in his book Ego and Archetype described the entire sequence as the separation-individuation of the human being from unconsciousness to self-consciousness. Their "eyes" were symbolic here for their 'I' or ego consciousness. They saw themselves not as one being which they were, as pointed out in the second Genesis account - Genesis 5:1-2:

"This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created."

Suddenly, their unconscious sense of oneness is shattered, thus beginning humanity's need to re-establish conscious comm[union] with God, which the Gnostics called The Pleroma (Greek for 'Fulness'). Separation from Eden (The Great Mother, the Creatrix or Womb of unconsciousness), entailing great struggle (not only for toil and giving birth, but a 'life is suffering' motif ensues, requiring our need for a Savior or Redeemer to show us how to transcend the pain of our alienation (the price for self-conscious awareness). Hence the Gnostic Redeemer, often Christ but not always, to bring us Light in the Way of Knowledge [Gnosis].

Now in Kabbalism, which Gershom Scholem the Kabbalist scholar called "Jewish Gnosticism," the glyph for the Tree of Life has the 'non-sephiroth' of 'Da'at' -Gnosis - is found in the Abyss between the Ethical Triangle and The Divine. (This was The Abyss that Aleister Crowley had claimed to have crossed, after fighting with the protector demon Choronzon). At any rate, the Cross of Christ, symbolizing self-sacrifice, becomes the means for attaining Eternal Life and is consequently often referred to as The Tree of Life.

I recommend the book Adam, Eve and the Serpent by Elaine Pagels for anyone interested in these things.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds