Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: the hippy diet [Re: keystonelight]
    #7233423 -

I'm in love with Flaxseed bread at the moment.  Whole grain pastas, mushrooms, Fresh herbs if you have the space to grow them.  Fresh fruit and vegetables.  I you're not big on breakfast you can get some frozen yogurt, some bananas and whatever other fruit you like and make smoothies.  Kashi makes whole grain waffles and there are organic syrups out there if you aren't ready to give up the sugar :wink:

Try to stay away from things that have a really long shelf life (except homemade preserves of course) and "enriched" products.  They may have an impressive list of vitamins and minerals, but most of the time your body doesn't absorb them as well as just eating the original unbleached version. 

Another good thing, if you can pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't eat it.

:shineon:


--------------------
Don't dream it;be it
===================================

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: keystonelight]
    #7233427 -

Whenver you get a craving for crap, eat an apple


Trust me on this one


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: younikrawn]
    #7233467 -

younikrawn said:
Another good thing, if you can pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't eat it.



I subscribe to the rule of 5

if there's more than 5 ingredients, you dont really need it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: keystonelight]
    #7233484 -

Righty ho. What you want is carrots, houmous, pita bread, bean sprouts, tofu, spring onions, brocolli, onions, garlic, tomatoes, sweet corn, baby corn, flour, eggs and brown sugar. That pretty much sets you up for nice stir fries (making a sweet and sour sauce or a curry sauce is pretty easy) and easy, healthy snacks (pita bread, carrots and houmous).

Making your own pizzas is also pretty fun and tasty, but it doesn't give you any protein. Learn to make your own tomato sauce if you can't already (tinned tomato, tomato puree, onion and garlic are all you really need) and use that for pizza and pasta dishes. Assuming you're not a vegetarian, moderate your meat intake but make sure you get enough protein.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7233539 -

EllisDSox said:
Making your own pizzas is also pretty fun and tasty, but it doesn't give you any protein.



You do know that cheese is a good source of protein? Not as efficient as meat, but it carries some to the table. The bread would as well.

But loading some nice lean meat on there would definately make a SORTA healthy pizza.


--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: Chazzersize]
    #7233569 -

Yeah, that was an exaggeration, but pizza really doesn't provide you with too much that your body actually needs. It's still fun to cook, relatively healthy and tastes good, though.


--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7233692 -

Yeah, you keep the cheese low fat, whole wheat dough...throw some sundried tomatoes on that sucker and you have something thats TEN TIMES healthier than any pizza you could ever have delivered.


--------------------
Take off my mask and leave the lies to the liars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: Chazzersize]
    #7233854 -

I haven't been eating too well recently, but I've had a few revelations about healthy eating. If you take a step back and look at an average American, they're hopelessly addicted to processed fats, sugars, and salts. Eating healthily really does make you feel better.


--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: the hippy diet [Re: aDoS]
    #7233996 -

aDoS said:
I don't really watch what I eat. I eat quite a bit too. I dunno I really like food. I would change my eating habits if I knew I was getting something out of it. Does eating "healthy" make you more happy overall? I really don't give a shit about good health, we will die eventually, then what will good health get me?



You feel healthier, you have more energy, you poop easier :P
Its nice when you finish a 'healthy' meal and you feel really satisfied and energized after it.

I find often, if I eat something like say, a greasy hamburger - after I eat it, I feel bloaty, fat, greasy, and my energy level goes down. I may feel full, but I dont feel satisfied. (Mind you, I'll still indulge in a burger now and then just because they taste good :wink:)

But, if I eat say - a big plate of rice, with chicken, peppers, basil, onions, peanuts, spice, etc - I feel full AND satisfied, and I feel a bit more 'energetic' after and just feel better after eating it.

And, not to delve into too much TMI - but since I've made it a point to get more fiber into my diet, hrmm, I'll just say that it helps, lots - my morning trip to the bathroom is over in a matter of seconds instead of minutes.

Also, my skin looks healthier. So yes, what you put into your body does affect how you look / feel / energy and over all health. Yes, we all end up dead - but why not try and take care of yourself so you feel good until the end?

Generally speaking, I still eat what I want, when I want - but I just tend to make healtheir choices in general, and find that I feel better overall than I used to when I used to eat nothing but crap.

And, as your body 'adjusts' to eating healthier, you tend to crave healthier things also. Now if I'm craving sweets - I'll go for fruit instead of say a mars bar (more often than not, now and then I do just want a mars bar). Not only is it satisfying the sweet-tooth craving, its healthier for you, and I tend to get a little boost of energy after.

Edited by kaniz (07/28/07 03:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* emo, hippie, or other?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
frostbitten 5,655 72 04/21/07 07:53 PM
by serendipitythenot
* Bill Graham drops acid
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 10,232 50 01/07/05 04:14 PM
by Hooty
* Your reasons for hippie hatred
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
HyphalTryptamin 9,519 111 04/26/06 09:04 AM
by BatCountry
* Trippin TEDDY in JAIL( i call him my Teddy graham... you know like the cookie)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
KristiMidocean 11,391 104 12/16/06 10:07 AM
by Banez
* As if you hippies didnt know already
( 1 2 all )
Psilocybeingzz 1,375 20 03/19/05 09:46 AM
by Learyfan
* Graham Nash - "We Can Change The World" (mp3) LearyfanS 698 3 11/16/05 11:42 PM
by Learyfan
* My Cheese Popcorn Phychotron 1,221 5 05/15/05 02:17 PM
by Phychotron
* Diet Sun Drop LearyfanS 1,408 7 04/18/05 10:35 PM
by Hooty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,261 topic views. 2 members, 26 guests and 163 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 17 queries.