Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
As if you hippies didnt know already
    #3872112 -

...............................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................

If you dont know, I might as well tell you, but I hope this hasent been posted already.

Quote:
Greatful Dead movie (4 hours) on PBS, March 19th...



Something to be watched and recorded....

Saturday March 19th 2005...

9 pm - 1am Grateful Dead Movie
Thirty years ago in 1974, the band The Grateful Dead decided to take a break from playing together. Knowing that this might be the close of an era, they filmed five consecutive concert nights in San Francisco at Bill Graham's Winterland Arena. This ambitious two hour and fifteen minute project, complete with trippy animation, came to be known as THE GRATEFUL DEAD MOVIE. The director and crew captured the concert, interviews and backstage camaraderie with seven cameras. On the final night the band invited former Grateful Dead drummer, Mickey Hart, to join them on stage. Jerry Garcia then spent two and a half years editing this "love letter to Dead Heads." The film was originally released in 1977. This historical and musical journey of The Grateful Dead has now been painstakingly restored in its original widescreen version and remixed in stereo surround sound. Closed Captioned. In Stereo. Rated TV14.





--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3872123 -

Thanks man, I didn't know about it.  I'm going to make a mental note to tape this. 

:thumbup: :thumbup:





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3872131 -

No problem thats why I posted it.

Its the least I could do for you after you impressed me countless times with the content you post.

Seriously, learyfan, your topnotch :thumbup:

Keep it up. :smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3872142 -

:cool:






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3872145 -

word.

and.. the pics... the pics~~


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Merkin]
    #3872155 -

You guys are nice. For that, you deserve a short Jerry Garcia video to watch........ Click here!




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3872160 -

This movie is good stuff, I bought the VHS off of half.com years ago, it's about time to upgrade to the DVD. You guys won't be dissapointed, lots of good band footage, on and off stage. Also lots of fan footage, all good stuff.

And thanks for the link!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3872163 -

heheeh :laugh: :sun: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Adom]
    #3872194 -

Yeah if it's "the grateful dead movie" I bought the vhs a long while ago too, very cool you guys will love it. They play it on public tv a bit too.


--------------------


Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.
         
I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: gdman]
    #3873452 -

Quote:
They play it on public tv a bit too.



Quote:
Greatful Dead movie (4 hours) on PBS, March 19th...



Something to be watched and recorded....

Saturday March 19th 2005...

9 pm - 1am Grateful Dead Movie
Thirty years ago in 1974, the band The Grateful Dead decided to take a break from playing together. Knowing that this might be the close of an era, they filmed five consecutive concert nights in San Francisco at Bill Graham's Winterland Arena. This ambitious two hour and fifteen minute project, complete with trippy animation, came to be known as THE GRATEFUL DEAD MOVIE. The director and crew captured the concert, interviews and backstage camaraderie with seven cameras. On the final night the band invited former Grateful Dead drummer, Mickey Hart, to join them on stage. Jerry Garcia then spent two and a half years editing this "love letter to Dead Heads." The film was originally released in 1977. This historical and musical journey of The Grateful Dead has now been painstakingly restored in its original widescreen version and remixed in stereo surround sound. Closed Captioned. In Stereo. Rated TV14.





Bump  :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3938995 -

Bump! They're playing it tonight. I've never seen it. I'll be taping it.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3939000 -

:thumbup:..5..  :mushroom2:  ..for reminding us!


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: vinsue]
    #3939008 -

Enjoy it!  I know I will.  :cool:





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3939032 -

:tongue2:


--------------------
:royalrainbow:I love rolling... my Katamari!!!:royalrainbow:

Edited by FleaAccela (03/19/05 06:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3939058 -

:confused: :confused:...Not in New Jersey ??   :mad: The Grateful Dead Movie on Public Television
March 2005... 
KCTS-9 Seattle, WA  Fri., March 18 9:30 PM 
KTWU-11 Topeka, KS  Sat., March 19 7:30 PM   
Vermont Statewide Public Television Sat., March 19 9:00PM 
WETA-26 Washington, DC  Sat., March 19 10:30 PM 
WPTV Wisconsin Sat., March 19 9:00 PM 
NPTV North Carolina Wed., March 23 8:00 PM
?????


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3939061 -

I watched it last night.

It was pretty good.

:smile:


--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!


Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Roadkill]
    #3939068 -

I hope I don't miss it.  I've seen three different listings of when it will be played in my area, 9:00,10:30 and 11:00.  :confused:




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3939080 -

Man, I remember going to see that movie down in mid town when it came out!

It was an event to be remembered!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Ripple]
    #3939087 -

Tell us about that time, Rip.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: As if you hippies didnt know already [Re: Learyfan]
    #3939099 -

Well the scene was just so wild, usually these classy theaters down in mid town Manhattan would be premiering movies that catered to a very different crowd if you know what I mean!

But here we were in our tie dyed shirts tripping balls, meeting up with friends from the latest tour in the lobby of this giant movie theater.

The people who worked there had no idea what they were seeing, we took them totally by surprise!

Outside the usual vendors had gathered selling the usual wares.......but we were going to see a movie......not a show.

:cool:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* emo, hippie, or other?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
frostbitten 5,655 72 04/21/07 07:53 PM
by serendipitythenot
* What exactly is a hippie?
( 1 2 all )
StrandedVoyager 13,124 36 07/13/09 01:55 PM
by Fisherman
* Bill Graham drops acid
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 10,232 50 01/07/05 04:14 PM
by Hooty
* the hippy diet
( 1 2 all )
keystonelight 2,261 28 07/28/07 03:06 PM
by kaniz
* The Hippy Cafe, London Ontario (My Video) Irradiated_Feces 1,820 7 07/08/05 07:12 AM
by drtyfrnk
* .
( 1 2 all )
AnonymousRabbit 3,367 26 12/27/08 09:49 PM
by Ferris
* Wal-Mart Tries to go Hippie
( 1 2 all )
schmutzen 5,412 25 02/01/07 06:37 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Global Marijuana March - May 7
( 1 2 3 all )
trendalM 6,742 55 03/23/06 02:09 PM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,375 topic views. 2 members, 152 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.