Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My Dogs Leg is Fucked
    #7151451 -

Last week my dog ran off an showed up days later with horrid lacerations on his rear leg. It swelled to 3 times it's regular size and he was taken to the vet. The swelling has gone down but a lot of his leg has turned black and the doc says there is substantial nerve damage. We've been nurturing him hoping we can salvage his leg.

I just found out hes going to lose his leg because it is cold and is not receiving any blood.

Please send good vibes, thoughts, prayers, his way.


--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7151509 -

Awwwww  :heart:

What kind of dog is he?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7151515 -

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but he'll still be able to get around just fine. I know it's hard on you, but luckily animals get over this kind of shit pretty easily.

Just be thankful that he's still alive.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7151642 -

A purebred yellow lab



--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #7151697 -

HagbardCeline said:
I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but he'll still be able to get around just fine. I know it's hard on you, but luckily animals get over this kind of shit pretty easily.

Just be thankful that he's still alive.



Of course I'm thankful he's still alive. I know he could have been unable to free himself from the wire and died.

I'm scarred he may not make it through the surgery and know hes going to be in a lot of pain for a long time to come. I'm worried that his mobility will be decreased and he won't be able to do the things he once loved to do. I was planning on moving to the mountains after I get my degree and knew he would love hiking in them with me, now I don't know if he'll be able to traverse them well enough. Its just sad to think about it.


--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7152223 -

Hmm. The description you gave of the leg being black sounds like gangrene.

This may sound crazy to you but one thing you can try herbal remedies.

"When you have a sick area, there's often a restriction of blood flow to that area. Blood flow is what takes nutrition and the healing properties of herbs to those cells. Blood flow is also what carries out and removes waste material. Cayenne pepper is like TNT. It blasts through all that blockage to get to that area which is sick, taking with it all the minerals and vitamins from the foods you eat, and all the vital chemicals from the herbs you take - all the way to the sick area."

http://www.healingdaily.com/detoxification-diet/cayenne.htm

Is it also useful in cases of frostbite. It seems to work by increasing blood flow to the affected area.

Marshmallow root is also said to be effective in these types of cases.

http://www.herballegacy.org/Gangrene.html

Also consider a carrot poultice:

"The Carrot Poultice is Good for Man or Beast: Traveling from our office in Evanston, Wyoming, a number of years ago, I had to go over to Woodruff on a house call, to a family that was very, very sick. They improved so rapidly and were so pleased with our program that it was with some reluctance and embarrassment that the man said to me "Would it insult you if we asked you something about an animal?" I said, "No, we're good for man or beast."

He said that he had a favorite horse outside that got tangled up in the barbed wire. "The vet was here yesterday and used the last ointments, salves and things that he knew about, and then he said there was only one thing more left to do, as the gangrene is setting in, so just shoot the horse." Well, this lovely animal was part of the family. They had quite a few children, and they still loved the horse, so he said "What can we do?"

So we went out and looked at the horse's leg. I said "All right, you have been taking carrot juice and you have some pulp there and a ton or so of carrots that you have brought in from your field, just grind up carrots and make a great big poultice and cover that horse's leg. That will do him good, and then give the horse all the carrots it can eat." Within seven days time that horse's leg was completely healed. The flesh was fully restored."

These things may not work but if it was my dog I'd certainly give it a try before going forward with something as serious as amputation.

I hope things work out for your dog. Of course whatever you do make sure you act quickly as the infection can spread quickly and be fatal if not treated.


--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (07/09/07 05:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7153728 -

:frown:  I'm sorry to hear that :frown:


--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: aDoS]
    #7154374 -

I love dogs. Tell him he has my good wishes. :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #7157725 -

HagbardCeline said:
I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but he'll still be able to get around just fine. I know it's hard on you, but luckily animals get over this kind of shit pretty easily.

Just be thankful that he's still alive.



quoted for truth my man.

i saw this video of a dog that had 2 legs left, on the same side! and he tore around like it was nothing, he totally adapted.

your dog will be fine, and once he/she gets through the pain of it, they will be right as rain and happy as a dog should be! i love labs! i wouldn't have any other dog!

...actually, husky/malamute mixes are damn damn cute and make for very interesting dogs.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: Syle]
    #7158277 -

hey man theres some cool dogs with only 3 legs



in the darkest hole, youd be well advised, not to plan my funeral fore the body dies..... yea.


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7159043 -

Any update on his condition?
.


--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7160517 -

Hey thanks for all the positive responses.

The operation was yesterday and was a success.  I got to see him yesterday but he was in a lot of pain so it was very sad, they have him on a fentynal patch which helps.  The doctor was able to amputate the leg while salvaging some below the hip.  The cut was made through the feemer bone leaving a little stub (at least he can still lift his stub when he pees :grin:).

I will be picking him up from the vet today.  I hope he is feeling less pain.

Thanks again everyone! 
:heart:


--------------------


Come on breakthrough with me...such wonders terrify the soul...it's real no need to question...knowledge infiltrates the host

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: Syle]
    #7160523 -

i love husky and malamutes, as well as the mixes.. they can be little shit heads at times tho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7160524 -

He's gonna have a stub?

You should build him a little doggy prosthesis...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7160526 -

also im really sorry to hear that, everything will be alright though as stated already animals get over this stuff rather quickly, i have seen plenty of animals with only three limbs and it doesn't affect them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: JackthaTripper]
    #7161181 -

Glad to hear your dogs alright!

I've met a couple happy 3 legged dogs in my life. I know a place that makes custom wheels .. Your dog prob doesnt need it but.. they make all sorts of wild setups so injured dogs can get around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My Dogs Leg is Fucked [Re: o9o]
    #7162055 -

aww, I'm glad he's alright. Like others have said, I've seen happy 3 legged dogs before who get around just fine. He'll back to his old self in no time.

I know that this is not the same, but, I have a horse who has only one eye. He's pretty cool, can still jump, doesn't even notice it missing(except for when he bangs his head on walls and stuff). Yay for handicapped animals! They're the cutest; it adds character!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fucked up hospital experience *Updated* Should I sue??? Bi0TeK 2,040 15 03/19/04 11:07 PM
by Bi0TeK
* some guy kicked my dog!!
( 1 2 all )
Atomisk 7,431 31 03/21/04 12:27 AM
by Taffy
* Some fucked up shit just went down. resin 2,682 15 08/14/03 03:31 AM
by Skikid16
* my dog Kremlin 803 6 04/17/04 05:18 AM
by Kremlin
* are dogs killed my cat today
( 1 2 all )
zero 5,285 20 05/07/03 11:12 PM
by zero
* The night before last night I had a fucked up dream! theshiftingwalls 1,280 16 09/08/03 10:22 AM
by mikey_
* My Dog was Killed Viaggio 1,051 8 07/05/04 02:11 AM
by Wysefool
* Observable Fuck-up.
( 1 2 all )
PDU 4,816 23 03/24/17 07:44 AM
by Thisisthehardest

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,084 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.