Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

My Dog was Killed
    #2843008 - 06/30/04 11:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

On Monday, June 28th 2004, my dog Toby, a yorki-poo terrier (undoubtedly the cutest, most loving creature on earth) was hit and killed by a speeding vehicle that drifted off the road. He just turned 3 years old on June 9th. I remember hearing the sound...like a glass bottle being crushed...everytime I think about it, I get so mad. The bastard didn't even stop.

I've never been so attached to an animal before. He was perfect. I'm so sad about this. I cried so much...and still do. I'm happy though that he had a porkchop for dinner and that we played for a long time the night before. But it's so surreal. Him not being here...no more walks, no more begging for food or belly rubs, no more cuddling, no more kisses... And he had this spot in my car he would stand on between the two front seats whenever I had errands to run. Everyone knew it as Toby's spot. I'm gonna miss him.

I took him to the local pet hospital for cremation. I also made a wooden cross with messages written on it and placed it into the ground where he was killed. My mom said that maybe my late Father was calling for Toby. I don't know. I can't ask why because I'll never know why. It just is.

Rest in peace, Toby. I love you.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: My Dog was Killed [Re: Viaggio]
    #2843033 - 06/30/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Good luck on processing the pain.  :heart:

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
    #2843152 - 06/30/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's amazing how attached we become to our pets. My family had a cat that was older than two of my sisters until some redneck let his dog out of the yard 4 years ago. Remember how much you loved Toby, and how much he loved you. I'm sorry he's gone.

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2843176 - 06/30/04 12:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear that viaggio.  :hug: Losing a pet is horrible because all they do is show unconditional love all the time and it's so hard to see something so innocent being robbed of it's life. :frown:

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: My Dog was Killed [Re: sykobish]
    #2843652 - 06/30/04 03:14 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Exactly, sykobish. Nothing but unonditional love all the time and complete innocense being robbed of it's life.

Thanks for everyone's support.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #2844590 - 06/30/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

my heart goes out to you. I lost my lovely little jack russel and it still hurts today. she was always with me. she to was run down but someone in a car. it really wasn't their fault since my little sweetheart had a bad habit of chasing cars whenever she got out of the house. I tried to keep her in but she would fing all kinds of ways to get out of the house. someday i will get another but not for a while.I stll have two other dogs but none will replace my little holly.

peace be with you my friend

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #2853257 - 07/03/04 05:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i am glad to hear you are finding a way to dead with this.

people bond so closely with animals [in my oppinion] because they are verry easy to understand. they make thier needs known more clearly then many people and there is no mistaking thier compassion and love. they seem so simple and then they constantly supprse you with thier complexty. dogs especialy have a way about expressing themselves that anybody who spends much time with them can't mistake. don't ever let anybody try to make less of it than you feel is apropriate.

i have lost a few dogs and every one of them has been as great a loss as any other friend.

i can offer my strength to you if you need it, i seem to keep finding more allong the way anyway.

good luck.

peace,
concrete.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: My Dog was Killed [Re: canid]
    #2857079 - 07/04/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Thank you  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2857929 - 07/05/04 04:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not so great with words in situations like these so:
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:hug:

and  :goodluck:

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being