Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #7010937 -

Whats the blue stuff? And are you reliably submerging your platters? A hard drive needs to be sealed from outside contaminants, I know they dont come from they factory completely isolated from the outside atmosphere because of pressure concerns but they are filtered.

Lol, never mind, I didnt notice the photoshop job at first glance

Edited by Gratos (06/05/07 06:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #7011004 -

External hard drive and a very powerful magnet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #7011737 -

I like the idea that was in one of Neal Stephenson's books. Basically the characters in the book had this special closet and built into the door frame (covertly, so no one else would know) were a series of powerful magnets. So if the feds came and seized the box, they'd unwittingly walk it out right through the magnets, wiping the entire system.


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: unbeliever]
    #7012262 -

If you want to delete EVERYTHING on your hard drive quickly then you can download a program that basically gives you an extra button on your computer near the start menu. then if you need to destroy your hard drive within 5 seconds you click the button and EVERYTHING on your hard drive gets destroyed 100%. :laugh: not to sure where to download the program from though.


--------------------
.::TOMO:..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Tomo]
    #7012308 -

With my twitchy finger and mousepad, I have a feeling I would delete everything within say....10 minutes of downloading that program.

My trick is to do all of my illegetimate activities using ig-pay atin-lay. Thus far it has worked, because the ig-pays aven't-hay ot-gay e-may et-yay


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Tomo]
    #7012336 -

Tomo said:
If you want to delete EVERYTHING on your hard drive quickly then you can download a program that basically gives you an extra button on your computer near the start menu. then if you need to destroy your hard drive within 5 seconds you click the button and EVERYTHING on your hard drive gets destroyed 100%. :laugh: not to sure where to download the program from though.



:rofl2:

Can it turn my 386 into a 486 using only software, too?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #7012346 -

Drill several holes into said hard drive...


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Dr_T]
    #7012388 -

Why would military come to a computer repair service when they specifically train people like that in the military. ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Toolbar]
    #7012432 -

how many geniuses have you met that enlisted in the military?


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: wwonka]
    #7012463 -

We blew a HDD up with a shotgun... Funny thing is that "normal" shotgun shells didn't do shit, even from 10 feet. They blew off the labels and some covers, but the platter remained sealed and intact.

Then, my gun loving buddy pulls out a "00" shell. I think it has "bigger balls" than normal buckshot, and THAT thing blew a clean 3 inch hole right through.

We found the platter, and you could see the indentations of about 6 balls... It was awesome.

Moral of the story... If using the Shotgun FDisk method, use "00" shells.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: wwonka]
    #7012486 -

wwonka said:
how many geniuses have you met that enlisted in the military?



The same ones that want a free Bachelor's Degree?

A broken clock is still correct twice a day.

I was in the military 6 years, in the Air Force. I'm no genius, but my IQ is 136.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: unbeliever]
    #7012501 -

To which Neal Stephenson book are you referring?

I loved Snow Crash, but I don't think that was in it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: idiotek]
    #7012520 -

myndreach- I can't use you...I've never met you!

I thought about joining the -insert armed forces division here- to get a free degree out of it. But right when I was most considering it, they called up my cousin. Who is nearing 40 years old, had fought in Desert Storm I and II already and was nearing retirement.

I said, if thats the kinda treatment I'm gonna get you can keep your GI Bill.


--------------------
PM me reading suggestions, I might just take you up on your offer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: idiotek]
    #7012655 -

idiotek said:
To which Neal Stephenson book are you referring?

I loved Snow Crash, but I don't think that was in it.



Cryptonomicon.


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: HB]
    #7012797 -

HB said:
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.


After reading that I'm amazed that no one else mentioned this. NUKE THE BASTARD!! Throw that fucker in the microwave and return to your computer when its done so it doesnt look like you've tampered with it. and if they don't have a warrant to commondear you computer reattach the wires when there not around.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: unbeliever]
    #7012997 -

unbeliever said:
idiotek said:
To which Neal Stephenson book are you referring? 

I loved Snow Crash, but I don't think that was in it.



Cryptonomicon.




Thanks!  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Idiot]
    #7013047 -

Idiot said:
HB said:
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.


After reading that I'm amazed that no one else mentioned this. NUKE THE BASTARD!! Throw that fucker in the microwave and return to your computer when its done so it doesnt look like you've tampered with it. and if they don't have a warrant to commondear you computer reattach the wires when there not around.



You ever put a CD or any kind of metal containing object in the microwave? Long story short: It hardly looks "untampered" when it's been in the microwave. I bet this would work well though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: Gumby]
    #7013073 -

We used to throw cds in a microwave for like 5 seconds at a time in our old dorm. They'd flash and leave a spiderweb pattern in the cd face.. it was cool and fun to watch, but it also stank to high heaven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: idiotek]
    #7013139 -

Exactly. If only I had a dollar for everytime I got stoned and showed someone that trick... I'd probably have like 10-15 dollars :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Destroying a hard drive for 100%. [Re: HB]
    #7013148 -

HB said:
ToiletDuk said:
A strong magnetic field close by will fuxxor up a HD so it can't be read.



how strong a magnet are we talking about? earth magnets, or something a little more reasonable?



MRI MAGNETS!!!


--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Windoze killed my hard drive DreaMaTrix 3,134 15 10/06/02 06:57 PM
by ShroominSpradl
* best program to convert video files to dvd format DeadPhan 1,201 7 04/10/05 10:12 PM
by oysterguy63
* Another Day Driving in Phoenix Divided_Sky 1,471 11 11/19/04 03:53 PM
by d33p
* Ripping a DVD with no dvd drive? Mushie_Man 683 6 01/11/05 11:58 AM
by funkymonk
* Need a program to make DVD covers... YouEnjoyMyself 997 14 01/28/14 04:00 AM
by cruelstone
* New Hard Drive Phychotron 1,692 18 06/02/04 11:16 PM
by notapillow
* Official Shroomery Shape-Up Program!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Delyrium 9,737 70 05/04/04 10:36 PM
by utopianglory
* Program for getting rid of spyware? Delyrium 1,511 17 02/18/04 02:06 AM
by scott2004bc

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,769 topic views. 3 members, 17 guests and 131 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.