Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Honey Liquid And A Spore Print?
    #69905 - 12/30/99 07:14 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Rob Stroud< why not do both? The Honey liquid idea is definitely worth doing. I use 1/4 tsp honey with 200 ml water and nuke it two min on high. Wish I knew who posted it origionally, from europe I believe, cause he made life much easier. Used to have success with malt/water solutions but found it a bit inconvenient to use. Honey/water is just so easy to work with! Do both and post if your honey mix catches and or passes the jars you use Shroom Wizards sporeprint tek on, honey water only takes a few days. After that you'll have boucoup mycillium water for inoculations. Shroom Wizards tek is a proven way to go for spore inoculation, but it should work quite well with mycilium as long as your careful about H2O content. Since you have sporeprint, try, comparisons might be interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #69907 - 12/30/99 11:47 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, you should use a bit of your print to start liquid medium growth, and use the rest for some other tek. Personally I haven't had much success with honey, but I have with molasses. You use a little more, but it grew, and I was happy. I have some honey solution growing next to some molasses solution, let me check on them.

Okay,
both show about equal signs of minimal growth, of course I haven't been able to tend to them as much as I should have, but theres more documentation on honey, so you should go with that. Good luck,

vivid

Anonymous

#69908 - 12/31/99 01:22 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I'll do the honey solution next monday or so, along with Shroom Wizards tek. I'll post my findings along with some rather grainy digital photos.

Rob Stroud

Anonymous

#69909 - 12/31/99 01:36 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hey RobStroud. With respect to adding H2O2 to your honey mixture. Mycelium can survive it easily, but it's my understanding it is deadly to spores. Good Luck with your tests...it will be interesting to see how your honey project turns out.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck