Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinecAmmAc
Zoooooomer
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Aust...
Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: geko127]
    #679232 - 06/15/02 03:22 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hey geko, by native trees, do you mean eucalyptus? (sp?) Coz we found some under a eucal. that looked similar to some pics i've seen on the net. If shrooms grow under other types of native trees, what r they?

God I'm gettin into this whole mushie thing - how much fun is it!?!

Getting into the great outdoors is good fun with a couple of mates, but finding drugs just makes it perfect!!!

Also, how do I become a member, or at least a newbie??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: cAmmAc]
    #679488 - 06/15/02 08:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ha ha ha ha Eucalyptus trees are native to Austraila and your chances of finding psyco active shrooms under eucaliptus tree arnt the best, Unless their is pine trees growing amoungst eucaliptus trees, then for some reason the mixture of pine and eucalipt mulsh on the ground just premote's good growing conditions for some and i say some psyco active shrooms.
I have found psyco active shrooms under eucaliptis trees, but they were growing in pine mulch.
But as for other psycvo active species and to what native trees grow in the same conditions your gana have to learn that your self and do it the hard way just like i did But in the end you will thank me for it.
And i dont mind gideing anyone, but i wont hold ya hand ether
Look at the way your talking, thats good posative thinking, If you keep heading down that path you will make a good shroom hunter in no time.

--------------------
LIFE IS A BITCH, AND THEN YOU MARRY ONE.

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #679498 - 06/15/02 08:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

When i first got into mush i couldnt work out whether it was the hunting or the mushroom experiences that made me appreciate nature and being in it the most. I think the mushrooms make you appreciate the grand scheme of the cosmos - and nature itself.
Ive fruited Subs off rose mulch and cardboard, so they can fruit off a variety of substrates - pine woodchips and fern mulch give the biggest fruits, off pine needles alone they only flush once per season and have lighter caps, off Eucalypta and other native mulches they can grow big and meaty too. And tend to have very dark caps

--------------------

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #681160 - 06/16/02 08:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I know exactly what you men bluemeanie, because when i found some Ps. Subaeruginosa at one patch and then i found what i belive to bee Ps, Australiana, They both had smiular caricaristics, Only diffrence between the two was the Australiana had a a copper brown at the center of the cap and got lighter towards the edges and its cap was around 4 to 6cm wide and the Subaeruginosa only had little caps ranging from 1.1/2cm to 2.1/2cm wide, and the caps were more brown in color.
Both were growing in a mixture of pine mulch but the Australiana had gum trees over hanging the garden with the pine mulch And it had gum tree remnints in it aswell, So there was a mixture of gum tree and pine tree mulch.

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Offlinetaz_devil
Stranger
Loc: hell
Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: Strange Daze]
    #681355 - 06/16/02 01:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Went for a bit of search around lilydale, east of melbourne on saturday, just stuck to the parks and ovals with nice mulch garden beds, did turn up any active shrooms. However the recent rain has promote shroom growth, there are heaps of orange-red caped shrooms about.

As an aside i was in Tasmania the week before but it was way to dry, but it rained when i was there so there should be heaps around now. Anyone who wants a few good locations in tassie just ask.

Offlineruskifile
droog

Loc: nowhere
Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: taz_devil]
    #681440 - 06/16/02 02:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

there are heaps of orange-red caped shrooms about.

well looks like those buggers are everywhere in Aus!

you mean like these?

with some rain down there you should have no problems.....best of luck!

--------------------
(zhukov in a previous life....)

2SER FM underground radio

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#682327 - 06/17/02 12:17 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Gday Tazzie - bad luck with being in tassie and it was too dry. Ive got a guy there looking for tasmaniana at the moment.
As for those red fuckers - this is a picture of the wavy capped subaeruginosa growing in my garden - note the very large red mushroom next to it! Not the clearest - sorry im a crap photographer - but am getting a digicam soon! The little guy is the psilocybe.

--------------------

Offlinetaz_devil
Stranger
Loc: hell
Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #682984 - 06/17/02 08:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yep they are the red ones Im talking about.

That wavy capped sub is just like the ones that popped up in my garden a few weeks ago, hopefully they will produce another flush soon, as my flatmate left them in the ground until the died. I explained that we could pick'em once they had dropped their spores but theres no telling some people....hahaha

OfflineThe_Mad_Maragan
tripper

Re: Melbourne Rocks For Hunting [Re: Strange Daze]
    #687356 - 06/19/02 12:00 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Hey fellow Aussies, I am a shroom fan and have been for about 4 seasons now! I live in Melbourne's western suburbs and have found (via word of mouth) a nice area with a few good patches about an hours drive from my home, I have been picking here for 3 seasons now!

I managed to pick about 150 shrooms on Friday 14th June and have used some "Dampsorb" calcium chloride from Bunnings to peform the drying process and hopefully retain as much potency as possible.

As far as Melbourne rock'n this season - I completely endorse this conclusion, considering last year seemed to be quite disappointing!

"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human." - Lateralus - TOOL

OfflinecAmmAc
Zoooooomer
Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Aust...
    #688785 - 06/20/02 02:10 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone interested in joining myself and a few friends for a hunt on Saturday? It's gonna b raining Thurs and Fri, so with any luck there'll be lotsa shrooies around for pickin! We'll be hunting in the eastern suburbs, about 45 mins from the city, so if anyone wants to meet up with us, PM me!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#689448 - 06/20/02 08:54 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Going out to Hurstbridge to do the same myself... Yeah, last season did suck, but i managed to find more weird varieties last year than this year...

--------------------

Offlinegeko127
Demolition Man
 User Gallery

#689538 - 06/20/02 11:11 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just a little sugestion cAmmAc, Bee carefull who ta talk to and orgainize shit with and stuff like that.
I just dont wany to see ya get in any shit because there are alot of sly mother fuckers out there these day, So just take thing's easy dude, one word MELLOW.

--------------------

BUT SUCH IS LIFE !

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies