Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
So I saw Tool tonight...
    #6870974 -

Went with a girl I know who ended up getting a ticket. Just smoked her out and then cruised to the show, hoping to run into someone with a free ticket or at the very least maybe chill outside and hear it.

Once she was getting in I decided to leave and that nothing was gonna happen, but then walked by the box office and saw people returning/refunding tickets (it was over a month postponed cuz of drummer's surgery). I went up and asked, $50 for a ticket so I charged it to the credit card and walked right in... long story short, amazing show, killer visuals, and a really good set list that was a mix of old/new. Played Rosetta Stoned and Wings for Marie, but then went back and played Pushit...amazing time.

Anyways just went and got drunk with friends after that, just wanted to share the good times. Peace


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6870978 -

Awesome dude glad you made it into the show, I will have seen them five times this year come B-roo. Ill see them there and twice before that I will have seen them here in FL. Earlier this year I saw them in NY, and NJ>


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6870981 -

Oh yeah they are headlining that festival huh? I missed having them at Coachella this year :tongue:


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6870982 -

Nope they are second up to the Police actually. I whish they were headlining it they deserve to be imo.. Either them or Ratdog should be headlining imo.


--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #6870993 -

No way? They arent headlining? Ill be damned


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6871114 -

nice man. do you have any pics? i've always wanted to see tool live.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6871135 -

OH MY FUCK YOU GOT PUSHIT !)(@*#)(*@#()ARGHHHHHHHHH so jeleous @()*#)@(* FUCK
i love tool so much i just wanna cry :~*(
so they played the pushit mellow version?


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: Merkin]
    #6871147 -

setlist:

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
schism
lost keys/rosetta stoned
Pushit (aenema version)
wings/10kdays
lateralus
vicarious
aenema


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6871221 -

i saw them at the verizon center in dc and it was fuckin awesome... BUT THEY DIDNT PLAY PUSHIT!! WHY!?!? besides that the setlist was the same, just in a different order.

it was cool cuz a friend of my sister was able to get my sister, her friend, my friend, and me box seats!! it was so loud and sexy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: TravILLer]
    #6871591 -

Nice, I'm going to see them on the 15th and at Bonnaroo; I'm exicted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6872089 -

WhiskeyClone said:
setlist:

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
schism
lost keys/rosetta stoned
Pushit (aenema version)
wings/10kdays
lateralus
vicarious
aenema



Correct. Very good set, yeah Pushit was the album version. The way he introduced it I thought it was gonna be the slow version but either way its a treat to see.

Maynard didn't talk a whole lot but my favorite part was:
Maynard: "How many of you rode down from LA tonight?"
Audience: *cheers*
Maynard: "Well, I hope yall realize you're in San Diego now, so hopefully you left all your Hollywood bullshit at the front door."


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6872105 -

Sweet dude! I've got tickets for the the Fort Worth show on the 16th. I can't wait!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6872168 -

I hope you burn in hell.  /goes to pout in the corner  :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: Cowgold]
    #6872172 -

Cowgold said:
I hope you burn in hell.  /goes to pout in the corner  :sad:




--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6872287 -

So they did play Rosetta Stoned? I thought they were leaving it out. Damn, sounds like you had a blast.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6872306 -

Sweet,

I saw Tool twice last year, the first being at Download Festival(U.K)

I prefered seeing them at an indoor venue though...

Great band, great visuals.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6872347 -

Lucky shit, rosetta stoned is awesome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6872479 -

I heard that they played Pushit. That's one of my favorite songs. I'm kinda hoping that they'll play it again while out here. I was stoked to hear that they played Swamp Song in Vegas(I think it was there). I FUCKING love that one as well.


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #6872898 -

Yeah I was pretty surprised to get both Rosetta Stoned and Pushit.

Desiree I hope they play Swamp Song for ya, my friend swears they played it for us at Coachella last year but my recollection is hazy between bein pretty high and gettin tossed around in the pit that seemed to open up around us... I fuckin hate mosh pits, thats why I'm SOOOOO glad this venue last night had seats

And for the rest of you that are seeing them soon, if its generally along the lines of what I got then ur gonna get an awesome set list as well as extremely vivid and psychedelic lights/visuals


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Edited by CUBErt (05/04/07 04:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So I saw Tool tonight... [Re: CUBErt]
    #6873070 -

Yea we got Swamp Song in Sydney Australia! they didn't play it in Melbourne though.no Pot either. :/


--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So I downloaded the new Tool Album... VoidOfsPg 936 15 04/19/06 03:17 AM
by I_was_the_walrus
* Smokin' Lots of Pot Lupuz 1,468 12 02/19/05 11:18 PM
by Lupuz
* So what do you think of myspace?
( 1 2 3 all )
BuddahKillah 5,227 55 03/01/06 02:42 PM
by MushmanTheManic
* Anyone else hate myspace?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wery67564 8,754 95 03/28/06 11:02 PM
by SneezingPenis
* the hottest chick on myspace
( 1 2 3 4 all )
KingOftheThing 4,776 68 05/24/06 03:09 AM
by JJ01769
* Im gonna Bang this Myspace chick
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Hitman203 5,773 65 06/13/06 07:16 AM
by PurpleKush
* hookin up on myspace
( 1 2 3 all )
eligal 4,246 40 01/25/06 10:36 PM
by RatherBeAlone13
* myspace? more like..... myGAYce
( 1 2 all )
PS_Cubes 2,126 37 01/31/05 11:21 AM
by nonoman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,708 topic views. 8 members, 5 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.