Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: How long can jars sit?
    #68551 - 12/14/99 06:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure of the exact answer. I do know that I left some of mine in the jars for 3 weeks, and when I cased them they produced fewer and smaller fruits. I don't know if it was something I did or what. I think that what happened is the substrate continued to use nutreint in the substrate, and when it came time to case, the mycelium didn't have much "ummph" left in it to produce lots large fruits. Anyway to half ass answer your question, jars can be left to sit a few weeks after it is 100% colonized. If you need to leave them longer, I would place them in a refridgerator or freezer, this will stop mycelium growth and preserve your cakes for future use. Mycelium can last years frozen, then be birthed and produce mushrooms 2 years later. Hope this helped? :smile:

The Lizard,

------------------
-------------------------
Lizard Kings can do anything.

[This message has been edited by Lizard King (edited December 14, 1999).]

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#68553 - 12/14/99 07:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've had fully colonized jars sitting in my closet for a month before I birthed them. I didn't have any room for all the jars I made so I let them sit till I was ready for them. I had no problems the one's I let sit for a month. I just birthed them as normal and I had shrooms in a week and a half. I wouldn't let it give you an ulcer. I had both PF and Equadors sitting for a month. I didn't really see reduced shroom flushes either.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

Anonymous

#68554 - 12/14/99 07:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I would not recommend the freezer. Freezing temperatures will greatly harm the mycelium. Use the refrigerator. Also, I'd place the colonized jars in a trashbag or something and seal it off with a twist tie or big knot. That's because in my experience refrigerator air is full of an unusually high number of mold spores (could just by _my_ refrigerator).

ShroomGod

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #68555 - 12/14/99 10:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I thought mycelium could survive frozen? I guess not. I was told you could freeze agar plates and take them out to thaw as you need them. Oh well, don't listen to me, like I said I'm not exactly sure what the hell I'm talkin about :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation