Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
Re: unattended cakes question
    #67645 - 12/06/99 02:07 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

mm yumm small the rotting mush and spores EVERYWHERE, i dont suggest it. they wil rott after thy realease all the spores covering everyhting aroun them

your gunna die in the end
anyways so what dus it really matter?

im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

#67647 - 12/06/99 02:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If you time it just right, you could case your cakes so that they will be in the mycelium re-growth stage while you're away, and will be pinning when you get back. That's what I'm going to try to do. I'm in the exact same situation as you, man. College dorms are pretty tricky to grow in.

#67648 - 12/06/99 02:11 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

P.S. if you find a better way, let me know too!

I took some shrooms,
they were good to me
but then my weed
fell into the sea

#67649 - 12/06/99 02:23 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

obviously this doesn't help you right now, but for future reference, my friends in similar situations time their growing around breaks like that. so they'd only start a new batch if there was at least 5 weeks until break, then start a new one upon arriving from break. The best way to do it it to do some semi-long term planning and have these things figured out before you are left with a week or less to come up with a solution....

but for your case right now, i'd say your best bet is if you've already birthed the cakes to get what you can (even if just pins) before you have to go and start over upon returning. that way at least you should have maybe enough for a small trip. If you haven't birthed you could either just wait until you get back to birth them (this would give the mycelium a chance to colonize the substrate, however i guess they'd probably dry out and die in that length of time. Or you could birth and try to set up some kind of casing that would be big enough so the mycelium would spend the time colonizing the casing and then pinning, but that is touch and go because if it gets contaminated you are screwed, and if it colonizes too quickly and there is no one to play with environmental controls.... just doesn't sound like it would work.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation