Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNatural2me
Bonafied Friar!

Pf tek newbie Q
    #672622 - 06/11/02 03:59 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

ok, i incoculated 3 jars yesterday to see if i could pull this off. this was the procedure.

I pooked 4 holes in each jar lid then added masking tape to the hole to let the ring and lid act as one. Then i mixed 1/2 verm, 1/4 BRF, and around 60 cc's (3 tablespoons and a teasppon of Dasani water) to the mixture for each jar. Then i placed tin foil over the lossly fitted lid and PC for 20 mins. While i was PCooking i sterialized the room with disinfectant and washed hands again. Then i inoculated the four holes half way down the side of the jar with the syringe when they were cool to the touch. tighted the lid and ring.. their now in my closest in a 75 degree enviroment.?? did i mess up anywhere?

--------------------
EvEryThInG In ThIs PoSt Is CoMpLeTlY A WoRk oF FiCtIoN AnD Is NoT To Be TaKeN SeRiOuSlY!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: Natural2me]
    #672627 - 06/11/02 04:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds good. Temp could go up to about 82 or so. They'll colononize at that temp, though, so dont worry. You'd have done well to sterilize the syringe needle with alcohol, too.

OfflineNatural2me
Bonafied Friar!

Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: ]
    #672631 - 06/11/02 04:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

oh ya, forgot to through that in.. i did that as well..! great.. that was my first time doing it so hopefully i get good results.. thanx man

--------------------
EvEryThInG In ThIs PoSt Is CoMpLeTlY A WoRk oF FiCtIoN AnD Is NoT To Be TaKeN SeRiOuSlY!!

Offlineshianggu
Loc: Asia
    #672638 - 06/11/02 04:16 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, it's a good idea to spray the room and keep your hands clean (is this where you inoculated too?). Did you put something over the vent pipe while the PC was cooling down? How long did you wait for the jars to cool down?

Also is 20 minutes enough? I'm not sure. I usually go for 45-1 hour with PF style.

One thing I've seen (especially with grain) is that you just can't be too careful about keeping your work environment clean. I've gotten lax a few times and inoculated in my study instead of a bathroom bleached down and got bacteria in my jars.

OfflineNatural2me
Bonafied Friar!

Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: shianggu]
    #672652 - 06/11/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, i sprayed the kitchen with disinfectant ( the kitchen is where i incoculated) and yes i put the cap on the top vent of the PC when it was cooling and i waited about 30 mins after PC and the were cool the touch.

--------------------

Offlineshianggu
Loc: Asia
    #672690 - 06/11/02 05:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well, things sound good then. The fun is about to begin . What strain is it btw?

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: shianggu]
    #672862 - 06/11/02 07:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

it sounds good, as long as you keep your sterlization good and clean, and you do what you are suppose to, you will see some meliculim starting in 3-5 days. just make sure to keep you hands clean, your equipment clean, and dont breath all over em (i wear a mask).
you can also use a microwave to sterlize your verm and what ever else you use too.
peace
rain

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #672879 - 06/11/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'd like to get in on this conversation....

Sterilization is very important. So I suggest (which AFOAF swears by) is latex gloves.

Go to you local pharmacy and ask them for a box. They're usually under $10 but they're so worth it.

Green mold is highly attributed by humans. Dead skin, hair, maybe an occassional finger nail or two:) These things are usually the culprit for green mold. If you wear gloves, I think you reduce your chances of getting hit with green mold. Now if you have long hair like myself, you may want to go for that "shek lunch lady" look and get a hair net!!!

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: Lana]
    #672889 - 06/11/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I'll glady share what I did to keep things sterile:

First...after pressure cooking my jars I simply let them stay in the PC over night on top of the stove. Then on the night of innoculation I wiped EVERY area where I'd be working down with Clorox Wipes. Then I sprayed the whole kitchen with Clorox anti-bacterial spray. I also made sure the central air was off so to keep drafts to a bare minimum.

I then wrapped a bandana over my hair, wore a face mask, put on a long-sleeved shirt and put on a pair of powder-free laytex gloves, tucking the sleeves into the gloves (just like a surgical apron would go into gloves)....I then sprayed my upper body (minus the faces naturally) with the anti-bacterial spray and clean-rubbed my gloves with rubbing alcohol. I had a candle burning to heat the syringe with the whole time, but above the area I was going to innoculate.

I then laid out another, fresh Clorox Wipe on the area of where I'd be innoculating and put my syringe on it (with syringe cap on). Then it was time to innoculate. I simply followed Anno's TEK and did one jar at a time. However, I did flame the needle tip between each jar. I didn't flame each time til the til glowed red however, just about 10 seconds in the flame each time. I then wiped the needle clean/cool with the clorox wipe. As soon as I finished innoculating one jar I'd put the cap back on the needle and rest the whole syringe only on the clorox wipe. Did that for all 10 jars.

Went to the incubator (which was already wiped clean with a Clorox Wipe the day before) sprayed the air all around it...opened it...placed the jars inside, then sprayed inside the incubator over the jars, and sprayed the underside of the lid and closed the incubator. The rest can be read up on my grow log elsewhere in this forum.

Whenever I do my daily checks on the incubator I still wear my surgical face mask and laytex gloves...but not the bandana/long sleeve shirt. Before I open the incubator I always turn the AC off...spray the areas around the incubator and then open up. Afterwards I always spray a little into the incubator and the underside of the lid to the incubator as well.

All 10 jars are still 100% contam-free and today is Day 12 of my grow. My 6 jars are at 100% colonized today with the remaining 4 all over 90%. Thank you Anno for a wonderful Tek.

My sterility methods might be anal...but they're working...and that's the goal.

Love & Light

Dr. Boppity LOLOLOLOLOL

OfflineNatural2me
Bonafied Friar!

Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: Boppity604]
    #673020 - 06/11/02 09:49 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks you guys for all your input. like i said this is my first time and all this input helps my methods.. thanx everyone

--------------------

OfflineGreyMatter
enthusiast

Loc: USA
    #673072 - 06/11/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Wear a cheap ass face mask! I swear by these!
SHIT! ........see, i swore, and i have one right by me

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: GreyMatter]
    #673095 - 06/11/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>> i waited about 30 mins after PC and the were cool the touch

I usually wait atleast six hours or else the heat will kill the spores. I've never seen jars cool down in 30 minutes. 20min at 15PSI is perfect...works like a charm.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #673120 - 06/11/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I don't sterilize much.. I had alot of trouble with that black pin mold int he pf jars.. but I learned to put tape on the fookers after quite a few failures. The way I see it is be sterile during innoculation.. Anno states that the oven tek doesn't work it actually works against you.. so get a glove box or a flow hood. After that I wash my hands before handling my jars.. occasionally I use a mask although I've been lazy lately.. then I have a fine mist spray bottle that I just douse around the jars and in the container they are incubating in with a water and bleach mixture. No contams so far!

I also find birdseed alot easier and faster than the PF tek.. I haven't even got any results from the PF tek.. waiting for them to pin in the jars.. although I have 12 birdseed jars going.. none are contamed.. and they take less than 2 weeks to fully colonize with the polyfill air exchange tek.

Anyways good luck.. if you fail try to pinpoint where you failed.. correct the problem next time and never give up!

OfflineShrewmdoom
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pf tek newbie Q [Re: GreyMatter]
    #24160062 - 03/13/17 08:30 PM (7 years, 16 days ago)

Hah.. That's too funny

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder