Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Re: Contaminated Casing
    #67182 - 12/01/99 06:27 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

When you remove that casing layer from the container you are likely to disturb the green mold perhaps leading to it dropping more its of its own spore type material. That is a risk though I guess if the mycellium is fully in control down below then you should be okay. The most important thing to realise here is if you do nothing then the green shit wins so you basically have nothing to lose.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #67184 - 12/01/99 09:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, you can try. I did it with a casing that got hit by cobweb mold. You might want to scrape the casing layer off, spray it down with h2o2, then just let it sit for a couple days and recover and maybe kill any spores that dropped onto the mycelium, then recase.

------------------
Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Anonymous

#67185 - 12/06/99 10:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well I tried. I scraped off the infected casing, sprayed down with h202 then let it recover for about two days. Then I applied a thin layer of casing. The next day there was a big patch of cobweb mold growing over half of the casing. I mean this shit was longggggggg. You could pick out individual strands at least four inches long!!!! boohoo :smile:

------------------
He who controls the spice, controls the universe....

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #67186 - 12/07/99 02:33 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Damn cobweb mold. It'll be the death of us. I feel for you, I'm fighting some right now.

------------------
Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation