Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Ryche's Equadorians [Re: Tyler Durden]
    #66960 - 01/04/00 08:15 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Heh, well, thats rather depressing, when i case my cakes im going to make sure to be sterile now.

Better luck next time guys,
Spellbin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGadget
addict

#66961 - 01/05/00 08:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

WHOOOO HOOOOO, The case is pinning!!!!!!!!!! I still may get at least one flush from it!!!!!!! :smile:

Oh yea, and the 3 cakes in the terrarium got little shroomies growing like mad all over them!!! :smile:

Life is good!

My "terrarium" is like really weak, its a Styrofoam cooler ($1.99), has 1 1/2" of perlite in the bottom and the lid is (blush) suran wrap held in place by super sticky hair removal wax, water based. (duct tape sucked) I peel back the plastic wrap and ventilate couple times a day. I'm really surprised its working :wink:

OfflineGadget
addict

#66962 - 01/06/00 10:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again, its day 41 since innoculation and I get to harves 4-5 shrooms of my first cakes. Which went from birthed to Harvest in 9 day!

Now the case isn't doing as well as I hoped, there is some confustion over wether or not to mist a Shroom Wizard case after pinning sets in. So I have opted to put the case in a $10 terrarium with inch or so of perlite in the bottom.

The problem seemed to me that the case was drying out, but advise is not to mist a pinning case.

I am also working on a time lapse animation of the case. So hopefully all will go well.

peace
/Gadget

OfflineMindQuester

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #66963 - 01/07/00 01:37 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Looking good Gadget!

I too am a little confused about misting the casings. The tek is pretty straight forward...mist 2-3 times daily. However, I believe I overdid it on mine. I'm taking Lizard king's advice and put them in a terrarium if I ever decide to do this again. That shroomazoid stuff has made me rethink posting results.

--------------------
My presence here, any of the words I read, or any of the words I write are for the specific purposes of researching a novel in progress.
There is a good Mindquester and a bad Mindquester.

OfflineGadget
addict

#66964 - 01/07/00 03:03 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

OH MY GOD, check this out. Wifey picked up a cheap 10 gallon glass terrarium for me this am.

So I laid 2" or so of Perlight in bottom mixed with maybe quart of water and little H2O2 and placed tray/case on top of it. Then greased the top with Vaseline and covered with suran wrap.

This image is only 2 frames, one taken right after terrarium was sealed and the second one 3 hours later.

[This message has been edited by Gadget (edited January 07, 2000).]

OfflineGadget
addict

#66965 - 01/08/00 12:19 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well today was a learning experiance.

Things I learned

#1 Cakes are MUCH easier and quicker than casings, for me at least.

#2 Green mold in casings sucks

#3 My case dried out like no tommorow, even after spending 24 hrs in High humidity terrarium.

A pic of the moment before "harvest"

Note the white/green overlay, Upon autopsy this stuf was stinky green. Also autopsy revealed entire case was bone dry. Dryer than the potting soil was when it came out of the bag. I misted my case 2-3 times daily, after about 5 days I gave up and put it terrarium, which helped shrooms that were growing, but did nothing for adding moisture to case.

After autopsy of case, I may have been able to salvage a couple chunks, which I put back in terrarium ontop of the perlight. Perhaps I will salvage some extra shrooms. I placed the remains of my beloved case in the flower garden. Who knows maybe it will live again some day :wink:

I also have an animated gif, covering the last 24hrs of the case, but its kinda large, 1.7 meg. If interested you can view it here. Its pretty neat IMO

http://members.theglobe.com/gadget69/end.gif

On the plus side I harvested one cake already and got 31g wet. The other 2 cakes are just about ready and should get another decent harvest, and maybe some more flushes after that :smile:

Harvest summary:
31g wet from 1 cake
15g wet from my sickly case (poor little guys, I'm sorry, I'll do better next time, promsie!)

Peace
/Gadget

[This message has been edited by Gadget (edited January 08, 2000).]

Anonymous

#66966 - 01/08/00 01:30 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Gadget you rock i love how you posted your pics, they are so helpful and encourageing...ive been looking at your stuff and its all good. I just started growing, too. I cased ALL my jars 5 days ago. I had a little mycelium growing...but then in one out of my three casings i saw the beginnings of the cobweb mold (ot ohh) i sprayed it down with h202. It seemed to have eliminated the cobweb mold...but the mycelium has also stoped growing..
I exposed the terrainium full of my three casings to light yesterday for 12 hours. I'm now starting the 12/12 cycle. No pins yet...but i still have hope.

well wish my casings luck..
(i kinda wish i would have stuck with growing strait off jars)

-peace-

------------------
"My only weakness is my thirst for knowledge."

OfflineGadget
addict

#66967 - 01/08/00 01:56 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks dude, I love your sig!

What type of case did you use? I don't think I will try the Shroom Wizard tek for a while. Thinking on the lines of something simple like Verm case.

And I'll probably start pasturizing/sterilizing casing...

Peace
/Gadget

Anonymous

#66968 - 01/08/00 02:03 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I used a plain verm case. 1/2 inch layer of verm...three crumbled cakes...3/4 inch layer of verm. And i stuck mine in a perulite terranium. i did three casings.

How much light did you give your case/cakes?

-peace-

------------------

OfflineGadget
addict

#66969 - 01/08/00 02:23 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well at first they got 12 hrs or so from flourscent lighting in room. However since I started filming on day 4 of case, they got 24*7 from 60watt bulb suspended from ceiling, about 3 ft abouve terrarium.

I just had a brainstorm, I take back what I said about the Shroom wizard case, I'm gonna try it again. My thought is that since my case was less than optimal (very dry) my shrooms could not defend themselves against the green nasty. So I think I will try one more time.

Good luck on your cases, keep us up to date on how they work out, very interested!

Peace

OfflineGadget
addict

#66972 - 01/08/00 10:41 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

The pre-trip jitters have me by the short ones right now. I've really enjoyed growing them, and I hope the fun part is just begining. I'm drying the shroom now, as the trip isn't scheduled for a couple weeks.

Next weekend I go Skydiving with my 80 year old grandparents, Their kids, and us grandkids. It will be all of our first time except my Grandfather who was a paratrooper. Thus my next free weekend isn't untill week from next.

I imagine my first trip I am going to go REAL light. Then baby step from there. I've never taken anything that has altered my perceptions of reality, and truthully it has me a little scared. Oh well, 1 day at a time.

Till then I'm just going to keep growing. Its very rewarding on its own. I just innoculated another 9 1/2 pints (6 B+ & 3 EQ) Sealed up my first spore print this AM.

Peace
/Gadget

OfflineMindQuester

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #66971 - 01/08/00 11:46 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Just be careful Gadget. I took 30-34 wet grams of my own harvesting. It was way too much. Not to say you would have the same experience. Strictly advising to consider the potency of fresh shrooms, especially on your first trip.

On another note, I am throughly impressed with your success. i am going to use your idea of the styrofoam cooler and perlite; that is if I ever decide to grow again.

Bravo!

--------------------
My presence here, any of the words I read, or any of the words I write are for the specific purposes of researching a novel in progress.
There is a good Mindquester and a bad Mindquester.

OfflineGadget
addict

#66970 - 01/09/00 10:04 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

HAPPPYYYY DANCE!!!!!!!!!

As you may know I birthed 3 cakes and placed them in simple styrofoam cooler with 2" of moist perlight on the bottom. Then placed bead of sticky stuff (hair removal wax, shrug, its was handy) on lip of styrofoam coller, then laid plastic wrap on top of this for a lid. That was 10 days ago

Yesterday I harvested 1 of the 3 cakes. The other 2 weren't ready yet. So I've been waiting to harvest last 2 till tops opened up enough to take a spore print from a couple. Well I looked in on them this evening and saw puple stuff EVERYWHERE :smile:

Anyway, I harvesed last 2 cakes this eve. took 2 caps and I am making spore prints from them. One print is on regular 3*5 card with glass on top. Second one is little different. I took one of the 1/2 pint jars, punched hole thru lid, inserted small nail and bent tip of nail to look like a fish hook. Then sterilized the thing in pressure cooker. I then took one of the caps and "hooked" it on the nail. Thus the cap is suspended from lid in a sealed jar. Should work....

Harvest summary, first flush:
Cake #1 31g Wet
Cake #2 47g Wet
Cake #3 53g Wet
Sickly case 15g Wet

SO, 52 days elapsed time, from licking stamp to 146g Wet shrooms! THANK YOU RYCHE!!!!!

Had I not screwed up my case I could have doubled that figure, plus I should still get a couple more flushes from cakes, and "Maybe" something from the remains of my case.

All that's left to do now is get a couple friends together, prepare our set and setting and experiance my FIRST trip!

Peace and love
/Gadget

Anonymous

#66973 - 01/09/00 11:44 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, just be careful on what you take, I remember the first time I took shrooms, they were supposedly reall potent, and I took 1/2 an 1/8, then waited like an hour, and I was feeling pretty happy, and good and everything, kinda' gigly. So I took the rest, and then in like 1/2 hour I was tripping pretty hard, but the end of my trip was really really confusing as fuck, too much to explain. I hope yours is pretty cool! You'll probly have a good time man!

------------------
-Jim Sh0e-

Anonymous

#66974 - 01/09/00 04:47 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Day 6 of casing...still no pins at all. I am giving 10 hours of light a day. Air out the terranium. Im doing it all......WHY WONT THEY PIN?!?!?!

Gadget, how long did it take for yours to pin?

-peace-

------------------

Anonymous

#66975 - 01/09/00 06:32 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Take 10 grams 1 hr before u go skydiving.

hehehehe, MUAHAHA! Don't forget to pull the cord though.

heh, im still imagining what that would be like.

Cya.
Spelly

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #66976 - 01/09/00 06:56 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Next weekend I go Skydiving with my 80 year old grandparents, Their kids, and us grandkids. It will be all of our first time except my Grandfather who was a paratrooper. Thus my next free weekend isn't untill week from next.

I hope that everybody will stay alive..I do not reccomend if your grands have any health or age problems...
But if you gonna do that tell us what happend

OfflineGadget
addict

#66977 - 01/10/00 08:34 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Guitar_Lord. Case had 6 days sealed up in the dark and then another 5 days to start pinning.

Spellbin :smile:

Crobih, Grandmother just got out of Kemo for colon cancer. She's doing real well, and this is something she has always wanted to do.. SHould be interestingm :wink:

Peace
/Gadget

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract