Goddmann that Reply To feature.
Anyone with half a brain can see this was meant for Zappa's previous post.
My apologies to the french socialists.
Quote: Zappaisgod said:
Nazis are in fact leftist. National Socialists, don't you know.
Calling yourselves something and practicing it are two totally different things, don't you know.. See; Democratic Peoples Republic of Korea, North.
I think if you compared the ideals of a socialist state to the realities of Nazi Germany, you might find a few discrepancies.
Quote: Your pessimism on the war is noted but dismissed (it is, after all, a digression). As to your debt panic, I believe zorbman actually provided me with all the support I needed for my assertion that the current debt is pretty average. If China holds all our paper it isn't us in the tough spot, it's them. They can't afford to let us sink. Not that they could bring that about anyway, but they sure don't want to be caught holding worthless paper. So, take a deep breath, chant Hari rama rama krishna 4,000 times and don't worry, be happy.
I think if you read even the first line of my post, I said I'm not worried that the war is going to bankrupt us. I am well aware that both us and China have each other in a situation of Mutually Assured Economic Destruction. I'm well aware our financial resources are so huge they could support military spending in multiples of what we spend now.
Quote: What that will hold is uncertain but it is almost definitely better than the old one. For us and them. Look at it as a construction job. The house was falling apart and needed fixing. It was a health hazard for the whole neighborhood. The first step is demolition. Then you build it back better. The chattering of nitwits who see the demolition as a step back and demand a stop work order are blinded by their myopia and, in this case, hatred of the architect which has been fueled by an incredibly ideological media. They no longer try to report the news, they try to make it.
W-O-W. First off, the country is in a worse state now than when Saddam ran it. Vicious or not, there was a central authority then. I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that the country is going to be in better shape when we leave in 2-4 years. The whole fucking place is going to be a cesspool.
I know that you happily disregard everything you see in the American media, and believe that somewhere behind some back-drops they use on set there is actually a wonderful Disney-esque Iraq ready to be unveiled to the public. I think the situation is probably actually worse than the media reports.
Yes, Iraq under Saddam was not a nice place. Go figure.
The whole fucking country is a JOKE. You are not going to accomplish shit there with those people. Eventually, you will have to realize this. Nobody in that region likes you, and killing a million Iraqi civilians is not going to make them MORE likely to let you keep a permanent base there. You honestly believe you can rebuild a whole country, with the tacit DIS-approval of a majority of the people from that country?
Good fucking luck, and I'm glad I'm not the one trying to do it.
Just stop getting MY friends killed for your pointless little pissing contest.
Quote: That would be "racked" up, but that's fine
Oh no! Its the grammar police. Stop that nonsense. (You misspelled misunderstand, BTW)
Quote: Nobody sold anybody a "bill of goods". At least not me. Neither I nor the BUsh administration should be held accountable for someone else's inability to undertsand a sentence. As a for instance, there is all this drama that Bush said Iraq was trying to build a nuke. Except that isn't what he said. I knew that wasn't what he said, but there seem to be a bunch of inarticulate and illiterate morons who continue to insist that that's what was said.
\
I did not know ostriches could type. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND. Are you really going to sit here and tell me nobody in the Bush administration said Saddam was trying to build a nuke? What? Because those exact words didnt come out of his mouth? You know full well that the ENTIRE administration said Saddam was seeking Yellow-Cake, Aluminum Tubes, Centrifuge equipment, etc etc etc.
You KNOW this. STOP trying to tell us it never happened.
Quote: Money well spent I say, if it had had the desired effect of convincing a bunch of vicious thugs that we were not going to tolerate their vile behavior and that they would cross us at their peril. Unfortunately, the chattering of nitwits and liars has somewhat negated that effort and to a certain sad extent proven the thugs right that we, as a nation, have no stomach for a fight. That's too bad. That's really too bad. Thanks.
So why not say that it in the first place? Is it because maybe the American people wouldnt have gone forward w/ a war based on your desire to see who's cock was bigger, your's or Al-Qaeda's?
Unfortunately, it seems all you've proven is that America will invade your country on false pretenses, destroy your Army handily, and then stand there for the next 5 years twiddling their thumbs while you destroy their 10 bajillion dollar tanks with $50 artillery shells.
-------------------- After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action. If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it. - Ernest Hemingway
If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it. In the law courts, in business, in government. There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent. -Cormac MacCarthy
He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God. - Aeschylus
Edited by Madtowntripper (03/11/07 02:27 PM)
|