Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?
    #6571954 - 02/15/07 06:48 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now?
Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It’s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.
• In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
• 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
• 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
• 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
• >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
• >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
• >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
This will all be followed by a caffeine crash in the next few hours. (As little as two if you’re a smoker.) But, hey, have another Coke, it’ll make you feel better.
Technorati Tags: coke, effects, pharmacology, soda, caffeine, sugar
*FYI: The Coke itself is not the enemy, here. It’s the dynamic combo of massive sugar doses combined with caffeine and phosphoric acid. Things which are found in almost all soda.

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: Sterile]
    #6572182 - 02/15/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.

Caffeine's glucagon-releasing effect is null in sugar-rich beverages. This effect has been sited mainly in coffee.
Your liver won't go from glycogen synthesis to gluconeogenesis in 20 minutes.

Quote:

Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.

it's also the physically same as eating any food, playing video games, and masturbating.

good post though, coke is a scary thing but oh it tastes so good.

I still preferr draught rootbeer.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #6572206 - 02/15/07 07:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i wouldn't say it gets you "high" by any stretch of the imagination though

its pretty weird the nastiness we take in just because its sold....

America seems to like to kill its people by diet and drugs.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (02/15/07 07:48 PM)

Offlineserendipitythenot
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? *DELETED* [Re: leery11]
    #6572305 - 02/15/07 08:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by niki420

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: serendipitythenot]
    #6572527 - 02/15/07 08:57 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i was doing so well, hadnt been drinking soda for almost 2 years straight, and now ive had soda almost everyday this week. oh how the mighty have fallen.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: kotik]
    #6572594 - 02/15/07 09:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I couldn't imagine drinking sodapop. It's gross.. I'll maybe have... 3 barqs rootbeers a year.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: PDU]
    #6572638 - 02/15/07 09:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

the only way to get off sugar is to prepare all of your own food. that's exactly what i havent been doing lately. this thread was a good reminder.. time to go back through sugar withdrawal.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblewazza
.22 silenced

#6572683 - 02/15/07 09:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i didnt know there was a recommended daily intake of sugar

its poison

Invisiblewazza
.22 silenced

Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: leery11]
    #6572698 - 02/15/07 09:43 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:

America seems to like to kill its people by diet and drugs.

i didnt know america was the only country that did that

i guess its better to die with a full stomach than to starve to death like in the east,don't you agree?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: wazza]
    #6572725 - 02/15/07 09:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Certainly. It would be nice if we stopped advertising the deadliest foods and lifestyles though.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblewazza
.22 silenced

Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: leery11]
    #6572805 - 02/15/07 10:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yep i agree

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: wazza]
    #6573728 - 02/16/07 05:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

nice reminder!
I've stopped drinking coke about two years ago and i can certainly tell the difference!
I'm very conscious of my daily water intake, i even managed to get my thirst back... my body tells me when to drink and i listen :grin:

i'm glad i got over that addiction, now i have to stop drinking coffe daily and i'll be even happier! (usually i drink 1 cup a day but sometimes it goes up to two or three... that has to stop)

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisiblewazza
.22 silenced

Re: What Happens To Your Body If You Drink A Coke Right Now? [Re: Simisu]
    #6573737 - 02/16/07 05:25 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:
i'm exactly the same as you man
i gave up coke and other softdrinks just over two years ago,first i went from coke to diet everything and now its just water

i drink about three litres of water a day but 2 of those are only water and the other is coffee unfortunately and when i only drink water it makes coffee seem like a luxury and that itself makes it even harder to give up
i havent eaten sugar for about a year and use that liquid sweetener in coffee instead

i don't have a coke belly anymore and if i do ever fall and eat a piece of cake or something which is really rare i feel sickly and fatigued the next day...poison i say!:grin:

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#6575337 - 02/16/07 05:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad that I stopped drinking soda too.

Every now and again I'll crave a coke. But after a few sips, I can't stand any more. And after the first sip, my teeth feel gritty as shit anyways.

I usually don't want any more soda for a good while after that. :smile:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale