Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
Damage to the astral body
    #3218473 - 10/05/04 03:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hi

I just thought i should share this extract, i got from reading "Thiaoouba" (free ebook download http://www.galactic-server.com/rune/thao.zip) as you all should know...

?Drugs, similarly, affect the psyche of the individual - not only do they ruin physical health, they also reverse1 the individual?s process of universal evolution. At the same time as they induce states of euphoria or artificial paradise, they are also directly attacking the Astral body. I will elaborate on this, for it is of great importance.

?The Astral body can only be harmed by two things: drugs and the vibrations occasioned by certain kinds of noise (discotheque). Considering only drugs, it must be understood that they have an influence that is totally against Nature. They ?remove? the Astral body to another sphere where it should not be. The Astral body should be either in a physical body or with its Higher Self, of which it is a part. When drugged, an individual?s Astral body is as though ?asleep? experiencing artificial sensations that completely distort his or her judgement. It is in the same situation as a physical body is during an important surgical operation. If you like, it?s like a tool that we bend or break by using it incorrectly or for a task for which it was not intended.

?According to the length of time that a person is under the influence of drugs, his or her Astral body is going to decline or, more exactly, it is going to become saturated with false data. ?Recovery? for the Astral body can take several lifetimes: for this reason, Michel, drugs should be avoided at all costs.?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: 3eyes]
    #3218540 - 10/05/04 04:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting...perhaps they are referring more to opiates and cocaine as opposed to hallucinogens? I have seen many very credible theories stating the exact opposite, that in fact hallucinogens have been critical to the evolution of consciousness and mankind.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3218563 - 10/05/04 04:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What is the astral body?

How do we know any of this is valid?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineHBS
Male

#3219253 - 10/05/04 07:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

too much religion and bias in that, zero evidence

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#3220375 - 10/05/04 11:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, I'd have to say that drugs (when used properly and in moderation) have helped me to become more in tune with my spiritual self. Anything and everything can damage you psychologically, and I think that any risks I'm taking now are worth it. Maybe I'm just seeing things wrong, who knows.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3220645 - 10/05/04 11:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

"Drugs" is an extremely general term, and I can't believe that Cocaine/weed/LSD/chocolate/caffeine/Aspirin/steroids all have the same effect on the astral body. To me this shows the author knows nothing about drugs and can't be trusted. Never mind this whole "astral body" thing which we don't even have to get into to discredit this excerpt.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: Phluck]
    #3220823 - 10/06/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
What is the astral body?

How do we know any of this is valid?

Good questions! Anyone care to enlighten us?

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3221206 - 10/06/04 01:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The astral body is like a wev of energy that we are all part of. Our computers are giving of energy, we do the earth does. We shaire it as well. The plants take the suns energy, we shoot sparks from our fingertips. To me it all makes sence.

Ones bad attitude effects a crowd, ones smile is contageus. Its the relation ship between all things a giving and a taking of these energies.

The astral body is this web that flows out from your body in a sence.

It is the universe, it is our essence, that life force.

we are in a sence gaining energy much like the plants do from the sun. What we use we give back in another form what we give we need to recieve all relationships are based on this giving and taking of energy. The way this energy flows threw our bodies can become abstructed by traumas on our phsychy.

There are seven levels of our energy field.

Etheric body,emotional body,mental body,astral body,etheric template, celestial body, and ketheric body.

The etheric body is what you feel as you, your body

The emotional body is how you preseve your self, the emotions with respect to self

the mental body is your rational mind

the astral body is the relationships you have with others

the etheric template is the DIVINE will within

the celestial body is the divine love and spritual extasy

and the ketheric body is pretty much divine love and serenity

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3221376 - 10/06/04 02:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm supposed to take this seriously because...

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

User Gallery

#3221410 - 10/06/04 02:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

cuz you would maybe stop to think about how people interact and maybe pay attention to the way you think and how your attitude effects others....  But you can take it any way you like.

Its a mater of the worlds energies our own energies that stick with us.  To learn about the interaction we have in the world you begin to see a bigger picture.  Old traumas in ones life have an everlasting effect on the individual which then bubble up and radiate out into the world. 
Correcting ones flow of energy and opening up this flow of energy puts one in a posetive flow of energy.  It opens up a tap to the vast web of energy of the universe. 

I dont know how to explain it in a way that would make it comprehendable.  I dont realy truely know eather.  All I know is that there is this peacfulness that comes with the letting go of the normal thought patterns, an overwelming presence to life a reverence to all which opens up when you rest your mind and let your third eye open to the universe.
im sleepy so my senteces seem to run on and dont stop n what not, my bad :sun:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3221432 - 10/06/04 02:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I mean the stuff like:

There are seven levels of our energy field.

Etheric body,emotional body,mental body,astral body,etheric template, celestial body, and ketheric body.

How was that figured out?

People's attitudes certainly affect one another, but claiming that this is caused by magical energies doesn't really have any basis. You can claim you've figured out the secrets to human psychology, and have a fancy story to go with it, but it doesn't mean you're right.

--------------------

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #3221446 - 10/06/04 03:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

werd. good to see you back phluck

User Gallery

#3221460 - 10/06/04 03:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

its not magical its science.  rub your socks and touch the door knob theres a reaction of energy, which power was focused by you. 

But to give an explination like what you ask is out of my reach for I dont know how to explain, much of it may be mystic insights with no basis then the energy it took to think it. 

Well lets see The sun radiates its energy threw space.  Stars are doing the same.  All vibrating at there own frequencies.  We vibrate at our own frequncy also. 

The thing is we atract vibrations of the same or close to same frequncy.  We have the ability to lets say tune in out tune out these people/there frequncies.  You notice after meeting some one you begin to do maybe a few small things differently lets say you learned a new word or you picked up there nervous twitch.  Thats them leaving and invisible thumb print on your mind/enrgy fields/what not

I am not claiming to actauly know any thing, for all I know is that we have all been told lies from the begining, who is to say whats wrong or right.  Not I!

This is all information that I have gathered and been passed on from friends.  I use it as a tool, as a basis for a way of thinking, I use it to relate and make sence of a chaotic world.  I am not saying it is even real this could all be bull shit.  It just gives a good way of showing cause and effect and an idea of how the world works.
:sun:

--------------------

User Gallery

#3221473 - 10/06/04 03:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The energy fields which are around each of us also goes by the name of aura.

--------------------

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #3221529 - 10/06/04 03:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Once again, its a nice fantasy, but no proof.. or even a real reason to have anything more than "faith" the weakest and most pathetic de-evolution of the human psyche.

User Gallery

Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: vivid]
    #3222019 - 10/06/04 11:44 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I dont see how having faith in ones self and a respect for how you interact with people is concidered de eveloution.

--------------------

Edited by SHEIKofSHIITAKE (10/06/04 01:15 PM)

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
    #3222324 - 10/06/04 01:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When we dream or die, our astral body leaves the body and goes to the astral plane.( Of course, this astral body still must have the silver cord attached to our physical body. If this cord is severed, we're dead.)

Same way we can astral project while consciously knowing we're doing it.

Offline3eyes
Citizen of Earth
Re: Damage to the astral body [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3222390 - 10/06/04 01:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

More from the book.

By the way, i should point out, that the author who wrote this from his experiences taken to another planet (named Thiaoouba) of high vibrations. He was instructed to write his experiences to share what the ETs wanted us to know.

"?The Fourth force had a very important role to play: it had to bring to fruition all that the Spirit had imagined. It ?inserted? thus, an infinitesimal part of the Spirit in the human body. This comprises what you could call the Astral body, which forms one ninth of the essential human being and consists of one ninth of a ?Higher self?, which is sometimes called ?overself'. The Higher Self of man is, in other words, an entity which sends one ninth of itself into a human body, becoming the person?s Astral being. Other physical bodies are inhabited, similarly, by other ninths of the same Higher Self and yet each part remains integral to the central entity.( - ?central entity? - it means that each of us shares a Higher Self with 8 other people on Earth - explanation of the Author on Editor?s request.)

?Further, the Higher Self [oversoul] is a ninth part of a superior Higher Self which, in turn, is a ninth part of a more superior Higher Self. The process continues as far back as the source, and allows the enormous filtration of spiritual experience required by the Spirit.

?You must not think that the Higher Self of the first category is insignificant in comparison with the others. It functions at a lower level, but is nevertheless extremely powerful and important. It is capable of curing illness and even resuscitating the dead.(- What is known on Earth as Spiritual Healing, can be achieved with the help of the Higher Self of the healer, without the patient being present. However, providing the patient gives permission, the competent healer can assist the patient from anywhere in the world. Author?s comment. This is not an exchange of ?energy? but exchange of ?information? at the level of Higher Selves. Editor?s comment. Exactly the same is said in the books from LOBSANG RAMPA. R?-comment.)
) There are many instances of people, declared clinically dead, who are brought back to life in the hands of doctors who had abandoned all hope for them. What generally happens in these cases, is that the person?s Astral body meets with the Higher Self. This portion of the Higher Self has left the physical body during the period of ?death?. It perceives its physical body below, and the doctors trying to resuscitate it; it can also perceive loved ones who mourn for it. In his present state, the Astral body, the person will feel perfectly well - even blissful. Usually he abandons his physical body, frequently the source of much suffering, to find himself catapulted down a ?psychic canal?, at the end of which is a wondrous light and beyond, a state of bliss.

?If before passing through this canal into the blissful light which is his Higher Self he has the least will not to die - not on his own account but for the sake of those who need him, young children for example, he will ask to return. In certain cases it will be permitted.

?You are in constant communication with your Higher Self by means of your cerebral canal. Acting as a transmitting and receiving post, it conducts special vibrations directly between your Astral body and your Higher Self. Your Higher Self monitors you continually, by day and by night and can intervene to save you from an accident. Someone, for example, who is to catch a plane, finds that the taxi breaks down on the way to the airport; a second taxi called also breaks down - just like that... just like that? Could you really believe in such a coincidence?

?The plane in question crashes thirty minutes later, leaving no survivors. Another person, an old and rheumatic woman and barely able to walk, starts to cross a street. There is a loud horn blast and a screeching of tyres, but this person is miraculously able to leap to safety.

?How is this explained? It was not yet her time to die and so her Higher Self intervened. In one hundredth of a second the Higher Self triggered a reaction in her adrenaline glands which, for a few seconds, provided enough strength to her muscles to enable her to execute the leap which saved her life. Adrenaline released into the blood can make it possible to flee from imminent danger, or to defeat the ?unbeatable? through anger or fear. In too strong a dose, however, adrenaline becomes a lethal poison.

?It isn?t only the cerebral canal which is able to conduct messages between the Higher Self and the Astral body. Another channel exists sometimes in dreams - or, I should even say, in sleep. At certain times during sleep, your Higher Self is able to call your Astral body to itself and, either communicate instructions or ideas, or to regenerate it in some way, replenishing its spiritual strength or enlightening it in regard to solutions to important problems. For this reason, it is essential your sleep is undisturbed by intrusive noise or by nightmares resulting from harmful impressions received during the day. Perhaps you will better understand the importance of your old French saying: ?Night brings counsel?.

?The physical body in which you exist at the moment is already very complex, but still, it is nothing compared with the complexity of the process of evolvement which occurs with Astral bodies and Higher-selves. In order to allow ordinary people on your planet to understand as easily as possible, I will make my explanation in the simplest (12) terms.

?Your Astral body, which inhabits every normal human being, transfers to its Higher Self all the sensations that are experienced during a lifetime in a physical body. These sensations pass through the immense ?filter? of nine Higher-selves before arriving in the etheric ?ocean? that surrounds the Spirit. If these sensations are based essentially on materialism, the Higher-selves have enormous trouble filtering them, just as a water filter clogs quicker if it filters dirty water than if the water was already clear.

?If, through the numerous experiences you have in your life, you ensure your Astral body benefits in a spiritual sense, it will acquire more and more spiritual understanding. In time, which can vary from 500 to even 15 000 of your Earth years, your Higher Self will have nothing more to filter.

OfflineBigNerd
Sociable loner
Male User Gallery

Loc: local elementary school
    #3223216 - 10/06/04 04:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

Disco harms the soul!  Funniest bs I've read in a while.  Thanks.

BigNerd

--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3225018 - 10/06/04 11:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

By the way, i should point out, that the author who wrote this from his experiences taken to another planet (named Thiaoouba) of high vibrations. He was instructed to write his experiences to share what the ETs wanted us to know.

Oooooooh, makes sense now. Thanks.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being