Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
I can't stop drinking...advice please *DELETED*
    #2412027 - 03/09/04 09:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by swm

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: I can't stop drinking...advice please [Re: swm]
    #2412104 - 03/09/04 09:21 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

you've already admitted you have a problem which is a really good start. I went through it all too dude. I ended up so damn poor i couldnt afford to drink and HAD to quit. I suggest looking up your local AA, theyre very helpful

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2413515 - 03/10/04 03:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Or get a hold of Ibogain, its a hallucinogenic root froom some bushes in Africa... if you eat them they block out all symptoms of adiction and alot of good stuff. It can cure all type of adictions from alcohol to heroin... there is a medical reason why it cures adiction but suposedly there is something mystical you go through in the trip that teaches you about yourself and your adiction and whatever other problems and helps you beat them... I dunno, see if you can get a hold of it.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2413561 - 03/10/04 04:40 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

swm said:
.... I can't keep this up forever.

No you can't. And you must act soon. As YarryShroomer suggested, look up your local Alcoholics Anonymous group. Its a great support group full of friendly helpful people and they can hook you to a Detox center, which you're going to need if you shake when you haven't had a drink in a while. Your 'shakes' are a classic warning sign of impending DT's, a sign of brain damage. I wish you all the best in your recovery efforts, and do keep us posted on your progress. :laugh:

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2414933 - 03/10/04 02:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You are not alone... thats the first thing you should remember. I made a thread about this problem in my life, you can view it  Here. Ive never gone to AA... but it has worked for some good friends of mine. If your not interested in that, or its not possible, How about finding some people with similar experiences to talk with over IM (just something a bit more personal then the boards) or PM (look through that thread, you might find some people VERY willing to at least talk to you and it can only help). Feel free to contact me any time...

AIM: SmokingBowl420
MSN: bongrip@hotmail.com
yahoo: smokingbowl420
Or shoot me a line at suffer@shroomery.org

Alcoholism is a hard thing for ANYONE to deal with, but together, I have NO doubt that we can conquer it.
Much respect  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: I can't stop drinking...advice please [Re: Suffer]
    #2416026 - 03/10/04 06:25 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yea i've been there dude it suxs, they make some medication that will help you with it althoough i don't really trust pharmies, you might jus need to go to a clinic fer help, i detoxted in jail and had been drinking cases day in and day out all the time.it suxs i know but you can make it. For me faith helped me through it, if your this type o person when you stop start growing ya some dreads to represent an inner change, it's a process and you can't do it by yourself. God bless you and best wishes to ya

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2419253 - 03/11/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

its ok! I just quit drinking and its been 33 days! I was such a loser then and look back at myself and don't like who i was at all, alcohol sucks. I had withdrawls the first 2 weeks, it sucked ass. I never thought i'd quit drinking either. I don't even wanna talk about how much money i spent on drugs and alcohol.

The key to quitting is to change your environment. That was key for me. You seriously have to get away from all the people you hang out with and drink with now, or it won't work. You can't do this alone, you need to seek professional help (this sounds shitty) and AA definitely doesn't help. In AA you meet people like yourselves and often tempt eachother and it can go backwards from trying to quit. If you are really serious about doing this, seek professional help. Its so hard to quit by yourself, and if you have already tried and haven't been able to, going to rehab might be just what you need.

Quitting alcohol is awesome though. After about two weeks your whole body/mind feels so much better and you are so much more happy. Taking care of your body/mind is the most important thing, and after stepping out of your addiction your Self will thank you.

Feel free to talk to me online,
AIM jennybam
as i'm usually online. good luck and take care of yourself!

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Edited by Jenny (03/11/04 03:24 PM)

Invisibleswm
Stranger
Loc: Ohio
Re: I can't stop drinking...advice please [Re: Jenny]
    #2425168 - 03/12/04 09:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the advice.I really do appreciate it.Its nice to know some of you have went through this and got better.It gives me some hope,thanks everyone.

--------------------
I can't spell and I have poor grammar.The crap I just posted is proof enough.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being