Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: Xtals]
    #6559468 - 02/12/07 06:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I was simply stating that most people who speak openly against the use of psychedelics are largely misinformed, want an example? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6558920/an/0/page/0.
Somehow you can develop 3 lengthy post on how stupid I am over this, as incorrect as you are. You obviously have some sort of anger control problem. Not only do you flame anyone who disagrees with what you say, you give them bad ratings, and send lame ass private messages about how much of a nigger they are because you have a super duper degree in literature. I hope your stay on this forum isn't long kid. Fin.

Edited by StreetFreak (02/12/07 06:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXtals
Stranger
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: StreetFreak]
    #6559961 - 02/12/07 07:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I was simply stating that most people who speak openly against the use of psychedelics are largely misinformed

And that they're misinformed because they've never used the drug. Thanks for finally (half) admitting what you said. Was it that hard?

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
    #6560038 - 02/12/07 07:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Xtals said:And that they're misinformed because they've never used the drug. Thanks for finally (half) admitting what you said. Was it that hard?

I had a paragraph typed because every time you make a post you're not even correct about what I'm saying, so it makes me feel like I have a duty to explain myself. However, I feel if I continue this low IQ arguement any longer I'm going to become stupid, maybe stupid on your level. Maybe if you reread my original post a couple times you might get it. You and your 5 inch thick steel plate of a skull are on ignore.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #6562492 - 02/13/07 11:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Xtals is a troll who used to go by the name Chemiker. If not its another righteous crazy scientist who won't accept anyone. You can never adequately sate his lust for argument.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
    #6562514 - 02/13/07 11:18 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

<< For $300 you can order an advanced degree through the mail and pretend to be a "doctor", just like curenado. Then you can order space on a server and pretend to be "published".>>
BadChad, you are wrong. the above is all BS. I don't pay anyone for anything, and trying to discredit me only works on folks who don't factually themselves know better.

<<This appears to be the case with all your "publications". None are on pubmed, and none have been published in any journal recognized by academia.>>

No chad, wrong again. The pub med crowd is sales propaganda anyway - educated and experienced people know that. I'm inyelligent and clear and everything I've ever allowed to be published is absolutely accurate and many "peers" review it. The public scene is NEVER where anything of quality or advanced r&d/tech goes on - I think you know this and are just mad at me.

Xtals has a BA and plays in E-coli, or so he says (which is unimportant work altogether. E-coli problem is "imaginary" - or rather, more of a concern for FBI or Homeland security...)

Xtals makes a point of being an asshole on shroomery and while I can be verified and am well known to have been a good contributor and outstanding physician he does really nothing that is of any real benefit to people at all. Besides, like I said, personality of a horse's ass.

Good, read the tassili medicine group thread! It is real and helps people everyday and that's what it is for! (While some "BA" can't even work at my facility or get near my patients, unless it's someone like eric_the_red who is intelligent and worthwhile.)

Do you get so mad and cuss so much because you are the lier Xtals? Or is it because private medicine and the quality sector are so fast outrunning yours that it's all you can do?
Because the truth is, your people won't contribute anything worthwhile for 6-10 more years, and they know it, but US medicine is running to the private sector as fast as it can go. Look up the statistics and trends for your own self, petri dish puppy! (heh-heh-heh)

Don't get mad people! Xtals folks will be stealing notes and trying to catch up to the quality crowd and where everyone else is going soon enough (if they have time that is....hint)
and everyone benefits freely from the private sector on shroomery while the Xtals are still trying to convince intelligent people that they really are doing something - that really will matter - someday.... and enough said.

Anyway, it's over for my part. I just snapped back because it was just and true and the last type of person I have to take any crap of any kind off of will be an "Xtals". Intelligent people should let this thread die and go on to more beneficial things.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Edited by curenado (02/13/07 12:42 PM)

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: curenado]
    #6562555 - 02/13/07 11:29 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You know, trying to trash my ratings only revela you as the "thing I said before" even more.
My "evidence" lives and breathes and walks around and has been laboratory verified. Your many words are you own verification!
Also - last thing - people who it "actually matters what they say" know me well and who cares about some no good to anyone plant (or puppet) who can't be visited personally, doesn't have any live, breathing, free and healthy patients, and who has yet to contribute anything anywhere of any merit while all of what I say can be very easily verified by anyone?
Again - dead thread and just another opp for Xtals to let all that e-coli that has obviously soaked into his blood run out of his mouth. This is his identity.

--------------------
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

#6562999 - 02/13/07 01:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Curenado, you pass yourself off as being "informed" and "knowing" but the truth is further from the matter.

Your degrees are from NON-accredited Universities.

This means your educational institutions could very well be completely made up. This also means they do not have to meet any academic standards whatsoever. This is why you can "sell" your degrees, they aren't worth anything. This is blatantly obvious by logging on to your website of the "Florida Mycology institute".

"Doctor’s Degree Course regularly $500.00 tuition. With this special sale, you only send $200.00!". For anyone interested, you can get a degree of equal worth here:

http://www.speedydegrees.com/

More importantly, this is a clear indication that you do not hold an M.D. degree. You are not licensed to practice medicine in any state in the U.S. You have not passed the "medical boards".

Yet you have stated on different occasions: "I am a physician". This is misleading and dangerous.

And if you've ever read a peer-reviewed scientific publication consisting of original reasearch scholarly articles they contain the following: An abstract, an introduction, a MATERIALS and METHODS, a conclusion, and references.

Your "publications" don't even have any references. My high school papers needed to include sources. It is clear, that you don't even have a grasp of what a publication is.

All major scientific advances are on pubmed. Every major scientific advance in the last 50 years is written up in journal form and then published, all on pubmed. Yet you say "the public scene is NEVER where anything of quality or advanced r&d/tech goes on"

I decided to do a search of the non-quality crap that is published on pubmed. Here is the paper on the structure of DNA, determined by Watson and Crick in 1953:[url=http://anonym.to/?http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=13168976&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=13168976&query_hl=2&itool=pubmed_docsum[/url]

No quality there. Just a minor scientific advance.

Pubmed is how research is done. Every researcher at an "accredited" (e.g. real) institution uses pubmed. Pubmed is the scientific standard. To publish there you need real credentials, and not bullshit your order for $200.

All anyone asked for was a real reference Curenado.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (02/13/07 01:33 PM)

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: badchad]
    #6563104 - 02/13/07 02:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, so there is this one guy, filled with infinite knoledge. He is everything that has ever been, infinity in all directions, but at the same time he is still a whole bunch of thoughts. Suppose that one guy began to imagine; he began to imagine a world where there is water and land. You see, this guy is really good at imagining, but he has no way to look in at himself, being that he is just one guy. Our vision of ourself is largely based on the how others interprit you. So what does this guy decide to do? Split himself in half, and then again, and then again...to look at himself and understand himself. At the same time all of these shards of this one dude are only shards, parts of a whole. What is really hard to understand, and what I think psychedelics have showed me, is that while at the same there are all these shards, they are also one. Well, since this one guy is so good at imagining, all of the shards of himself are good at imagining too. The only thing is, they only see what the other shards see. They are incapable of piecing together all of the other shards to become that one big guy who knows everything. You see a tree because that one guy imagined a tree, and every other shards agrees with that one single imagination. By....

I don't even know what I am rambling about, I am just on psychedelics and looked through that article and it seemed so absurd. Just because we know what is happeneing when we get messed up doesn't mean we arn't experiencing something. You pop a mushroom and you mind just end up in that place between a shard and that one dude.

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: MustardMan]
    #6563145 - 02/13/07 02:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MustardMan said:
You're joking right?

Can you find a single certifiedphysician who advocates psychedelic drug use? Maybe a few nuts, but the average doctor, no. This is for a reason. They know that it is merely a drug that poisons your brain and body--you're body temporarily doesn't work to its maximum efficiency.

I guess it was stupid of me to post this, it is impossible to change the minds of those who are convinced (due to their personal love of the drug and want for believing it as conscious opener). Sure, if I were a primitive native in south America with no knowledge of the sciences, I would believe the drug to be so... But you can't argue with the science that tells us how the drug works, and its effects on the brain. I've asked several physicians about psychedelics and they've all told me the same thing. It is a mind-altering drug, and nothing more.

They also know opiates are highly addicting and give em away like candy hooray for opiates patients.

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineXtals
Stranger
    #6563685 - 02/13/07 05:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

curenado said:
The pub med crowd is sales propaganda anyway - educated and experienced people know that.

Nope. Many pubmed articles can be found for free and most articles on PubMed come from reputable journals that are peer reviewed. Are your journals peer reviewed by people with working scientific knowledge?

Quote:

everything I've ever allowed to be published is absolutely accurate and many "peers" review it.

Are your peers nutters like you? Do your articles also include experimental methods? If your articles at least document the experimental methods you used then at least someone could try to reproduce your results.

Quote:

The public scene is NEVER where anything of quality or advanced r&d/tech goes on -

You're an idiot.

Quote:

Xtals has a BA and plays in E-coli

And a BSc in chemistry and I'm pursuing a PhD. I do real research. My work involves recombinant DNA technology, plasmids, restriction enzymes, x-ray diffraction, protein crystallization, point mutations, etc. What kind of "research" do you do?

Quote:

(which is unimportant work altogether. E-coli problem is "imaginary"

You're really stupid. You're ASSUMING that I study E. coli. I do study E. coli, to some extent, but it's not at all the main focus of my investigation (the fact that I look at E. coli at all is almost incidental).

The only reason I use E. coli is to express recombinant proteins. E. coli is just a technology to me: it's not nearly the main object of my investigations.

Quote:

Xtals makes a point of being an asshole on shroomery and while I can be verified and am well known to have been a good contributor

Your contributions look like they're entirely made up.

Quote:

he does really nothing that is of any real benefit to people at all.

When did I tell you, specifically what I do? If you knew jack shit about recombinant DNA technology, which has been around for at least 30 years, then maybe you would have realized that I probably don't actually study E. coli, but simply 'hijack' it so that it produces the proteins I want to study. The proteins I look at are involved in virulence which are a major concern to human health. Some of the proteins I look at come from plasmids that can replicate within E. coli, but these plasmids are highly conserved and are found in a wide variety of organisms, not just E. coli. The proteins I study are involved in transferring antibiotic resistance between bacteria (no, that's not a major health concern is it?); transferring oncogenic proteins / DNA or virulence proteins to humans, animals and plants. Just an example of some of the organisms which my work is relevant to: Helicobacter pylori, which can cause ulcers and stomach cancer; Agrobacterium tumefaciens (crown gall disease in plants), Bordetella pertussis (causes whooping cough); Legionella pneumophila; and yes, Escherichia coli). You just assumed that the main object of my study was E. coli, which is wrong (though some of the proteins I look at are involved in deadly strains or antibiotic resistant strains of E. coli - and if you didn't know that E. coli also represents a concern to human health then you're a useless "doctor"). What I do is directly relevant to human health and in developing new molecular cloning technology.

Quote:

(While some "BA" can't even work at my facility

Like I said, I also have a BSc in chemistry and am getting a PhD in structural biology. Gee, it's funny that you decided to ignore my chemistry degree. I only brought up my degrees because you're the one who thinks that education is what makes someone right. If you really were a doctor, then you'd know that appealing to your degrees doesn't make you right. I have two degrees in very different disciplines. I'm far from a one trick pony. I certainly am proud of my education, but I don't pretend that having university degrees is what makes me more right than you.

Again, the extent of someone's education isn't what makes them right or wrong, and I wouldn't mention my degrees if it weren't for you asking. However, based on the way you spell, the way you argue, and the low quality of your "publications", I think the status of your education is obvious.

And (partly) to the jackass who called me a troll: like I said, it's not the extent of my education that I think makes me right. You can find threads where I admit to being wrong and when I do admit to being wrong, I don't ask the person what the extent of their education is. A person without a high school diploma could be right and a PhD/MD could be wrong. Education doesn't make you right (esp. fake degrees from non-accredited universities). I am far from a troll. I might be arrogant, but that's only because I make damn well sure that I think I'm right before posting.

Edited by Xtals (02/13/07 05:27 PM)

OfflineCyric
Master of Time and Space
Male

Loc: Outer Shpongolia
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: MustardMan]
    #6567237 - 02/14/07 02:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MustardMan said:
When you get down to it, its just a drug that creates "a false reality created by a misfiring brain".

I personally have been reading about new quantum theories (super string theory, M-Theory etc.) and I do believe that one day physics will be able to explain the deepest questions man has pondered... I highly suggest reading 'The Elegant Universe' by Brian Greene, for those of you who haven't already... truly fascinating.

It's fascinating how you believe that shrooms just create a false reality when you completely believe in quantum physics.

Just because you can't always see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: Cyric]
    #6570630 - 02/15/07 12:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Xtals has really only made up a bunch of lies. I don't know why chad would say all that because I have a link to FMRC and I did take the mushroom course but that was to learn more about them. It doesn't even teach myco medcine. I never heard of his mail order degree site and mine isn't.
Check maps and relevant sites for references. What I have said stands all along...in fact, MOST of what I have said was pretty much already well known.
Anyway, this is pointless and has gotten visciously false -

--------------------

Edited by curenado (02/15/07 01:21 PM)

OfflineXtals
Stranger
    #6570659 - 02/15/07 12:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Be specific about what claims are on what site. What has been laboratory verified. Can you give references? Do you have any published articles? You say "check MAPS" but I don't see anything there that backs up your absurd claims.

It is completely obvious that you are not a scientist or a physician. You can hardly spell. You know nothing of science. You assumed that I investigated E. coli and when I pointed out the broad scope of my investigations, you didn't admit to being wrong or apologize, you just insisted that you were right.

Accusing me of lying is slander. How dare you accuse to report me for slander when you're saying that all I've done is to make up lies. I am not lying about my education or what I do and you have right to claim that I do. All I did was ask you for references.

All I want are references. Can you back up your claims about these drugs increasing IQ in many cases? Can you point to a real scientific article? Can you point to an article referenced by MAPS? All I've asked you to do is back up your claims. You have failed to do so. If your claims could actually be backed up, then you should easily be able to point to a SPECIFIC journal and article. If what you said had any evidence behind it, then it should be easy for you to say, "Yes, check The Journal of Whatever, a publication by these two guys, published in 1997, pages 10 to 22." You are completely unable to do so.

It is very obvious that you are not a scientist, nor are you a physician. I think that you are flat out lying to everyone and it completely disgusts me. IMO, you are a fraud. All I ask is that you back up what you're saying. Point to a journal article, whatever. It doesn't matter if you have 10 PhDs or if you don't have a high school diploma. If you can back up what you're saying then I'd be satisfied with that.

=======================================
Curenado has threatened to report me for slander, yet his rating of me is PURE slander:

Take your stink and rot with it! You suck like the E-coli you supposedly play in, you fake scientist

I am a real scientist. Don't accuse me of slander, while making up bullshit about me.

OfflineXtals
Stranger
    #6570836 - 02/15/07 01:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I followed the link in Curenado's profile. Three degrees. Pretty good. Two from Rose Chapel College, which doesn't seem to exist as far as I can tell. I get 32 hits for it when I search Google and I certainly don't find any webpage for it. Some of the sites led to other sites that sell degrees ("based on what you already know"). A search through Google Scholar and PubMed for authors affiliated with Rose Chapel College came up with nothing. So, as far as I can tell, nobody from Rose Chapel College has ever published anything in the scientific literature, if Rose Chapel College even exists.

One degree from the Florida Mycology Research Center (FMRC). Google Scholar produced one hit: a self-published journal article. Nothing in peer reviewed scientific literature. What else is funny is that the FMRC sells Doctorate degrees. This is from the website:

Doctor’s Degree and One Year’s “TMC” subscription……….$200.00.

Curenado's credentials are obviously bogus. No scientific publications list anyone authors with corresponding addresses at Rose Chapel College or the FMRC.

Invisibleshroomhead0069
HIGH rankinghashmason

Loc: the lot
    #6570840 - 02/15/07 01:50 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

give up

--------------------
where my drugs at, poach monkey

OfflineXtals
Stranger
Re: Article regarding psychedelics [Re: shroomhead0069]
    #6572020 - 02/15/07 07:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have a responsibility to point out what I think is obvious fraud.

If you don't give a shit about someone who's obviously lying, then that's your problem. STFU.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate