Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepnkfld17
Interesting (not specifically psychonaut related)
    #647003 - 05/26/02 11:30 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Apparently this was one of the job interview questions... Very good.

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night. You pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect man (or) woman you have been dreaming about.

There can only be one passenger in your car and you can't return to the bus stop once you have left it (I don't know why, it's just part of this stupid question!).
Which one would you choose to offer a ride?

Think before you continue reading. This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job selection process so your future could depend on how you answer this question.

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.

WHAT DID HE SAY?

He answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams."

The moral of the story is that we can gain more if we are able to
give up our stubborn thought limitations and "Think Outside of the Box."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: Interesting (not specifically psychonaut related) [Re: pnkfld17]
    #647040 - 05/27/02 12:35 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

He answered: "I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams."

This is the old friend who once saved your life, right?
Geez -- how many favors did the applicant expect this old friend to do for him in one lifetime?
Maybe he should have told the the poor sap to change the oil and rotate the tires while he was at it.

I've encountered similar dopey dilemmas at a job interview. I think trendy, modern management types seeking to hire other desk jockeys like to pose these questions in order to assess your bullshit tolerance. If you take the rediculous question in stride and make an effort to answer it thoughtfully, they conclude that your BS.T. is fairly high and that you won't rock the boat too much.

I always wanted to respond with something like,
"What!? Who gives a fuck? I came here to talk about my qualifications, not bad Movie of the Week scenerios."
But nobody wants a job applicant to think that far outside the box.

--------------------

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Interesting (not specifically psychonaut related) [Re: Clark]
    #647041 - 05/27/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

letting out all the secretes man... you are'nt supposed to that

Anonymous

Re: Interesting (not specifically psychonaut related) [Re: pnkfld17]
    #647153 - 05/27/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

THIS is why I'm self employed, so I only have to deal with essential bullshit instead of all the bullshit.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Interesting (not specifically psychonaut related) [Re: Clark]
    #648505 - 05/27/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

In high school I applied to work at a retail store. I was given their "ethics" test. It consisted of bullshit questions (with obvious "what they want to hear" answers) like "Do you consider yourself a risk-taker?" "Is stealing ever okay?" and so forth. I almost laughed out loud as I was going through it. Near the end, I figured I didn't want to be too perfect (haha) so I intentionally marked one "wrong" answer. I handed it in and came back the next day. The human resources manager was bouncing off the walls ready to hire me. She said something like, "you scored the highest that I've ever seen on our test..." I just smiled and acted like the jackass drone that she thought I was. Needless to say, I got the job (yee-fuckin'-ha right?).
It is kind of scary that I was the first one to "do so well" on that test. Shows you what kind of idiots I had working around me.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale