Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms
    #6446431 -

I would like to ask for everyone to use your minds and concentrate on rain in the Bay Area, if you won't help me dance. This is the most pitifull season since i started picking, 5 years ago.

The Santa Cruz, Fungus fair is comming up in 3-4 days. I am affraid that there will be nothing on display!!! With any luck they might move the date, but highly-unlikey.

Does anyone know if their local fungus fesitivals were ever postponed because of weather conditions?


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6446654 -

:muslimprayer:

EDIT: By the way, I hope they do move the date. I was going to go to it but I already made plans to trip with a friend... we'll see what happens.

Edited by goodolgoogy (01/10/07 08:00 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6446795 -

I feel for you! I am in the Bay Area too. Things are so cold and dry.I don't know if any Fungus Fairs have been cancelled or rescheduled for lack of rain...but I have seen more long distance forays to fill up the displays and people using cultivated fungi as demonstrations(oysters etc.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: gardentoad]
    #6447613 -

Cultivated fungus is weak!!!! I want to see some amanita's and all the stuff no body would want to even try cultivating. I am interested in everything, identifying families.

It pissed me off last year, they had a bunch of old puffballs on display that were old, puffed out, brown inside and out, and marked them EDIBLE!!!! nothing else.... I came to them with a dozen or more of the same species, the guy told me to make some spaghetti, and i asked if i could put them on display. He said no????

I believe this was the same guy (behind the ID booth) that told me a stropharia Cornelia was a Sulfur Tuft!!! after i told him i thought it was a stropharia.

I then got a sulfur tuft from their display and put mine in one hand, and theirs in the other. I said "SO thees are the same mushroom?" He consulted with his partner and he said it was "most likely in the Stropharia family"


Sulfur Tufts




--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6447614 -

-BTW Thees are my pics so if anyone thinks i was wrong in my ID some one please let me know.


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6447839 -

I believe that sulfur tufts are in the family Strophariaceae along with Psilocybe, Stropharia and some others. Remember that family is a higher taxonomic descriptor than genus. So saying that sulfur tufts are in the 'Stropharia family' is probably correct, at least for now. I think that it is a family undergoing a lot of reshuffling, so who knows where things will end up. And somewhat recently, sulfur tufts and other Hypholomas such as brick caps were in the genus Psilocbye.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6448133 -

Here in Denver, 2002 was the driest year ever recorded - only about 7.5 inches of rain for the whole year. We still had our mushroom fair. I was able to collect about 20 species by spending all my time along streams and going for all the tiny mushrooms there. If you find a mossy stream bank, try spending 10 minutes sitting or laying on the ground. A magnifier helps. Of course, you're going to be going without the big, spectacular mushrooms everybody loves, but the little ones are pretty interesting once you spend some time looking at them.

Happy mushrooming!


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: ToxicMan]
    #6448505 -

Interesting i always thought Naematoloma was a family. But i am in my book and you are right! It's part of strophariaceae.


- However sulfur tufts re so abundant in this area it seems like they never stop flushing! I would think for him to be behind the ID booth he should of been able to give me at least a genus, rather then a family. Preferably a possible species. Not to mention they were on display!!

If you have ever held and touched a stropharia Cornelia and then held and touched a Naematoloma fasciculare, there is a large difference in texture, especially in the stem. (reminds me allot of psilocybe) Gill color differs too, depending on its maturity or immaturity.





--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6448581 -

Indeed sulfur tuft IDs should be automatic. They are pretty distinctive, one of my favorite mushies to find. I especially like when the gills have that green tint to them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: xmush]
    #6448667 -

I will be collecting regaurdless of the weather. I know where plenty of fresh mushrooms are but no big ones. Well at least they were fresh 2 days ago, but it has been cold.

If nothing other then to attend the seminars i will be going. I just wish they could re-schedule it somehow. Probably cost them alot of money. The date has been set in stone 2 months ago, and as far as i know could be on the same weekend every year!


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6453843 -

WELL.....

I was surprised to see that more then 25 species growing in my favorite hunting grounds. I collected at least 17 species for display at the fungus fair tomorrow. I think i need to be there early to submit them for display :frown: not my style.

I even found a Amanita Muscaria, but in poor condition. I chopped it up in 10 pieces and planted it near some baby madrone trees rootlets, hopping they might take someday. Doubtful i know but whatever.

Good to see that the festival won't be so bare after all. I even found some big mushrooms. Well, i didn't find them today, i have been watching them grow for the last 2 months. Nothing seems to eat them.

Don't know what they are. I will probably post a ID request later tonight.


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6454493 -

OK get this.......

This is a pictuer of me asking the "ID experts" at the Santa Cruz Fungus Fair what is the difference between sulfur tufts and Straphoria Cornellia.

I was just recently informed that they used this picture of me to advertise their fungus fair that thye charge $6 a head for.

Do i have a right to consult them about using me on their homepage for their advertisement of something they might not have the right to exploit?

I was not consulted when they used my picture in their advertisements for the upcomming fungus fair.

A friend of mine says i can demand a percentage of their income. I don't know about this.

Can anyone give me some input?


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6454495 -

Sorry heres the pic.......


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6454963 -

Don't be silly. You have no expectation of privacy when you're in public. Do you think celebrities make money off of all of those tabloid shots taken of them? Plus, why would you want to try and screw a fungus fair out of a few bucks? Not like they make a ton of money off of this venture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: xmush]
    #6455396 -

I know... this is not my idea. However my friend says that i have a right to make some demands. I don't know how much i really care, but i am pretty broke, and if they could at least let me in for free.

I guess it is true though. To use PORN as an example.
Suposedly i can take any picture of any person in any position, naked or not, in my home. It is my house, i have a right to know what goes on inside of it. This also gives me the right to post thees pictures on the internet legally. It is not an invasion of privacy, because they are not in the privacy of their own home. I am.

Can this example be compared to my situation?


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Please help me RAIN DANCE!!!... Fungus fair in three days... not mushrooms [Re: pscyanescens]
    #6460928 -

I got to learn allot of things at the festivle and i am glad i showed up. It wasn't so bad as i expected it to be. Got myself some good books, and reishi plugs. Even seen some lions mane, they didn't have that species last year. Even better i got to have a long conversation with one of the people at the ID booth.

- i learned there is a mushroom with GREEN spores. "grass green" i belive his name was John Brown at the ID booth? But then he said it slowly faded to ocher.

- i also learned that cultivation attempts for michorrizal mushrooms can take many years before you see fruits, but that doesn't mean the mycellium isn't there yet.

- a friend of his has had success with Chanterelles. His friend said every year he would wash his mushrooms he picked and save the water he washed with. Then always made sure he dumped the water in a simmilar area under some tan oaks. It took him 7 years, but now has people going through his yard to pick Chantereles.

Not to say that this could be easily replicated, but he definately helped in spreading the spores in the correct enviorment.


--------------------
----------------
"With an abundance of Cyanescens... i would never touch another Cubensis again."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: "Rain Dance" GGreatOne234 2,579 14 05/13/00 04:37 PM
by Lenore
* It just rained.....and I got mushrooms!! Id please blahblahblah 4,438 18 11/18/01 11:21 AM
by blahblahblah
* Texas Rain....
( 1 2 all )
TxTec 5,170 31 05/16/03 01:27 PM
by joejoea
* ITS raining in GA!!!
( 1 2 all )
Unity333 2,707 22 09/18/02 11:39 AM
by Remy
* How soon after rain is the best time? Yew4Ea 11,753 9 09/26/01 10:13 PM
by Lizard King
* Texas Rains
( 1 2 all )
cube421 4,583 27 06/08/03 08:23 PM
by TxTec
* Mushroom Fair Pix - Finally ToxicManM 1,757 2 08/23/02 04:59 PM
by ToxicMan
* eugene mushroom festival viscid 3,057 13 10/31/02 04:27 PM
by viscid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,344 topic views. 0 members, 14 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.