Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope, Reagent Testing Kit

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Mushroom Fair Pix - Finally
    #838179 - 08/23/02 01:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry for the delay - I got things to work by practically turning my firewall off (I hate doing that). Here?s a few photos, I?ll try for some microphotos next. There aren?t pictures of throngs of people first because there weren?t throngs of people (we?re currently in the middle of the worst recorded drought in state history here), and second because most of you are probably much more interested in the mushrooms anyway.

Captions follow each image.

Vera Evenson and Dr. Jack States discussing what kind of Cortinarius they have on the table infront of Vera.

Xeromphalina cauticinalis up on Bethoud Pass.

Laetiporus sulphureus which was brought in by a guy who flew all the way in from Washington, DC

Chlorophyllum molybdites - specimens from three collections placed side by side to show development and variety as found here (Denver).

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Mushroom Fair Pix - Finally [Re: ToxicMan]
    #838421 - 08/23/02 03:46 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OnlineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushroom Fair Pix - Finally [Re: ToxicMan]
    #838812 - 08/23/02 06:59 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Here?s a couple microphotographs from Fair mushrooms.

These spores are from Hypomyces lactifluorum (Lobster Mushroom). The spores were dyed with Safranin O (they are hyaline). Note that each spore has a septum (wall) dividing it into two cells.

These are spores of Lactarius representanius stained with Melzer?s Reagent to show the amyloid warts and ridges on the surface of the spores. Next time I?ll do it with a contrasting stain to show the spores themselves a little better.

Sorry the photos are not as clear as I would like, but photography at 1000x thru a oil immersion student microscope is difficult to get just so. At least they show the important details.

I would do more, but I?m going to have to do some image processing to get the file sizes down to what should be uploaded. More later...

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope, Reagent Testing Kit

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification