Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly?
    #6408461 -

I finally got to see it, and man it's a mind fuck. I really think the director put shit in it to trip your ass off harder. Also when woody and doowny jr. were on that drug I swear I thought I was tripping, you know that awkward feeling you get and the extreme paranoia, shit was nut. The story was pissing me off in the begining but it all made sense in the end. Also the last scene in the movie is probably true in real life. If you think about it, it gotta be true.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408491 -

I thought the effects were well done.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408527 -

i didn't think this movie was too big of a mind fuck, or anything like that.
i enjoyed it because it seemed to be a character study of this group of guys, and how this drug affected their life.

sure the animation was cool, and the story was great, but i enjoyed the characters the most.


--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: bobjones]
    #6408533 -

the philosphy of the movie was awesome, and the idea was well thought sense the book the movie was well well done.


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408544 -

as for me i wish i had about 6 suger cubes to i could enjoy it the right way.


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6408551 -

FUCK YES! or a thimble of lsd


--------------------


∞
I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: snoot]
    #6408563 -

I was a bit disapointed, I think I was waiting too much from the movie. In the synopsis, they said the movie takes place in a near future when the war on drugs is lost, but they make no mention of that in the actual movie. The scenario wasn't bad, and the characters were pretty good, but the whole of it ends up being a bit flat. It wasn't a movie I'd particularly like to remember...

Waking Life was twenty times better IMO.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6408565 -

I absolutely love the book, and I applaud the movie for doing it justice. bobjones is right about it being a character study of druggies and how drugs affect their lives. Honestly I don't understand all you guys who want to watch the movie while tripping. It's too depressing for that, IMO.


--------------------
Supercollider? I just met her!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #6408572 -

I really liked the movie. I thought that it had a nice plot with a lot of cool twists.

Despite the seriousness of the drug and issues the characters went through there was some humor which made it more enjoyable. I thought the acting was good and the effects were done well. And I do plan on purchasing it.  :thumbup:


--------------------
"There's a clock on the wall and it won't stop tickin, tickin, tickin, I try not to listen but it dictates every little thing I do." -Ugly Duckling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408705 -

read the book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Vvellum]
    #6408715 -

Never heard of it or seen it, can't find it.. :smile:


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Fliquid]
    #6408721 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Vvellum]
    #6408734 -

I think the actual movie itself was kind of boring, but the end made up for it. The movie was about the loss of the war on drugs, and in a BIG way the end of the movie showed us how much we had lost that war. With an understanding of the ending the movie will probably be increased in value. So I enjoyed the movie but I appreciate it more than I enjoyed it.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408778 -


Cool story but I thought the acting was slightly weak and overall I thought Slacker was a much better movie. It reminded me a lot of William Burroughs's Nova Express.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Edited by schmutzen (12/31/06 04:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6408779 -

I think that reading the book definitely improves the movie because it more fully captures the mental state of the main character.


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: schmutzen]
    #6408798 -

read the wikipedia link I posted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Vvellum]
    #6412931 -

thanks for the links Vvellum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Vvellum]
    #6413364 -

The Wiki helped a lot.  Now that I've had some time to digest, I like it.  The gas-line incident and the "Come on in, it's open" were freakin' hilarious :rofl:


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: Rylmonkey]
    #6413401 -

i liked it...not gonna get too specific atm cuz i'm busy, but i just wanted to let everyone know that there is an audio book version out there read by paul giamanti. heheh..i thought sounded pretty rad so i downloaded it.

anyways...i enjoyed the movie...but i wonder what "substance D" is comparable to....maybe like meth, heroin, and ketamine?

anyone got a guess...i didn't read the whole thread btw.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: So what's everyones opinions about Scanner Darkly? [Re: schmutzen]
    #6413405 -

I'm currently reading the book, quite good. But I can't find the movie here :frown:


--------------------
In the province of the mind, there are no limits

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Loud , annoying, disrespectful movie theatre people: food smacking, cell phone using etc. GUESS WHO?
( 1 2 all )
Fiery 1,199 33 03/03/18 03:22 PM
by Enlil
* Every cool movie I've ever seen
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 3,455 24 05/03/09 02:36 PM
by unretarded
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 10:55 AM
by OJK
* Most Disturbing Movie Ever
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
kosmic_charlie 19,816 155 09/23/24 06:57 PM
by TrancedOutBrah
* The Darkness
( 1 2 all )
2Experimental 1,449 22 04/08/04 12:11 AM
by Infrared
* What's your favorite movie?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
daba 12,097 81 10/13/03 08:51 AM
by unlikelyhero
* Psyborgs recommend a movie thread.
( 1 2 all )
psyborg 5,512 35 04/19/04 05:03 PM
by RunDMT
* Movies that make you weep *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Kuuyku 1,754 20 04/02/04 03:11 PM
by Noviseer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,340 topic views. 6 members, 148 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.