Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Wild Mushies in T.O.
    #630449 -

Anyone know a place to find some shrooms in Toronto... preferably not too far away from the city.

GO LEAFS GO!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wild Mushies in T.O. [Re: fjbk47985]
    #630918 -

best cgance at finding shrooms are in cow fields, maybe lib caps or Pan subbs. Also silvatica, but will need to head to the forest for those...where you will most certainly find big laughing Gyms too...cheers, good hunting. Before you go out however...do a tonne of research. I have spent countless hours reading, checking the forums here and many more in the field in Ontario and quebec, have had some pretty good finds...not amazing yet. I have apretty good sense and eye for these things as well..be patient, be informed and prepare to do some walkin.

Cheers...good luck



--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wild Mushies in T.O. [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #635621 -

What time of year do you find Ps sylvatica and what type of wood? Is it potent enough to search for? I want to try to establish it in my garden in Toronto. I find very little information about this species. I am also trying to establish Psilocybe cyanescens and Pan sub in the garden as well.


--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wild Mushies in T.O. [Re: Orchidman]
    #635804 -

The fall..different types of wood, they seem to like it slightly acidic. They are not extremely potent in my experience...but worth it if you find a good patch, unfortunately they also seem to like growing with other similar small mushrooms, as far as I know they aren't deadly...but be careful.

Good luck


--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Re: WINTER IN OZ, MUSHIES? mjshroomer 1,397 3 08/01/00 05:37 AM
by wintertime
* taking prints from the wild Dogomush 922 2 10/21/02 09:34 AM
by GaNjAShRooM
* south florida wild mushie pics (no actives) waixingren 602 0 10/13/05 04:48 PM
by waixingren
* Psilocybe pellicullosa/silvatica
( 1 2 3 4 all )
casgoodie 8,114 63 04/24/21 12:33 PM
by semilancreator
* Psilocybe sylvatica? exume 3,168 2 10/03/04 03:06 PM
by exume
* introducing strains to the wild? a4n2d0y 1,250 7 11/16/01 12:11 AM
by Azure
* Ps silvatica BookSaw 1,875 7 10/16/08 11:40 PM
by Mr. Mushrooms
* Pelliculosa vs Silvatica megaman3 2,199 3 08/18/03 09:01 AM
by mjshroomer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
939 topic views. 1 members, 7 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.