Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinet_a_k
Stranger
TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE
    #633581 - 05/16/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey.
The other day my friend and I were discussing forgetting things, and how ignorance was bliss. That took me back to my trip, and i put and answer to the puzzle i could never figure out. Durring the trip, i was overwhelmed with 'ecstacy' and 'nothing could go wrong' and i was offered a challenge. "Whatever you can possibly think of, any question, any problem, anything can be answered by this 1 answer." I ask away, first questions gone, after i ask, im filled with this sensation...the problem was gone. Not only was it gone, i couldnt remember what it was. WOW!!! Well this got to the point of being insane about 2 hours into it asking billions of quesitons at a time, being able to feel each question...Anyways. The answer to the question was not remembering. Everything as it happend seemed to have no recolection of what happend, and the answer was having no post, keep restarting...Its hard to get out at the same level, but thats what happend. Im glad i finally put somewhat of an answer into what the question was. I dont know.

--------------------

--tak

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: t_a_k]
    #634053 - 05/17/02 06:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think I understand what you are talking about but it does sound kind of insane.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #634055 - 05/17/02 07:02 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It's time to build an extension onto your house, a padded cell. Also pick up some straight jackets in your size, you crazy bastard.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #634085 - 05/17/02 07:44 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I was with you up until this point:

Everything as it happend seemed to have no recolection of what happend, and the answer was having no post, keep restarting...

That doesn't make any sense, but apart from that I think you're probably quite sane.

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#634096 - 05/17/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

It seems that the shrooms were forcing you to meditate (concentrate), but you were, subconciously, not allowing yourself to do so. By posing new questions before you enter meditation, you were effectively distracting your higher intellectual capabilities (intuition) and allowing your lower mind (reasoning) to take over.

--------------------
:egyptian:

Offlinet_a_k
Stranger
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: Revelation]
    #634111 - 05/17/02 08:01 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

What i meant was the answer to everything was having no past. If you dont remember the problem, its not a problem any further. But it was happening on such a large scale that each time i forgot it was like a life. I would die, and nothing else mattered, i was reborn with no worries, and nothing to do me wrong. I dont know. I was high. ::)))~~~~

--------------------

--tak

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #634118 - 05/17/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like it was a lot of fun anyways.

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #634211 - 05/17/02 09:12 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I got stuck in a less entertaining madness once. I had it in my mind that instead of opening my tent and taking my little notebook out of my backpack, I was going to come running out of the forest and attack the tent, beat the hell of it, and rescue my book from it. It was a lot of fun, but somewhere in the planning stage I came up with this rule: whatever your first impulse is, do the next thing. Instead of running directly towards the tent, I would take a windy path through the woods; instead of opening the opening the tent zipper with my hand, I would use my teeth. Etc. etc.--bloody stupid, the whole thing. I got stuck trying to NOT do the first impulse, ever, and of course I couldn't, and it basically drove me insane.

It almost killed me--did it make me stronger?

hongomon

Oh, and the question isn't who is mad, we're all mad. The question is who has method to their madness.

InvisibleGRTUD
INFP
Male

Loc: United States
    #634354 - 05/17/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I've learned in life that my brain isn't the infalliable tool I was once led to believe it was (don't know why I came to believe it was in the first place). Hence, you don't have to act on any thought that crosses your mind, even with another thought. When we trip, it seems that we are overwhelmed with sensation and thought. It allows us to "see" things we can't see under normal conditions. But the ratio of useful to useless information is about the same as it is under any conditions. In fact, the brain seems to be talented at directing our attention to the unimportant, which is what illusionists do for a living. I try to tell myself what an old hippie told me before my first trip, no matter what happens, "this isn't real - it's just the drug that is real." The great thing we get when we trip is that we have relief from the structure of thought that consumes everyday life. The bad thing about tripping is that we don't have the structure of thought that consumes everyday life.

--------------------
"New shit has come to light..."

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #634443 - 05/17/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

This sounds familiar. Forgetting something intentionally is a Zen thing (i think). I forgot how it is supposed to work. But I've read that consciousness often gets in the way of a solution to something. Great insights come when you're NOT trying to discover them. Forget about it.

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: frogsheath]
    #634802 - 05/17/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

hEHE...I think you are right...That's right. That's why buddhists and stuff while meditating they try to think NOTHING!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
    #634805 - 05/17/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, you are insane!! I am insane too! We are all insane!! Only the not insane people are insane!
I had a trip mostly build up on questions, that I knew the answer(feel it as you say). But it seems that the trip was consumed by these infinite answers. After a while I had a most beautiful trip!! I just let it go without any questions!! Just thoughts(like very deep ones) were showed to me over and over... I am thinking to write everything down next time. I hope I do it, because I never do it.. See you in the UNINSANE world!

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #668411 - 06/08/02 05:12 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I believe that we create the past(and the future) from where we are in the present. If you have no recollection of the past what so ever, then it simply ceases to have EVER happened. This is a very desirable state as it is generally accompanied by an ineffable bliss, and one which I wish I could achieve with greater frequency a la Franklin Merril-wolff.

"forget all your problems they don't even exist" Black Sabbath

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineBuddha1
journeyman
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: frogsheath]
    #668625 - 06/08/02 08:38 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"This sounds familiar. Forgetting something intentionally is a Zen thing (i think). I forgot how it is supposed to work. But I've read that consciousness often gets in the way of a solution to something. Great insights come when you're NOT trying to discover them. Forget about it."

Yes, it is a Zen thing. Krishnamurti also talks about it extensively. Most of our problems (sorrow, despair) exist becase we have formed attachments to things. Being deprived of our pleasures or seeking a pleasure will lead to sorrow. So you get rid of this sorrow by forgetting about the past, not being attached to anything. You can never recreate a moment, the moment is always new, and how can any new intelligence come about if our minds are dwelling on the past? So only when we forget the past can anything new come about.

It may sound a bit contradictory but K. explains knowledge as the accumulation of memories, which is the past, and intelligence as a never ending movement.

I didn't explain this nearly as well as Krishnamurti does but I tried so if you dont understand it then read some Krishnamurti.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #669231 - 06/08/02 06:46 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

This actually happens to people sometimes- I don't mean Zen mindgames, but a real state where they have no memory of the past 30 years and forget everything 5 minutes after they did it.
To have continuous amnesia- forgetting everything as soon as it happens- is in a way being dead. If you don' t remember doing something yesterday, was it really 'you' who did it? Or did the person who did it die as soon as you forgot? Our chain of memories is what allows us to keep feeling like "I am Me." The joy of such a situation would be the constant rebirth into the present as a person free of sins and regrets.
So this is an 'ego death' through discontinuity rather than the usual 'ego death' of dissociation you hear people talking about in high dose mushroom trips, and may seem enlightening & exhilerating for the same reasons.
But I don't think that as a philosophy this is a very good one. To wish for that state... it's sort of nihilistic- an attempt to escape the serious problems and stresses of living in time and being you. Turning off and tuning out. I don't want bliss- I want reality, experience, truth, and the more it hurts, the more 'real' I know it must be.

On the other hand- I know I only feel that way because I am sane- and I believe sanity may be a greatly overrated condition.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: Xibalba]
    #669597 - 06/09/02 06:29 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think Xibalba hit the nail on the head. In a Buddhist understanding of the infrastructure of reality, there are 'mind moments.' It is the string of mind moments in which each thought, like beads on a string, give the impression of a continuous sense of 'I,' of selfhood. Getting intensely into the moment allows one's consciousness to experience those 'intervals' between thoughts, and those intervals are of the transcendental nature of emptiness, of eternality. Now, to live on this level is akin to living in the subatomic world of physicists wherein there is no matter, no solidity, only energy in flux that gives rise to patterns or form. On the macro level there is of course solidity - relative solidity. And, of course there is space-time and mind, not only eternity. Two perspectives.

So for Buddhists Nirvana and Samsara are equivalent, and for physicists matter and energy are equivalent - and maybe you got a good glimpse, but you continued to pursue mundane conversation instead of a potentially more useful quiet observation. The result was a disjointed, dysfunctional mundane reality - forgetfulness - as each thought form emerged from the mind and dissapeared back into it, like waves on the surface of the sea. Can't exactly grasp a wave either, can we?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineBuddha1
journeyman
Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: Xibalba]
    #670277 - 06/09/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Xibalba, are you sure of what you say? Do you KNOW this or do you believe it?

"To have continuous amnesia- forgetting everything as soon as it happens- is in a way being dead. If you don' t remember doing something yesterday, was it really 'you' who did it?"

We are all going to die. Nothing lasts forever. Your past and your memories are meaningless, there is no point to try to hold on to them. If you try to hold on to them, or if you attach yourself to them, you will be in conflict with yourself. This will make sorrow or 'pain' inevitable. But don't take my word for it.

You two should really try reading some Krishnamurti. He doesn't preach, he doesn't tell you what to do or how to do anything. You have nothing to loose, and there is a potential for much to be gained. Just go to a used book store and see if they have any Krishnamurti books. I doubt that you'll regret it.

Invisibleykk
re-member

Re: TELL ME IM INSANE PLEASE [Re: Buddha1]
    #671582 - 06/10/02 10:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

"You so crazee." eh.

>To wish for that state... it's sort of nihilistic- an attempt to escape the >serious problems and stresses of living in time and being you. Turning off and >tuning out. I don't want bliss- I want reality, experience, truth, and the more >it hurts, the more 'real' I know it must be.

i think you got it right in a wrongish kinda way. the state of living in the now doesn't mean escaping-au contraire! it means being totally aware of each moment, of each decision. if you do that the past you will "gain" will be a bunch of well spent moments.
if you are you in the sense of everything, you will help the universe.
the only way you'll get "reality, experience, truth" slammed right into your face is by living in the now. for that's all there is. or sumding
peace&peaches
ykk

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies