Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Day 10, abhorts aplenty but wrong side up!
    #629877 -

Hello forum...

This is my first time using the casing technique (growing PRs) from the MycoFanatic website, and I have a quick question.

It is day 10 since I removed the lids, and I have very dense mycelium to the point where it is knotted on top. Only thing is, I only see abhorts growing on the bottom of the cake (the tubs I have the casing in are clear)!

Have I failed before I've even gotten started? Sterility has been ensured to the fullest (there is NO mould at all) and I want to know if the experiement can be salvaged!

If any of the more experienced growers can offer advice or observations I would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Day 10, abhorts aplenty but wrong side up! [Re: Scholar]
    #630029 -

Your casing tray shouldn't be clear as it promotes pinning on the sides and sometimes bottom. Next time just duct tape around the sides and bottom so no light gets in and the pins should onlt form on the top.
As for this casing I say let them grow. I had the same problem with my first casing and had a couple ugly, flat, but huge shrooms grow along the bottom of the casing.
Just watch and if they stop growing alltogether pick them before they rot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Day 10, abhorts aplenty but wrong side up! [Re: Scholar]
    #630034 -

flip it and duct tape the sides-it wont hurt-maybe-who knows-


--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Day 10, abhorts aplenty but wrong side up! [Re: GaNjAShRooM]
    #630973 -

could recase


--------------------
*This is all Fiction by the Way*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Day 10, abhorts aplenty but wrong side up! [Re: Scholar]
    #631038 -

I laid 3 pieces of duct tape width-wise across my bathtub. I then laid 4 strips of aluminum foil length-wise over the duct tape. After spraying the tub down with a bleach/water solution and drying it out, I sprayed down the tops of my casings and flipped them onto the aluminum. After seeing how dried out and overlayed the bottom was, I removed several of the larger abhorts.

I wrapped the casings in the aluminum, sterilized the casing tubs, and gently lifted the casing back in. The aluminum will work to keep the bottoms and sides dark.

After sterilizing tweezers, a spoon, and a fork, I set to the task of breaking up all the dry mycelium and removing ANY hint of contamination. I have only found one significant patch of mould in one of my 3 tubs, but it was an experimental tub so I am not bothered.

I added spring water to rehydrate the dry soil/vermiculite and now hope to have at least one successful flush from each casing. I count 150-200 abhorts or small mushrooms per tub.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about casing PRs? I prefer this method to the PF Tek and would like to pursue it.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

-Scholar

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by users_request malibu76 1,999 7 06/21/02 09:38 AM
by FanaTEK
* abhorts: potent or not? wind_wraith 1,331 5 07/24/01 02:04 PM
by wind_wraith
* Dunked for 10 days, and LIVED.. u4ia 778 3 08/22/03 03:18 PM
by Tomandjerry58
* What causes abhorts on PF cakes? Wonderlust 1,233 7 01/23/03 06:59 AM
by Wonderlust
* abhorts? thinpinny 2,218 10 08/26/01 12:22 AM
by Zen Peddler
* abhorts MickyFinn 2,072 6 02/10/02 12:20 PM
by Hammerloaf
* fat asses and abhorts, oh my!? ManWhoWalksWithThreeLegs 2,417 4 07/15/02 10:40 AM
by jalfonso
* What am I doing wrong Pilz_Mann 671 8 10/05/03 04:30 PM
by StrongBad

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
956 topic views. 18 members, 115 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.