Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineManWhoWalksWithThreeLegs
Stranger
Loc: PHX, AZ USA
fat asses and abhorts, oh my!?
    #514362 - 01/08/02 12:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The most horrible thing has started happening to my monkey's sings AND cakes.

My monkey innoculated 12 halfpint jars with the new T3 strain and watched them colonize a brf/verm cake in no time! So he birthed the cakes and used the Sea of Shroom method to case in a large rubbermaid tub. He kept the humidity at about 93% and the temp at 74 degrees F, and fanned at least twice a day. However, the boomers were quik to abort any pinheads that formed and the ones that did grow were complete fat asses with almost no cap. They were also very badly bruised, which he attributed to them being next to a 10" sub from my stereo.

So my monkey decided to start anew after one flush of aborts and fat asses, and cased with vermiculite. To this day, my monkey claims to STILL only be getting fat asses with small caps, and aborts of course, but they're no longer bruised like the were by the subwoofer.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doinf wrong? CO2 levels too high? Temp/humidity too high/low? I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

manwhowalkswiththreelegs
on the bus furthur

--------------------
intersynchronicity is the goal, and the merry pranksters showed us the way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: fat asses and abhorts, oh my!? [Re: ManWhoWalksWithThreeLegs]
    #514388 - 01/08/02 01:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

IMO, during the fruiting stage, humidity and CO2 tend to be the most important factors when it comes to healthy flushes(or unhealthy -fatasses and abhorts for that matter), with temp coming well behind in third.

CO2 levels too high, or I would actually rephrase as "not enough fresh air", will definitely cause aborts. Temp probably is not a big factor as cubies have a wide temp range. The fat asses could be from too much humidity, but IME they are more often caused by the mushrooms being in direct contact with a moisture source(like cakes directly on perlite and the shrooms from the bottom will be striped fatasses).
The other thing is it could be the strain you are working with... I have no experience with the T3 mushys. Anyone Else??

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineManWhoWalksWithThreeLegs
Stranger
Loc: PHX, AZ USA
Re: fat asses and abhorts, oh my!? [Re: Olgualion]
    #515866 - 01/09/02 10:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanx for your help, sounds like a problem with not enough fresh air contributing to high co2 levels. if anyone has any insight into this, i'd greatly appreciate it.

manwhowalkswiththreelegs

--------------------
intersynchronicity is the goal, and the merry pranksters showed us the way.

OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

#515935 - 01/10/02 12:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I grew out some T3's on a cake..all i got were aborts and fat asses...from what I've read its a typical trait of that strain when grown on a BRF cake

Offlinejalfonso
journeyman

#747951 - 07/15/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i got a queston when using the sos tek how much vermuculite do u put on the bottom of the cup? do u do layers like vermuculite then crumbled cake and the vermuculite and then crumbled cake? or is it vermuculite and then cumble cake and then 50/50 soil mix? and how of each do i put in? please helpo me out with this?

--------------------
~~ Jeff ~~
=o

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag