Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Dunked for 10 days, and LIVED..
    #1840865 - 08/22/03 03:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, long story..

AFOAF, grows over his friends house, and he can't get too extreme, as he enlists the help of his friends for fanning, or birthing, etc.

First couple months went good, no real problems, but no huge yields to brag about.  He learned a ton, but his friends were the weak point of his grows, they were managing ok.  However..

It is the summer, and the friend decided to go on vacation.  AFOAF had thought another mutual friend had an extra key.  Needless to say, the friend dunked the mushies over night (fresh birth + cold shock), and left for a 10 day vacation in the morning.  He forgot to put them in the fruiting chamber come morning.

My FOAF found out, tried to get the extra key, but couldn't.  DAMN. 

10 days later, when the lazy friend returned, they were birthed into the fruiting chamber, and fanned for about a week.  Other cakes were on their 3rd and 4th flushes.  So basically, AFOAF had a full chamber of basically dead mushie cakes.  All PF-Tek style half pints.  :frown:

Well by that time, AFOAF was quite busy with work , and was pretty upset that he lost a good 10cakes of yield due to a lazy friend.  He was planning (and still is) on revamping the setup, and going to flatcakes during the first week of September.

I guess the lazy friend decided to start fanning for a few days, and left the dead 4th flush cakes (4th flush gave an abhort or three) inside the chamber.  Well he fanned for a week, and then he left for another vacation for 5-6 days.  What he forgot to do, was tell my FOAF about this.  The cakes which had been neglect dunked in the fridge for 10 days, had started pinning.  Well after the 5-6 day vacation, brings us to yesterday.  AFOAF went to check on them, and unfortunately, they lack of fanning killed off most of the cakes, but they were on their way to some terrific flushes.  Two cakes, somehow made it, and threw off a few EQ monsters.  About 8" long, and 1" in diameter.  The two wet flushes from these two severely beaten and neglected cakes were 64grams.  Not bad eh?  AFOAF pulled off all the other abhorted and blackened not_mature mushies from the rest of the cakes.  Even though they look like shit, they should dry to a decent result, and AFOAF should end up with a quarter or so dried.

Needless to say, I'm thinking the only way the cakes made it through the dunking, was because of being in the fridgerator.  Almost putting them into a dormant stage.  It's a shame AFOAF wasn't notified of them beginning to pin, as the results would have been nice to see. 

AFOAF has these 10 cakes and a few other last flush deals, and he's going to take some store bought manure, and some straw, and try to get it to spawn and colonize in a small outdoor bed. 

Interesting, I never thought they'd live threw it myself. AFOAF has told me his fruiting chamber, upon opening yesterday, had a severe infestation of flying thingies.  Like little flies.  Wonder WTF they came from.

Procrastination is like masturbation, it's fun until you realize you are only screwing yourself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ibiza, Spain
Re: Dunked for 10 days, and LIVED.. [Re: u4ia]
    #1840910 - 08/22/03 03:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Had the same thing happen to people around here, going to jail and shit. But they live no problem if you just let them like "revive" I think.

Loc: DC
Re: Dunked for 10 days, and LIVED.. [Re: factory81]
    #1841044 - 08/22/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

amazing what these cakes can get through.....i admire them

In the Time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey.

Re: Dunked for 10 days, and LIVED.. [Re: rohitabong]
    #1841172 - 08/22/03 05:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i froze one in water for 2 weeks and threw it out in the yard and it still fruited!:)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation