Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Forcing offsets in cacti using 6-Benzylaminopurine
    #6250808 -

I recently procured small amounts of several different plant hormones and growth regulators, among them 6-Benzylaminopurine, or BA6. BA6 reduces apical dominance, allowing lower nodes to develop into apical meristems. For cacti, this means offsetting.

Well, I did some research and decided to foliar feed some of my cacti 3 evenings in a row, at 1000 ppm. Later, I found out that by applying a solution of BA6 and Lanolin to a specific aureole (node), offsetting can be induced at that aureole.

Here's the results of spraying a Perioskopsis Spathulata. This plant was well-rooted, and had the apical meristem removed just before treatment. It is notable that another P. Spathulata that was not cut similarly, but was sprayed, has continued normal growth. There are nine offsets on this plant, from top to bottom.





Nothing out of the ordinary with the Trich's I treated. Yet. And I was having trouble keeping a supply for grafting.

Whaddya think?

Peace and health -- Captu4ik.


--------------------
Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it . -- Henry David Thoreau

I don't mind it, I'm no fool ! -- Captu4ik

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Forcing offsets in cacti using 6-Benzylaminopurine [Re: Captu4ik]
    #6250960 -

very interesting! by chance, have you ever tried cactus tissue culture? i was interested into parameters to get started...


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Forcing offsets in cacti using 6-Benzylaminopurine [Re: felixhigh]
    #6251061 -

I'm really liking the plant :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Forcing offsets in cacti using 6-Benzylaminopurine [Re: felixhigh]
    #6252508 -

felixhigh said:
have you ever tried cactus tissue culture?
FH



Not yet ....


--------------------
Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it . -- Henry David Thoreau

I don't mind it, I'm no fool ! -- Captu4ik

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Force a cacti to 'bud' Schwip 1,343 7 02/01/06 08:05 PM
by Nashbar
* My Cacti
( 1 2 all )
Maverik 3,749 39 11/29/04 02:11 AM
by nookjohn
* Pereskiopsis spathulata Pathology stem whitening HELP PLEASE Millennium 1,702 6 12/12/05 02:04 AM
by S8N
* Cacti 101 learn it/live it/love it !
( 1 2 all )
Corporal Kielbasa 12,883 31 11/09/05 03:35 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Using Cytokinin To Force Cactus Offsets Cakes 1,763 4 06/27/07 09:17 PM
by AgingHippy
* Stimulation of axillary branching in cacti with BAP Una 7,898 17 04/06/05 10:47 PM
by durban_poison
* Sand Dollar Cacti NikolaiMcGreggor 843 3 05/29/04 05:43 PM
by nookjohn
* Forcing pedro pups chemkid 4,333 16 07/09/02 01:01 PM
by chemkid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,031 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.