Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Silicone did I just do something bad?
    #6170399 -



I jused used silicone for the first time and then when I was done I was like oh crap

Am I suppose to put this stuff on both sides or is it toxic to mycelium?


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: mikeownow]
    #6170586 -

you should try to get the red kind, i think its called rtv

its a high temp silicone so it wont melt if pressure cooked

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: Atheist]
    #6170620 -

Wtf I have that same kind for my car I did not know that ur suppose to use that kind GOD DAMN IT >.<


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: mikeownow]
    #6170697 -

I used DAP aquarium sealant and mine didnt melt...you should be ok...


--------------------
My judgment day is everyday

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: BallsDeep]
    #6170709 -

I dont know if it matters, but I would get the rust off those lids too


--------------------
My judgment day is everyday

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: BallsDeep]
    #6170773 -

how should i go about rust removal?


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: mikeownow]
    #6170806 -

Nearly all my jar lids are rusty and they never give me any problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Silicone did I just do something bad? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6170999 -

Put the silicone on both sides so it won't blow out. Clear silicone is fine for PC temperatures. The red stuff is for engines that get much hotter than the pressure cooker. Rust doesn't hurt a thing. I'm still using five year old lids that have lots of rust.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rusty lids Nazrula 1,512 7 07/22/04 12:48 AM
by hyphae
* Rust Color Contam? Silicon Fumes? Bleh. wicc 1,972 7 08/08/01 03:44 PM
by nestafy
* RUST! Edge 1,290 13 05/26/03 12:50 AM
by Prisoner#1
* What the... rust???! :o TonyMontana 926 4 10/13/02 11:38 AM
by dog
* Can I get lockjaw & die from rusty lid holes?
( 1 2 all )
vildechayea 4,842 36 11/15/02 08:49 PM
by Champion des Champignons
* RUST taibensis 2,710 15 10/12/04 01:20 PM
by tripndicular
* Rusty lid tops, and the like......
( 1 2 all )
Angry Mycologist 2,462 28 12/01/02 11:41 PM
by IDontGrow
* Rust on Lids TinMan 1,071 4 04/06/03 11:01 AM
by TinMan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
988 topic views. 15 members, 96 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.