Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!?!?!?
    #613392 - 04/20/02 02:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hershey Center, absolutely fucking unbelieveable show! I nearly crapped my pants it sounded so damn good! If you ever, and I mean EVER get the chance to go see the chemical brothers- GO! You will never reget it!

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!?!?!? [Re: TheCaptain]
    #614901 - 04/21/02 07:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

aw captain you gotta tell me more about it! i'm goin on the 24th. i've been readin up on recent setlists, do you remember yours? how close were you? did oakenfold play or sasha and digweed? do you remember the total concert time? i can't fuckin wait!

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinefelix
this and that
 User Gallery

Re: WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!?!?!? [Re: Blastrid]
    #615274 - 04/22/02 07:03 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you all are lucky...when you go, tell them to come to hawaii
theres never good shows here...

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Edited by felix (04/22/02 07:04 AM)

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#615277 - 04/22/02 07:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hey man
Ya, i guess i should elaborate eh? lol.... :smile:

Well, I cant remember the setlist at all, unfortunately. Oakenfold opened up for them, and did a pretty damn good job of it too. When the Bros. came on, it was like God walked into the stadium. The buildup was INCREDIBLE! The whole setup, stage, lights, sound was awesome. The biggest downer was about, shit, maybe less than five minutes into the set, they blew a couple of speakers on the left side of us (we were about midway in the hockey rink, just past teh blue line). That was a total bummer, destroyed the atmosphere completely. THe sound guys went apechit trying to fix it, and it took em about half an hour. All that aside, the concert was just an assault on my senses. The lightshow was bar none the best i have EVER seen, so much variation and suprises. Me and my buddy chewed maybe 2.5g, the other two that went didnt, and they say the same thing. They were just blown right away... Their set was just under two hours, which was kindof a bummer because i couldve stayed there for another two hours easily. 

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#618510 - 04/25/02 04:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

SO, ?!?!
how was the show??

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

#618552 - 04/25/02 05:52 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

OH MY GOD it was fucking amazing. Sasha and Digweed were pretty cool, but they played too long. the suspense right before the brothers came on was so intense, Come With Us BLEW UP! it was so fuckin awesome. kinda small place too, Tom did a hell of a job interacting with the crowd. highlights: come with us, out of control into star guitar, sunshine underground, and private psychedelic reel. holy shit, it was so much more than i expected, i don't know how i could go to any other electronic concert now cuz this was way too fuckin good.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

#618733 - 04/25/02 09:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

HAHAHA!
man, thats EXACTLY what i was saying after the concert! And i expected it to be pretty damn good! It was a masterpiece performance, like an electronic symphony!
Glad you had fun man!

--------------------

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Loc: PDX, OR
    #618740 - 04/25/02 09:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

When I saw them live in Denver they sucked the big monkey.. and I work for Astralwerks so its hard for me to say that.. they were great when they were actually doing something, but I think they just left their synth on arpeggiate while they went and did drugs or something for about 10 minutes after every song.. they even left the stage.. although I'd like to see them again anyway as other people have said their other live sets have been really good.. guess I just saw them on a bad night (atleast I hope so)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Re: WHO WANTS TO HEAR THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!?!?!? [Re: Doublethink]
    #619296 - 04/26/02 11:26 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow that sucks Doublethink, during my show the only time they left was for the break before the encore towards the end. Tom especially was working reeally hard at the soundboard, almost all of the sounds you could tell he was manipulating if you watched him, and Ed was all over the place at the machines in the back and to the right of Ed. the songs evolved so much too, that's shitty they didn't really do much at your show in Denver. was it this tour? try and see em again, its worth it. What do you do at astralwerks? i wish i lived in LA so i could apply for an internship there or something, sounds like a sweet hookup

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    ex.  Blastrid!

OfflineDoublethink
lost cause
Male
Loc: PDX, OR
    #619453 - 04/26/02 03:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I saw them in.. hmm.. must have been summer of 1999 at Rave On The Rocks at Red Rocks Ampitheatre right outside Denver.. I can't remember when Surrender came out, must have been before that.. but had to have been awhile after Dig Your Own Hole came out.. anyway, Fatboy Slim DJed there, I'm not a big fan of his music but he REALLY knows how to work a crowd.. I'm a street rep.. I take posters and stuff to record stores and radio stations (I also apprentice at a radio station so I TRY and play a lot of AsW stuff, although a lot of the new stuff I don't like.. and a lot of the people I used to work for work for Ministry of Sound now that they have a US headquarters in NYC)... I want to see Orbital live, I'd sell a kidney to see them live.. I was going to get free tickets to Creamfields (from AsW) to see them but they canceled the US Creamfields festivals in LA and (I think) Vegas.. I also want to see Deepsky since I love trance and have heard their live set is second only to Orbital's.. they played Denver over New Years but I couldn't find a vehicle to borrow and my car wouldn't make the 9 or so hour drive...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports