Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think?
    #6069100 - 09/16/06 10:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

So I was in this band, I thought we were horrible as a group, I came home from practice with headaches, and I could never really get into the music because the drummer couldnt keep time very well. The other guys are convinced they're awesome and think they're gonna have music careers. I wanted some impartial people to comment on the band, they think Im biased because "Im not into there kinda music," I think there fans are biased because they're little 14 year old mall rats that seemed to like the band because the other guys were older and hung out with them at the mall. Check out myspace.com/localhighrise and tell me what you think, please! Tear them apart, build them up, it makes no difference to me. JUST GIVE ME THE TRUTH!

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineplexus
holding thelight of athousand candles

Loc: texas
Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6069306 - 09/16/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

really really bad. particularily the vocals. but all of it.

--------------------
that there, thats not me. :noway:
i go where i please. :yesnod:
im not here.:shake:
this isnt happening.:nonono:

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6069678 - 09/17/06 12:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

haha reminds me of the time I was in a band with some friends. I know we sounded like shit but somehow we managed to play out and people liked our stuff...

Hate to say it but yeah your bands music aint nothin great. Vocals suck and the music is to boring. But thats why you should always practice :smile:

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: Osker246]
    #6069768 - 09/17/06 01:39 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I think it could have passed as a typical punk rock band if the vocalist was better.

InvisibleDIRTYMAN
Jesusdon'tcomethrough thecotton.
Female
Loc: CZ NIGGUH
    #6069947 - 09/17/06 04:10 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

About as good as I expected. A-typical high school punk rock with no character. Vocals weren't that terrible. In a couple of years these guys might be OK but for now stick to talent shows and Elk's Lodges.

--------------------
I'm racist.                http://k-k-k.com/

OfflineRuggo
Grinning Mouth
Male

Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: DIRTYMAN]
    #6070098 - 09/17/06 08:07 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Let me just mention that EVERY garage recording has crappy vocals.

However, that is not the problem. The music is fairly boring, and while it's not the worst I've heard, it's nothing special compared to the other millions of garage bands out there.

Uncertain
Male

Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: Ruggo]
    #6070351 - 09/17/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Its not my band. They asked me to join, and after seeing there was no progress happening I quit. I think it was horrible in every way possible: vocals, lyrics, drumming, bass, guitar. I have a punk piece I put together on my computer using a computer mic and a couple of lunchbox amps that sounds better than what they posted on that myspace. They arent friends, I dont like them as people either, they lack personality and they're pretty shallow, did I mention they lack talent? People like them are a dime a dozen around here... I'll stick to lennon and dylan and psychedelics. They can stay caught up in "the scene."

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #6070396 - 09/17/06 11:00 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

pretty shitty. really shitty vocals too.. not just quality wise but content too.

--------------------

Uncertain
Male

Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: Shroomism]
    #6070444 - 09/17/06 11:19 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Keep it coming! Im gonna link them to this when I get a nice bunch of comments. Im really not expecting anyone to say anything good, because theres nothing good to be said. Someone needs to bring them back to reality, there heads are so big they've floated to some other dimension in which they're AWESOME. Thats not the case back on earth.

--------------------

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #6071415 - 09/17/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It was pretty bad. When I say "pretty bad," I really mean terrible. They have a little game thing on their myspace page with a falling person, I was more entertained by that then the music. Infact, they should take the music off and put more games up. That would probably get more fans. Anyway, in terms of their music sucking, it had no depth. The guitar was ok, the drums were mediocre, the vocals sucked, and the bass... that kid needs a new band. The bass player seemed like the only one with talent (and that isnt really saying much). Vocals need a lot of work, maybe an entirely different person with the guitar playing an entirely different type of music. The drummer wasnt too bad considering the type of music, but again that isnt saying much. In my opinion, you did the right thing by leaving the band because they would have wasted your time.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: AaronEvil]
    #6071438 - 09/17/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm usually pretty open to all kinds of music, but jesus christ, that was awful.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Uncertain
Male

Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: Harbinger]
    #6072320 - 09/17/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im surprised that you liked the bass player, but he is good in his own right I guess. I dont like the genre we were playing, I was playing the guitar, but I was writing parts to cater to the genre they wanted to play.

I know Im not a great guitar player, but they werent so honest with themselves. The guitar tone on those tracks is horrible, I asked them to let me rerecord and try to get a better tone, they ignored me. I think with better tone the guitar tracks wouldnt sound so dead. The riffs werent great, I kept it simple. Punk is simple music though. And not something Im particuarly interested in.

The problem with the bass player that isnt so evident when you just hear those two recordings is that he's kinda redundant. He uses octaves of the chord being played by guitar and the same slap/pluck pattern in most of the songs that were made. And that bass solo thing he did, at the end of northern vigilance sounds exactly like every other bass riff he makes up, other than his octave+slap pluck thing. He is the best bass player I've met personally though, I stress best PLAYER though, not the most creative.

It took the drummer a lot of takes to get those tracks down, I still dont think they're good. I can pick mistakes in both. In practice it was impossible to tap my foot to the song we were playing, because he constantly slowed down and sped up.

The vocals and lyrics sucked. The singer can sing well, but when he tries sounding "punk" he sounds like he does on the myspace, bad. I like him a lot better when he strums his acoustic guitar and sings. The lyrics were unoriginal, and werent really saying anything special. I wanted to get a message out, but they wanted to get all the messages bad religion got out.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #6074793 - 09/18/06 05:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

stop the hatin!

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#6074957 - 09/18/06 05:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"omfg.
are you kidding.
i love you guys.
out of like..all the local bands im into, you guys are the most original, i think.
and you all sound great.
drums are my favorite though, and let me just say that you do a great job of playing them.
=]
♥. "

:rofl:

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Band I played guitar for, I think we sucked, they think they're awesome. What do you think? [Re: TheCow]
    #6075325 - 09/18/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

terrible music, good for you getting out of there.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order