Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Blasphemy
    #5934224 -

Those who proclaim blasphemy are overly self-righteous and self-absorbed. Discuss. :smirk:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5934261 -

God damn you, isn't Wal Mart open today?


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5934422 -

The sun never sets on the empire. :smirk:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5934460 -

“Sacreligious fancies have so little substance to them that indeed they cannot heat any but those very youthful minds gladdened by any rupture of restraint; ‘tis here a kind of petty vindictiveness which fires the imagination and which, very probably, can evoke a moment or two of enjoyment; but these delights, it would seem to me, must become insipid and cold when one is of an age to understand and to be convinced of the nullity of the objects of which the idols we jeer at are but meager likenesses. The profanation of relics, the images of saints, the host, the crucifix, all that, in the philosopher’s view can amount to no more than the degradation of a pagan statue. Once your scorn has condemned those execrable baubles, you must leave them to contempt, and forget them; ‘tis not wise to preserve anything for all that but blasphemy, not that blasphemy has much meaning, for as of the moment God does not exist, what’s the use of insulting his name?” --Marquis de Sade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5934474 -

Sorry, but the whole notion of blasphemy is a culturally imposed idea...to take a stand either way is pointless because it is furthering an agenda put in place by other people we do not know.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5934480 -

itstarssaddam said:
“Sacreligious fancies have so little substance to them that indeed they cannot heat any but those very youthful minds gladdened by any rupture of restraint; ‘tis here a kind of petty vindictiveness which fires the imagination and which, very probably, can evoke a moment or two of enjoyment; but these delights, it would seem to me, must become insipid and cold when one is of an age to understand and to be convinced of the nullity of the objects of which the idols we jeer at are but meager likenesses.  The profanation of relics, the images of saints, the host, the crucifix, all that, in the philosopher’s view can amount to no more than the degradation of a pagan statue.  Once your scorn has condemned those execrable baubles, you must leave them to contempt, and forget them; ‘tis not wise to preserve anything for all that but blasphemy, not that blasphemy has much meaning, for as of the moment God does not exist, what’s the use of insulting his name?”  --Marquis de Sade



Inverted pentagrams and baphomets are still pretty fucking cool though.  :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5934521 -

I think of blasphemy as invoking the name of God in the pursuit of evil.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: Silversoul]
    #5934611 -

BLASPHEMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak all the blasphemies that you need, but speak not blasphemous of the holy spirit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5934771 -

Last week I finished reading M. Scott Peck's Glimpses of the Devil in which, in referring to a particularly odious character, the word "blasphemous" was used by a colleague. Peck wrote:

"As I travelled the country lecturing for fifteen years I was amazed that the vast majority of Americans did not understand the meaning of blasphemy - the violation of the third commandment. The most common translation of that commandment is 'Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain'...Some speak of 'in vain' as meaning 'irreverently,' others to mean swearing, and particularly swearing to a falsehood....That is not what the third commandment means. It doesn't mean you are blasphemous if you hit your thumb with a hammer and yell 'Goddamn'...So the third commandment does not refer to bad language...On the contrary, it refers to sweet religious language about God, which is used to hide or disguise one's godlessness or wicked behavior...To take the name of the Lord in vain means to vociferously proclaim your faith in order to hide your faithlessness...Blasphemy is the sin of sins. It is the lie of lies, the use of God to hide your sins rather than to repair them."  - pp.207-208

I'm still pondering Peck's notion, but I thought I'd include it because you are bound to get all kinds of silliness intended to express a false notion of blasphemy. Similarly:
In Matthew 12:31-32, Jesus says to the Pharisees,

"Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come" (NKJV).

The blasphemy or unforgivable sin is not cursing out the Holy Spirit  :tongue: it is the permanent rejection of Christ, because faith and gnosis of Christ comes by Way of the Holy Spirit [Consciousness] and as the  The Way is thus forsaken, one is spiritually screwed.

I know...didn't exactly answer your question. Sorry about that Chief.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5934931 -

Well, actually, that was an incredible response, most appreciated. :thumbup:

I think my comment was mostly addressed to those who hold a certain concept that they invest emotion in, and lash out at others when they do not hold the same sense of regard for their emotion-backed pet concept. For instance, if someone does not properly captialize the word "god", then that, to them, is blasphemy. :rolleyes:

I think such behavior stems from being self-righteous. That which is declared as blasphemy is seen as an assault on that which one uses to derive their sense of superiority.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5936198 -



excelent post markos. the latter part corresponds exactly with my understanding of blasphemy.

Edited by Deviate (08/06/06 04:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5936224 -

There is really nothing to get mad about when one disrespects your godly figures. It's his life, and his mind, his truth, the gods are not damaged in any way. The truth is out there, whatever it is, and no man can damage it, only find it or live in ignorance
So yes, there is something self-righteous about it


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5936234 -

Great vision is like a symphony orchestra:
Consider the String Theory section plucking away in the dark while seductive notes emerge from the Would Wins; just before the booming Dumbdy Dumbs Bong out their most compelling rhythm, Trump-ettes will issue brilliant blasphemies that can form rings around your Thromboners.
then everybody gets da clap


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5936584 -

I suppose that I'd have to agree with you there. I notice that many 'J' type people (according to the MBTI) who are attracted to this Biblical evangelizing game are merely using religion in the service of their self-righteousness and propensity to 'J'ump to snap 'J'udgements. It should be the other way around, somehow employing their particular personalities in the service of true religion - perhaps cultivating the 'gift of discernment.'

I have been accused of being blasphemous in all seriousness by Orthodox Jews when I told them of the importance of Jesus to my personal development - even if I didn't laud theologically offensive titles like 'son of God.' Similarly, I have either been told or have been treated as one involved in blasphemy by 'Christians' when I have pointed out that God was in human affairs long before Jesus was born. My Lady's German stepmother began to pray - lips moving and all - because we were listening to a tape of Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now! She is the kind of Christian who believes in Benny Hinn tele-miracles. Yesterday she sent me an e-mail about a man crippled from birth who was prayed over and told to get up and walk - and did. She was happy that the Lord was still healing people. Maybe yes, maybe no, but WHO is being blasphemous, me or a Jesus cultist who fancies an invisible Jesus being present at questionable events?!


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5936603 -

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. It certainly isn't a profound topic, sort of obvious, but I felt like posting it nonetheless. :grin:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Blasphemy [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5936624 -

Well, it is profound if you see the world stage as a battleground of the Sacred and the Profane, with Jews, Muslims and Christians pointing their fingers at each other accusingly and with Muslims in the lead by several lengths when it comes to blaspheming against "Allah the Merciful, the Compassionate" through unspeakable acts of cruelty and terror.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* All is forgiven
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 2,711 38 05/16/06 09:58 AM
by leery11
* Owning the earth, and other blasphemies against nature
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Silversoul 5,916 89 03/05/06 12:28 PM
by BlueCoyote
* Sweet & Glorious Blasphemy! OrgoneConclusion 738 14 04/14/13 05:52 PM
by Cyclohexylamine
* Matthew 5:29: If thine right eye offend thee...
( 1 2 all )
OrgoneConclusion 706 21 04/11/12 06:38 PM
by usulpsychonaut
* Eternal Sin.... Akira 1,167 17 01/04/06 11:31 AM
by Akira
* im not concieted, just have every reason to be.... uriahchase 647 9 02/19/05 07:51 AM
by uriahchase
* Thomas's writings, brother of jesus.
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 3,256 26 04/07/13 08:19 AM
by liquidlounge
* The Godspell of Thomas MiddlemanM 2,361 9 06/02/02 04:55 AM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,444 topic views. 1 members, 2 guests and 46 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.