Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblestrain
journeyman
Do I need a drip shield?
    #584154 - 03/20/02 10:42 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

I built a sweet little setup with an ultrasonic humidifier, a valve, plastic tubing all connected to 2 large plastic bins and the humidity seems to be stabilizing at around 90 but there are water droplets forming on the 2 cakes that I am fruiting now. There is a dense fog in the bins is this normal?

Do I need a drip shield? Will this stop the droplets forming on the cakes?
I plan to case after I actually going through a complete cycle with cakes, will the drip shield still be needed when casing?

--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: Do I need a drip shield? [Re: strain]
    #584176 - 03/20/02 11:25 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

Hi Strain, I wouldnt worry about those droplets on the cakes, i used to have a drip-shield(transparent plexiglass) with perlite humidification, but after checking how it works without, i figured out ,that my set up doesnt need it...But because you are using a ultrasonic, maybe you need to build one....(Do you see the cakes suffering from too much water on them?If thats the case....then make a drip-shield) Another alternative way you might wanna try, is some vaseline on the inside of your terreriums lid.....a shroomerite reported success using this method in an old post...***good luck***

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Invisibleblack_dove
journeyman
Re: Do I need a drip shield? [Re: Sterile]
    #584194 - 03/20/02 11:48 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

It sounds too wet strain. Ultrasonic are said to make the most and densest mist/fog. Some peolpe route the mist through a maze of tubes and bottles, which may be good or not. Are you shure your humidistat reads accurately between 90 and 100% rH ?
About the drip sheild, If there is water droplets dripping on cakes or casings, a drip sheild is an effective tool.
Also, the humidifier does not need to run 24/7. It could be on a timer.

Invisiblestrain
journeyman
Re: Do I need a drip shield? [Re: black_dove]
    #584202 - 03/20/02 11:57 AM (22 years, 14 days ago)

How could I set up the timer?
I have a 15 min timer... please help!

--------------------
Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

OfflinedDigitalPimp
Loc: PA
Re: Do I need a drip shield? [Re: strain]
    #584215 - 03/20/02 12:12 PM (22 years, 14 days ago)

go to the store and get a 24hr timer that plugs into the outlet, and then you can plug your humidifier into it, set it to come on a couple of times a day for like 10-20 min, depending on how the RH is. if you have a thick fog, i would have to guess you have 1, 100% RH, and 2, a bad hydrometer(sp). hope this helps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates