Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Subs in woodchip [Re: moshroom]
    #5584660 - 05/03/06 07:16 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

moshroom said:
that was an excellent description thanx heaps for that, we should make a rule that subs = subaeruginosa and subbs = pan subbs.
would someone need much colonized bark to transplant? or just a few mycelium covered chips?

Well, if you used a few colonized woodchips it would take longer for the mycelial network to establish than if you used many colonized chips.

Edit: I re-read it, are you purposely differentiating bark and woodchips? If so, any option you mentioned will work, but id say myc takes better to woodchips than bark. Even if one were to transfer a small amount of myc bark to moist eucalypt or pine chips, it should take well. This is cause it has lots of prime substrate with which it can attach itself to.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

Edited by OOISI (05/03/06 07:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Subs in woodchip [Re: OOISI]
    #5778857 - 06/22/06 12:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible to attain a Subaeruginosa mycelium network via using different substrate, for example T-tree chips from home, instead of pine or eucalyptus? my  fire wood gathering produces a lot of chip,using the good old axe... I've saved it up... combined with some sawdust. I have layed few layers of newspaper thinly beneath it in and on the soil. To create more moisture under the chip and to give another level of substance for the network of mycelium to congregate... Half of the chip is so soft you can break it up with your hands... i thought that would be an interesting substrate for the strain because it is so moist they might love it...the other half of the chip is not rotting... there are some big bits of chip too... so in time it could go off, that is if they are compatible, my mate showed me his patch where mycelium was ripely growing all over his newspaper directly in soil maybe 1mm under. Lotsa nice fresh perfect looking cyas or maybe they were subs they looked to perfect to be subs... however he has given me some of the newspaper with lots of mycelium  :laugh: now the paper and chip is down... i planted some plants similar to my mates patch, to try and create a similar environment for them to thrive in .... rosemary plant etc... no over crowding or anything...it looks good... i may get two strains eventually come up  because i have his mycelium on the news paper and also transfered mycelium from three or four other sub patches i have found. Additionally i picked some fresh small perfectly developed subs,  roots and all. To really Get things going and to see if  a transplant might work or give a higher chance of spores turning into mycelium, fingers crossed eh???.... they look like they are still growing... Will i get Fruits this Year if I'm lucky?

Anonymous

Re: Subs in woodchip [Re: ]
    #5779192 - 06/22/06 01:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

SO It is possible, and ill need to support the mycelium with back up mycelium too it sounds like... man this site is gold...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains