Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
psychadelics and seizures
    #568602 - 03/03/02 12:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

has anyone had an experience with psychadelics and seizures? i had one the other week while on shrooms and am going to the doctor tomorrow (and then possibly a neurologist) to get checked out as i had a non-drug related seizure a year ago too. i've read a couple trip reports where people had seizures but its not well documented in the drug world from what i've seen. feel free to pm me about it if you've seen or experienced seizures...

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: ShroominSpradl]
    #568950 - 03/03/02 07:14 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

moving to general questions

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineShroominSpradl
    #569104 - 03/03/02 10:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i've checked the archive and what not about seizures and have found quite a bit of instances where people had what appeared to be a seizure. my question is did any of those people ever see a doctor afterwards or just completely ignore it?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #569157 - 03/03/02 11:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I can't remember if I've read this somewhere before or not, but I'm willing to be that most hallucinogenic drugs lower your seizure threshold at least a little.

That's not a problem for most people, but for anyone who has epilepsy (even if it is so mild that you do not normally experience seizures) it could be enough to induce a seizure.

You're doing the right thing about going to a doctor. Be honest with your doctor, he/she can't turn you in or anything.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Anonymous

#569296 - 03/04/02 03:46 AM (22 years, 30 days ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

OfflineShroominSpradl
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: ]
    #572996 - 03/07/02 10:14 PM (22 years, 27 days ago)

thats what i thought too, but i got checked out anyways and i have no holes in my head! in the clear..

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#575616 - 03/11/02 07:12 AM (22 years, 23 days ago)

Physical risks associated with shrooms & LSD as far as I know split into four categories:

1...FOETUS: The emotional intensity a Trip can give may lead to spontaneous abortion if the Tripper's pregnant or contractions may expel the baby prematurely from the womb.

2...KID: Kids under the age of 12-14 have developing brains/personalities & should avoid any Psychoactive, including Psychedelics. I've read some vague stuff that their brains could grow up wrong, but it's patently obvious the average kid hasn't the life-experience & inner strenght to cope with an extremely hard Trip. Even the INDIANS won't dose a kid under the age of 14...

3...HEARTPATIENT: People with a serious heartcondition might be shocked into a heart-attack: Since these unfortunate people sometimes can be sent to the grave by some prankster shouting "BOOO!!!" this shouldn't come as a surprise.

4...EPILEPTIC: People who're susceptible to Epilepsy might get the notorious "Status Epilepticus" on Psychedelics; basically a series of seizures that often has to be stopped by Pharm intervention. This seems to be rare but it's VERY SERIOUS if it should happen.

Naturally there are enhanced risks for people who've got pre-existing psychological problems too, but the above are the major Physical risks as far as I know.
Since you already had a non-drug seizure I really have to be conservative and reccommend you quit Psychedelics. I'm not a doctor so I won't say stuff like: "If you take this&this Pharm you won't be at risk."
Hope to have helped...

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinecHeMiCaLoRaNgE
journeyman
Loc: Saskatoon, SK., Canada
    #580520 - 03/16/02 11:05 AM (22 years, 18 days ago)

no such thing on shrooms, this was your spirit attempting to leave your body which probably felt completely dissasosciated from itself at the time. this is also why you have probably never experienced this while sober.

--------------------
<+> wOrLd PhIlOsOpHy CaN OnLy bE UnDeRsToOd ThRoUgH aStRaL aWaKeNiNg<+>

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: cHeMiCaLoRaNgE]
    #4393711 - 07/11/05 07:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I made a post in ODD a while back on this..few months ago...my girl did..since then a few more trips have been had without seizures..it was weird and the docs said she was fine after many checkups and tests...may haev been stressed out and very tired, late night, and beat from tripping hard the last few hours, then get up to the kitchen (EEEK FOOD! RUN AWAY) ect ect...she seems ok now...we just make sure shes well rested, well fed, and well watered :smile:

Oops dragged up an old thread...those "related topics" at the bottom there will get you doing that  :blush:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (07/11/05 07:54 PM)

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4394335 - 07/11/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah one time my buddy like.. passed out and shook a little bit.. wasnt really like a seizure.. but he thinks he just got up too fast/ tripping too hard and lost conciousness.. this happened twice that night and we were all tripping so it was FUCKED up.. but wise of you to get it checked out. glad to hear youre ok

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: hempknight]
    #4394362 - 07/11/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hempknight said:
yeah one time my buddy like.. passed out and shook a little bit.. wasnt really like a seizure.. but he thinks he just got up too fast/ tripping too hard and lost conciousness.. this happened twice that night and we were all tripping so it was FUCKED up.. but wise of you to get it checked out. glad to hear youre ok

yeah thats probably what happened me and my friend make ourselves pass out by breathign really hard then standing up while holding our breath and then someone squezes realy hard on your chest. some people shake when the regain conciousness and its pretty funny when your stoned but i could imagin how it could freak you out if you were tripping

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

OfflineAaladorn
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: lkfity315]
    #4395799 - 07/12/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know, brain damage is pretty trippy.

Offlinebare_head
Stranger
Re: psychadelics and seizures [Re: Aaladorn]
    #4395852 - 07/12/05 01:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

has hempknight said i discovered the exact same thing.

i had taken 3.5grams fresh cubies and was tripping very intense. I had began smoking lots of weed to help with a little of the anxiety and nausia i had experienced.

i began to become really hot and tried to stand up too quick, next thing my mate drags me up and tells me i passed out and started shaking for a split second but he picked me up. This worried me slightly but my close friend who was tripping with me that i got up and was leaning on the door frame and was sort of "lost in my own world" before i sort of passed out for a few seconds.

I cannot figure out why i passed out but a few things i thought about when it happenedwas i was smoking too much weed, i was really hot and hadn't eaten at all taht day.

All the factors could have added to one another

OfflineSentiEntity5550123
Stranger
    #25306808 - 07/03/18 05:05 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Hey dude i know this post was a whiiiiiiiiile ago now but im fascinated about the potentiating effect that a concurrent seizure may have on potentiating the psychedelic experience....was really hoping if you could tell me if you had an enhanced experience/hallucinations due to the seizure-psychedelic combo???
Thank you!!!! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom