Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejeremyseliner
Stranger
MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY?
    #4277931 - 06/09/05 11:48 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

MY GIRLFRIEND REALLY WANTS TO DO SHROOMS WITH ME BUT SHE HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES. IM WONDERING IF SHE TOOK THEM IF SHE WOULD BE OK? ALSO I HAVE HEARD THAT ALOT OF SHROOMS ARE LACED WITH PCP SO I HAVE TO TAKE THAT INTO ACCOUNT ALSO. I HAVE THE SHROOMS ALREADY AND DID THE SAME ONES 2 WEEKS AGO AND HAD A GOOD TIME BUT I WANT TO TRIP W/ HER VERY MUCH BUT DONT KNOW IF SHE WOULD BE OK? PLEASE HELP.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTrav
Stranger

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: jeremyseliner]
    #4277943 - 06/09/05 11:51 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

No shrooms are going to be laced with PCP. Period. As for the seizures, I have heard of people blacking out on mushrooms and seizures occuring. This is all 2nd hand information, therefore I cannot confirm it for sure. I would say start with a low dose.

OfflineA010011000111
Stranger
Loc: Space
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: Trav]
    #4277962 - 06/09/05 11:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well, there COULD be PCP in your shrooms. generally there isnt, but if you get your drugs from bitches/crackheads/shady people, then its bound to happen.

--------------------
You can get a power chord tangled up in a blanket pretty good. you just gotta pull it out.

OfflineGDxCAT
Wharf Rat

Loc: High in the Hills
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: A010011000111]
    #4277977 - 06/10/05 12:08 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have watched my friend fall to the floor in a 7/11 and start having seizures while on shrooms. He snapped out of it in a couple minutes and was fine later. This was on 5g.
i would suggest she try it but start with a low dose.
No one should be denied the experience that mushrooms provide.,

--------------------
You who choose to lead must follow
But if you fall you fall alone
If you should stand then who's to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home

OfflinePryme
Searching...
Loc: South Carolina
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: GDxCAT]
    #4278052 - 06/10/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Is your caps button locked? Anyway...I'd be worried about buying any shrooms or the such from suspicious looking people. Either pick your own or grow your own to make sure you're not getting them laced with PCP. Personally I highly doubt the risk of PCP-laced shrooms; they're are so many other dangerous things to lace them with to just choose PCP. So I would start her out on a very low dose and stay with her the whole time and let her know you're with her so she won't freak out and have a bad trip or anything. Then when you can tell she is alright at a low dose without siezures, I'd up the dosage a little and stay with her until you know for a fact it won't happen; then I'd start tripping with her.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: Pryme]
    #4278106 - 06/10/05 01:04 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It's easier to read if you don't use caps lock =P

As for the topic at hand, if she's on medications for seizures, they might not react well with mushrooms, and she might not react well at higher doses. if you want to do them with her, and get the OK from other, more knowledgeable shroomerites, make sure to play it smart and use a low dose.

As for PCP-laced shrooms, why would anyone lace a shroom with PCP? I've never, ever, heard of that. I've never heard of anyone lacing any mushrooms with ANY drug. Maybe that's just me and where I come from.

--------------------
So it goes.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: A010011000111]
    #4278220 - 06/10/05 01:40 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

A010011000111 said:
well, there COULD be PCP in your shrooms. generally there isnt, but if you get your drugs from bitches/crackheads/shady people, then its bound to happen.

This is bullshit. You are not going to get PCP laced shrooms. This is unwise economically. It won't happen unless you have somebody that really has a grudge against you for one reason or another.

As for her having seizures shrooms are probably not the ideal choice for her to be doing. I would be careful. I can't give you a straight answer though. Personally I wouldnt dose if I was prone to seizures.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4278408 - 06/10/05 03:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well her chances are dramatically increased of possible convulsions. If she is epileptic she shouldn't take psychedelics period (unless you like having seizures). If she had just a couple seizures in the past I think she will be fine. As said.. HAVE HER START WITH A LOW DOSE (1.5-2 grams).

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: jeremyseliner]
    #4278839 - 06/10/05 07:02 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Psychedelics can trigger seizure in those susceptible to them. Particularly dramatic would be Grand Mal and Status Epilepticus seizures.

There is a good chance she is thrown into convulsions and you'll have to call an ambulance on her for ER intervention.

A history of seizures & epilepsy rules out use of psychedelics.
But everybody has to make their own mistakes..
So please do not make hers.

It may go smooth several times but it may be ER time the next.
She should not trip.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: Asante]
    #4279174 - 06/10/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Psychedelics can trigger seizure in those susceptible to them. Particularly dramatic would be Grand Mal and Status Epilepticus seizures.

There is a good chance she is thrown into convulsions and you'll have to call an ambulance on her for ER intervention.

Listen to the wisdom here.

My wife (NO history of seizures) was on a lowish dose (2.5g) a couple of years ago, and suffered what was later determined to be several petit mal seizures followed by a GARGUANTAN grand mal seizure that nearly killed her. She stopped breathing several times (CPR! learn it!) and was on a respirator for several hours, followed by several DAYS in the ICU. This seizure lasted for nearly 45 minutes, and the ER docs finally gave her some curare derivative to paralyze her and make it stop so they could work on her. Her memory (3 years on) is still not right, and may never be. Again, she had never had a seizure, and had NO family history of them, either.

Was it the mushrooms? No one knows. But it's not worth dying for, really. She doesn't take psychedelics anymore...

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily
 User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: henryp]
    #4279890 - 06/10/05 02:18 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

wow henry that kinda scares me a little, im shrromin for the first time in a littlew bit and have no family issues of any mental problems, but either did your wife and she had a seisure, not cool, but very unlikely to happen to me.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4280197 - 06/10/05 03:44 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

How old are you bro?? No offence if you are older but in my experience the only people who talk on the internet like that are young. If you are young and still in school I recomend you stay away from psychedelics and all drugs for that matter for awhile. I wish I would have waited untill I was at least through with High School not starting in Middle School for christ sakes.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (06/10/05 03:45 PM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily
 User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4280407 - 06/10/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

18 just outta high school :smile:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: PreparationH]
    #4280423 - 06/10/05 04:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

not you bro :tongue: The original poster. Look at who I replied too.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4280472 - 06/10/05 04:56 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ryanvergel said:
I've never heard of anyone lacing any mushrooms with ANY drug. Maybe that's just me and where I come from.

I've personally doused mushrooms with liquid LSD for my own and others' pleasure. So, now you've heard of it. I certainly wouldn't do it for any other reason.

As for the thread topic, my wife is predisposed to seizures under high frequency strobes. She has told me that she has felt that "sinking feeling" of an oncoming seizure while tripping but it has never happened. I'd say let it be 100% her decision, keep the dose low, and be ready for the worst.

Personally, If I were prone to seizures, I wouldn't get fucked up on anything. It is worth noting that I have seen people (who were not the seizing type) seizing on practically every drug under the sun but only at extreme doses or combinations.

Offlinenitroguy
SeiZureS

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: debianlinux]
    #4310576 - 06/18/05 12:32 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No. Unless you enjoy talking to EMT while you are tripping.

--------------------
...Weapons are meant for destruction,
and thus are avoided by the wise.
Only as a last resort
will a wise person use a deadly weapon.
If peace is her true objective
how can she rejoice in the victory of war?
Those who rejoice in victory
delight in the slaughter of humanity.
Those who resort to violence
will never bring peace to the world...

Lao-Tzu, "Tao Te Ching--31" trans. J.H. McDonald

OfflineTheCityBeef
Stranger

Re: MY GIRLFRIEND HAS A HISTORY OF SEIZURES; R SHROOMS OK 4HER TO TRY? [Re: nitroguy]
    #8597916 - 07/05/08 06:21 PM (8 years, 5 months ago)

nah i say no i wouldnt take the chance. im no expert but i just recently tried mushrooms and had a slight seizer. i pass out and and started to slide down my door to the floor and someone caought me and lowered me down

I have never fainted or had a seizur in my life and i did and people have before on shrooms.

I wouldnt take that chance with someone who Has a history of seizures sober. It doesnt sound like a good idea

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience