Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Meditation and stress relieving
    #5584512 -

Hello,
I hope you have heard about meditation! It is actually one of the ways to connect oneself to the Overself--but in today's world, meditation is often confused with concentration, or sitting silently for hours. Though this concentration is necessary for meditation, the real state of meditation can't be attained so easily.

There is an online free tool that can be downloaded from Internet--it is called meditation tool, but it is for making concentration, which will further increase the capacity to meditate.

www.in15seconds.com

At the bottom, you will find a link "Free Download". If you need an invitation key, you can use sdkrdksh@gmail.com, as i get the free credit to use this tool. Check it and see if it can be helpful.
Is the took beneficial
You may choose 2


Votes accepted from 05/03/06 04:50 AM until the end of time

View the results of this poll


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5584730 -

Meditation has a beautiful meaning in Sanskrit original "Samadhi"--it means the state of forgetfulness, where the person who is meditating does not know about his or her own existence. This is where is differs from all other sorts of notions about it, for, if you know what you are doing, it can't be meditation! Comments invited!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5584777 -

SPAM


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: Icelander]
    #5584905 -

..purely?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5585020 -

sdkrdk said:
Meditation has a beautiful meaning in Sanskrit original "Samadhi"--it means the state of forgetfulness, where the person who is meditating does not know about his or her own existence. This is where is differs from all other sorts of notions about it, for, if you know what you are doing, it can't be meditation! Comments invited!



The main princple of meditation, in general is presence and awarness. Wiithout these two, one can never experience pure samadhi. Pure samadhi is beyond the subject object duality of our ordinary vision. No forgetfulness is involved here, its more a case of the opposite. Notions of self, and other arise depenently upon our dualistic vision, but in the state of Pure Samadhi there is never this problem. Samadhi is a meditative state characterized by calm, stability, and the absence of distraction. Being aware of course is the key to realizing this state. Hindu practitioners, and some Hinayana practionters sometimes confuse the state of samadhi with the states of meditative absorption "Jhanas", instead of seeing things how they are, with presence and awareness.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: Sinbad]
    #5585061 -

Yes, i agree with you! I mean that during meditation forgets about oneself but he or she is aware of One's self--the true person, which is common to everyone! Which is the source of everything and all. You are perhaps right where you say that distractions arise from dualistic view. Yes, Samadhi means merging into that one--there is no duality in the state of Samadhi.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5585088 -

Its more like Shunryu Suzuki Roshi says

"When we practice meditation, it is not that big mind is actually controlling small mind, but simply that when small mind becomes calm, big mind starts its true activity" - Suzuki

Another cool quote, like this one : "


"Although we have no actualt written communications from the world of emptiness, we have some hints or suggestions about what is going on in that world, and that is, you mihgt say, enlightenment. When you see plum blossoms or hear the osund of a small stone hitting bamboo, that is a letter from emptiness." - Suzuki


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: Sinbad]
    #5585128 -

Very nice! They look enlightening--Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5588258 -

There was a study conducted recently about the power of prayers in patients. It failed and so did the power of prayer:))

The scientists that there is no power in prayer--a whole lot of stuff and all that! What you say people? Come and comment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: sdkrdk]
    #5589393 -

we've actually had huge discussions about this fairly recently.

meditation is shown to have tremendous health benefits..... so my question is ... did these people not pray right?

It would be like saying "om mani padme hum" 3 times then saying "ah what a great meditation" could it not be that that's how most people pray? I'm not sure how you pray right but prayer should be a vehicle into mystical and transcendent states..... so that you COMMUNE with your God...

and if people were praying that way I would say the results would be better. Similar to meditating.


--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: leery11]
    #5589412 -

Studies often don't tell us that much, unless we conduct them ourselves.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: leery11]
    #5589422 -

When I meditate, I just look at a candle and breath. My body aligns itself for the most part. It is actually a very involved activity because it's alot of work to sit still for so long. =) Sometimes I will let my spine relax for a moment by just letting my head and back collapse and then come back up. I figure it's a stretch for the spine, which helps to get things get going again. I think that one should try to forget pain as much as possible when meditating.. just accept it and it will eventually just become natural to you. But sometimes you just have to let stuff happen to remain flexible and free of tension.

I just try to relax and see the flame. Not stressing myself, but not falling asleep. I observe my thoughts, which are often times centered around what I should be doing. I figure that if I should be doing something then it will happen - I'll just have the sudden urge to do it. My body starts up the action and I understand what's going on so I complete it without even thinking. It's no big deal.. just keep breathing and looking at the flame.

I don't think that many people would understand right away how good meditation can be because it is sometimes hard to contemplate its function even to me after having some experience. But it really does make me smile when I think of a really simple thought that is like a load off my shoulders.. something that seems to quell everything so that I can just see the flame and be in the moment, flowing with my feelings in a state of understanding.


--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Meditation and stress relieving [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #5589449 -

hobbitcg said:
I don't think that many people would understand right away how good meditation can be because it is sometimes hard to contemplate its function even to me after having some experience. But it really does make me smile when I think of a really simple thought that is like a load off my shoulders.. something that seems to quell everything so that I can just see the flame and be in the moment, flowing with my feelings in a state of understanding.



Sounds very interesting! Nice to hear what you do and how it helps you! This is basically what all these spiritual things are meant for--but the significance of all things rests above. We have to realize the state of communion with God. The stress given on bodily aspects of spirituality is due to that if we can't keep our body fit, we will not be able to control our mind. Concentrating on flame is one of the most common and profound activity that people across the globe do--i wish you every success and more bliss in your activity!:)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Meditation Techniques KeepAskingTime 2,561 13 12/23/11 08:25 AM
by redgreenvines
* Fantastic article on the nagging "inherent" dissatisfaction of life, meditation, etc + my thoughts Grok 1,454 2 09/09/07 12:37 AM
by redgreenvines
* The Infallible Possition (still infallible)
( 1 2 all )
soulmotion 2,562 24 02/23/05 12:12 PM
by soulmotion
* My Meditative Experiences lucid 1,183 10 12/07/03 05:44 PM
by lucid
* One pointed versus awareness meditation Epigallo 2,459 14 07/18/07 11:04 AM
by Sinbad
* new to meditation
( 1 2 all )
Lyte it Up 420 2,852 24 05/18/03 12:00 PM
by SafeHaven
* What is Meditation? GrowingVines 1,814 14 10/10/02 05:48 PM
by Eightball
* Meditation increases brain size??? Cracka_X 2,025 7 08/23/07 07:27 PM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
880 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.056 seconds spending 0.033 seconds on 20 queries.